Bird: My decade following the Toon

Guest PJ87

The first 4 years of the decade were simply fantastic under Robson, not quite the entertainers but still magical. The following 6 years were a downward spiral of misery, false dawns and mismanagement with the odd good time inbetween eventually cluminating in our relegation. We've had it good this decade, we've had it bad and tbh, I can see the next decade being just as much of a ride, after all, this is Newcastle United we're talking about!

Bobbys Euro trips, the Soumess era, the insipid Roeder year, the I'll fated Big Sam experiment, KKs hiring and walk out (the subsequent sycophantic buggery of him on here being the forums darkest days), Kinnear madness, Shearer cameo and Hughton revival.

http://www.pleasingwebs.com/Portals/PleasingWebs/blog/decline-chart.jpg

Interesting that - who did Robert pin to the wall after what headline ?

"Sychopantic buggery of Keegan" ? ? ? Someone's mind is reaching out from VERY dark areas !

There were pro and anti Keegan doing a second stint. I got the impression there was more anti- than pro, personally - but all desperately wanted it to work.

The great man wrote a year before he died in August: "Players and staff have come and gone. Fortunes have fluctuated. The one constant in the Newcastle firmament has been the hordes kitted out in black and white. What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

"Not the TV contracts, the get out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It is the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It is a small boy clambering up the stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his fathers hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf and without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Just had a lump in my throat reading that.

Bobby  :clap:

Getting a near 50,000 crowd for a Championship game that was being shown anyway on terrestial TV was quite amazing, and it didn't get the recognition that it deserved.

However, with that support, the question of why we've not won anything in 40 years becomes all the more pertinent.

Interesting that - who did Robert pin to the wall after what headline ?

Alan Oliver

Yeah, Robert was furious that Oliver used to criticise his work rate and never give him any credit every week.

Bobbys Euro trips, the Soumess era, the insipid Roeder year, the I'll fated Big Sam experiment, KKs hiring and walk out (the subsequent sycophantic buggery of him on here being the forums darkest days), Kinnear madness, Shearer cameo and Hughton revival.

A mad ten years to say the least.

you were  proven wrong about keegan, yet still peddle your shit,..merry christmas.

A mad ten years to say the least.

you were  proven wrong about keegan, yet still peddle your shit,..merry christmas.

:lol: