Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest BooBoo

Current defenders for the start of the season: Enrique, Colo, S Taylor, R Taylor, Williamson, Kadar.

To be fair we have a couple of good quality defenders but a few injuries and we'll be up the creek quicker than you can say Derby County.

He's balls anyway.

Best RB at the club though.

If you exclude Saylor.

The CB, yes.

In my opinion he's a better right-back than he is a central defender. :undecided:

how many games for us has he played at RB?

He's balls anyway.

If you exclude Saylor.

The CB, yes.

In my opinion he's a better right-back than he is a central defender. :undecided:

No idea. 15-20?

I don't massively rate Simpson, but I think he could turn out to be better with time.

As people have said, his main weakness is letting players come inside and shoot, and also a bit dodgy knowing when to stand off and when to tackle. Those could be addressed by coaches.

All RBs are shit anyway, it's a well known fact.

He's balls anyway.

If you exclude Saylor.

The CB, yes.

No idea. 15-20?

That many? I know he had a few when he first came in to the squad, but since his first season here I'd say less than 5, and that for me means he's not a RB while peoples opinion of him playing RB are based on an emerging player with no fear, no pressure and no expectation. He's now in a team which couldn't afford to carry a player out of position, never mind what relegating him to a position he doesn't like in the last year of his contract would do to his position at the club. (though i understand that's not really being debated)

I don't massively rate Simpson, but I think he could turn out to be better with time.

As people have said, his main weakness is letting players come inside and shoot, and also a bit dodgy knowing when to stand off and when to tackle. Those could be addressed by coaches.

All RBs are shit anyway, it's a well known fact.

It should be addressed by Hughton all things considering.

Guest firetotheworks

I saw this thread and thought I'd just jump in without reading anything, just to make the point I make all the time, for no reason in particular: Danny Simpson is fucking shite.

He contantly let players come in on their stronger side because of an injury? Yeah, i'm sure.

Probably? I don't know. Never played through an injury myself.  :lol:

But I could imagine that if you aren't able to run free of pain you can't be at your best.

Guest firetotheworks

He contantly let players come in on their stronger side because of an injury? Yeah, i'm sure.

But I could imagine that if you aren't able to run free of pain you can't be at your best.

It's a bit of a persistent, and perhaps petty point to make, but if injury is an excuse for him being shite, then he must have been injured for his whole time here.

It's a bit of a persistent, and perhaps petty point to make, but if injury is an excuse for him being shite, then he must have been injured for his whole time here.

If I remember correctly, many on here started to say that he does well as right back and that he could develop into a decent RB at the start of the season.

At the end of the season he was pretty much the worst player (well, probably behind Butt) in the eyes of many here.

Don't know how long he was carrying that injury tbh. But I try to keep some hope alive that he will make a good defender because I don't really think that we will sign somebody who's better.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a bit of a persistent, and perhaps petty point to make, but if injury is an excuse for him being s****, then he must have been injured for his whole time here.

If I remember correctly, many on here started to say that he does well as right back and that he could develop into a decent RB at the start of the season.

At the end of the season he was pretty much the worst player (well, probably behind Butt) in the eyes of many here.

Don't know how long he was carrying that injury tbh. But I try to keep some hope alive that he will make a good defender because I don't really think that we will sign somebody who's better.

You're probably right, but replacing him and getting a striker is priority imo. I don't think CH sees it the same way though.