Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Tyson

I would be surprised if he doesn't start on Sunday myself. Started every game up until now, why the sudden change of heart? He was just being rested.

He was injured. I'd be surprised if Pardew alters the team at all after that performance.

By the sound of things it was a more touch&go injury, as to whether Simpson would make the squad for the Chelsea game. It wasn't listed as a definite 1-2 week ankle strain etc was it? Seemed to be the perfect opportunity for Pards to play the injury card (for a minor knock, and in-form players battle through minor niggles, especially at the back-end of the season if the stakes are high enough), and go for a man-management orientated omission. The lad needed a chance to mentally regroup after Wigan, but in light of Perch's display there's a timely & fortunate selection dilemma now.

Wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad player, but if these rumours about leaving in the summer are true, i'm glad people within the club have finally realised he's not good enough.

Wishful thinking on his behalf but: Probably get decent cash off Chelsea as well.  :lol:

If they offer anything more than 5m i will be laughing all season long regardless of where we finish  :lol:

If Chelsea come calling I reckon we'd get that, as mad as it sounds.

We would bring in two RBs twice as good as him for that kind of money, I have no doubt in that.

From what I can work out so far -

*There always has to be one player we don't like.

*He is quite cocky.

*He blames everyone else for his mistakes.

*The backing off thing was blown out of proportion some time back.

Why all the hate towards Simpson? He's been pretty solid for us all year, nothing spectacular but certainly not poor!

I don't hate him. In fact I'd actually quite like him to stay, however it's patently clear he's the weak link in our team and we should be either looking to replace him or buy a LB and move Santon to RB.

Why all the hate towards Simpson? He's been pretty solid for us all year, nothing spectacular but certainly not poor!

I dont hate him, i just think he's the weak link and we can do much better with european football on the horizon and if Chelsea want to pay us 5m or so ( believe me i can see them being stupid enough to do it) to weaken themselves further then i say...... be my guest :lol:

I don't hate him. In fact I'd actually quite like him to stay, however it's patently clear he's the weak link in our team and we should be either looking to replace him or buy a LB and move Santon to RB.

Depends what your expectation are. In the modern game a full-back needs to be able to do far more than Simpson's ever demonstrated.