Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Newcastle United - 26/12/09 - post match from page 11

Nate

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper-6- Couple of good saves, aye was complacent for the second but saved us from probably losing the game with that reaction save at 2-2

Simpson-5- Okayish, but was sloppy at times

Taylor-6-Decent enough

Coloccini-6-Good defensive display but is still a bit of a liability

Enrique-4.5- Pretty poor performance, gave the ball away a lot and was a liability like Colo at times

Guthrie-6- Tried his best to be creative but stuck wide right and then wide left

Nolan-5.5- Got us a goal but that's about it

Butt-5- Won the ball a lot but usually just lost it again or tried more fifty/sixty yard balls which he would just lose to the opposition

Jonas-5- Didn't really do much

Ameobi-6- Got a goal and held up the ball decently

Harewood-5.5- A few okay touches but that was it

Subs-

Pancrate-4-Awful.

Carroll-6- If we are going to continue our long ball tactics he's the man for the job

Lovenkrands-5- No time.

Butt was truely shocking. Whenever he plays we resort to more long balls because the centre of midfield goes missing. We got relegated because of our shite CM last season, how people in the media and Hughton can't see this annoys me. He's a terrible footballer living on past reputation.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think a problem that is emerging is that the team as a whole has become complacent. Pre match we looked relaxed, too laid back, we came out and just thought we could relax and win the game. We totally didn't expect Sheffield Wednesday's approach to the game. We got a bit of a shock when they scored but the same stuff continued in the second half. Steve Harper again completely ignored the oncoming threat of the striker and although it may have been a slight obstruction I don't think he has much to complain about. In all honesty we're pretty lucky to leave with a point- That save from Harper was a solid reaction save and if we went 3-2 down, with our long ball tactics and constant losing of the ball- We would not have come back.

In my opinion.

Poor performance from us, but am happy with the point. Keeps on happening that we don't have enough in the middle of the park to take control of a game and see it off, at present. Thought Wednesday deserved their point and if their lads can lift their game like that every week, they should be OK. As for us - need to improve for Derby at home on Monday. Kind of got the impression that some players (Jonas especially) were holding something back, with one eye on the next game.

I knew Nicky Butt would get man of the match!! I just dont get it!! The commentators licking his ass. Hes crap absolute crap!!! He is the main reason we went down I am sure of it.  MOTM!!! Just another excuse for Christ to play him again!! When Smith gets back he should be dropped fully Ill be very upset if Guthrie has to make way for him.

Guest firetotheworks

whoever thinks that was a foul against harper need their eyes checking

I did, the optician says I have 20:20 vision. Their player locked arms with Harper: Foul.

Anyone else find this strangely sexy?

Yes. Only a little bit though, had to look at that picture of Yorkie exposing himself to young kids to egt me fully going.

We didn't lose on Boxing Day  :celb: although it kinda feels like one.....if they bothered to get out of 1st gear then we could have battered these. apparantly harewood was shocking, although i thought he was alright - didn't realise how strong he is! butt needs to take a permanent holiday, guthrie is still mint and harper's save was class.

definite foul for their goal but shola was offside, so fair enough. wish colo and enrique would stop showboating ALL the time....one day that'll get us in trouble.