Hypothetical "you're the manager" type thread

The Prophet

Guest sicko2ndbest

..............................Harper.........................

Simpson.......Campbell..........Taylor...........Jose

Cleverley....MBai..........Guthrie...........Jonas

..................Vela...............Ameobi................

Smith

Nolan

Ranger

Loven

Taylor

Pancrate

Krul

Sales

Colo 5m

Carroll 3m

Incoming

MBai - 7mil

Vela - 7mil

Cleverley - 4mil

Should be enough to keep us up but it will be tight!

I think it is going to take 30mil + player sales to guarantee safety!

I can't be arsed to do this in great detail, my team would somehow look like this:

Harper

Simpson     Colo     Taylor     Enrique

Pancrate     Smith     Larsson   Boyd

Loven 

Ameobi   

and we would probably come straigh back down.

You will REALLY struggle to get a half decent striker these days for >£10m imo.

Harper

S Taylor    Colo    Onouaha    Enrique

Cleverley    Barton  Guthrie  Jonas

Nolan

Rodallega

Smith

Pancrate

Forster

Lovenkrands

R Taylor

Simpson

Carroll

Ameobi out for 2m, Krul out for 5m release Butt & Geremi. Cleverley in for 4m, Onouaha for 5m, Rodellaga for 8m

Harper

Simpson, Colo, Taylor, Enrique

Pancrate, Barton, Jonas

Sell Nolan - 5M

Sell Smith - 5M

Sell Ameobi - 2M

Sell Barton

22M for 1 starting central midfielders, 2 starting strikers, and quite a few back ups ?

I would raid Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea for loan players. Premiership and our status as a "big club" - I think Newcastle United are very appealing loan destinations for promising youngsters.

Zoran Tošić, Danny Welbeck, Gabriel Obertan, Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverley

Jack Wilshere, Fran Merida

Michael Mancienne, Miroslav Stoch

etc

I can't instantly think of any 10M rated players who have got me thinking "that's what we need"

5m for Nolan? What currency are we talking?

I reckon his conversion rate this season could tempt a few clubs into gambling on him.

Maybe I've adjusted to the Championship mentality too quickly. :lol: £5m seems like a lot, but he can (apparently) get you goals (at this level).

I would try for Carlos Vela for 2 reasons:

He has a lot of competition for his position at Arsenal so there may be a chance he would come, he would be my break the bank & go out & get him signing. Would be  even bettter if Arsenal did not get in CL next season as they would have to flog a few players.

The 2nd reason he was good on FM a few years back.

All of the above are part of there teams 1st squad bar Tosic & Cleverley so there is no chance of them getting dished out. As for Cleverley looked nowt special yesteday so would have to see more of him. Tosic saw him play in a international junior comp, a few times for Man Utd & once V Liverpool 2nd XI & he has yet to impress.

By my count we need at least 6 if we come up.

A centre half- regardless of if we sign one in Jan.

A centre midfielder

Right winger

Left winger

2 X Forwards

I would only let Butt and Geremi go, who are out of contract anyway.

So 10m for 6 players isn't going to stretch too far. Centre mid and a forward would be musts with the other supplemented by loans and frees.

It'll be a long season!

Vela won't be leaving Arsenal just yet. He's getting some airtime right now with all the injuries that lot seems to have.

I also think he's not going to make it at this level.

If they miss out on CL the sales will start of course nee one has given Arsenal more money than Barca so it would no doubt be a big cheque for Cesc from Barca to sort out the cash flow problem.

Your better shout is to cannibalize a relegated side, really. If Pompey goes down (they are getting better, but all the off-the-field problems will get to them at the end) I'd certainly get Boateng at least. I reckon Tal Ben Haim and Hreidarsson would be useful backups too (Haim can play LB too, if I recall correctly). Belhadj I'm not so sure but worth a shout I guess.

If Hull ends up going under, Hunt is a canny left winger. Bullard has shit fitness, sadly, but he's England material when he's healthy. I wouldn't touch anything else from them with a barge pole.

As said, Milijas from Wolves looks very good. I rate Doyle too, but he's not that good to justify a probable 8m+ pricetag.

Vela won't be leaving Arsenal just yet. He's getting some airtime right now with all the injuries that lot seems to have.

I also think he's not going to make it at this level.

If they miss out on CL the sales will start of course nee one has given Arsenal more money than Barca so it would no doubt be a big cheque for Cesc from Barca to sort out the cash flow problem.

I don't see how they would miss out on CL qualification though, they look fine for that this year. And I agree regarding Cesc. It wold be a blow to them, though.

All of the above are part of there teams 1st squad bar Tosic & Cleverley so there is no chance of them getting dished out. As for Cleverley looked nowt special yesteday so would have to see more of him. Tosic saw him play in a international junior comp, a few times for Man Utd & once V Liverpool 2nd XI & he has yet to impress.

Appreciate what you are saying thespence, however you don't get if you don't ask. And Tosic and Cleverley have potentials, so at the very least better than other proven shites.

Your better shout is to cannibalize a relegated side, really. If Pompey goes down (they are getting better, but all the off-the-field problems will get to them at the end) I'd certainly get Boateng at least. I reckon Tal Ben Haim and Hreidarsson would be useful backups too (Haim can play LB too, if I recall correctly). Belhadj I'm not so sure but worth a shout I guess.

If Hull ends up going under, Hunt is a canny left winger. Bullard has s*** fitness, sadly, but he's England material when he's healthy. I wouldn't touch anything else from them with a barge pole.

As said, Milijas from Wolves looks very good. I rate Doyle too, but he's not that good to justify a probable 8m+ pricetag.

Good points I have totally forgotten.

Let's just say Wolves, Bolton and Portsmouth go down.

Nenad Milijas, Christophe Berra, kevin doyle

Gary Cahill, Fabrice Muamba, Tamir Cohen - very good little player worth a gamber

Jamie O'Hara (tottenham), Kevin-Prince Boateng, Nadir Belhadj, Younes Kaboul

We should try to get the above players - provided they are priced reasonably.

History have also suggested that members of Championship team of the season quite often perform decently in the Premiership.