Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

If we could get our money back we'd be mental not to do so, even a couple of mill less would just make too much sense considering the wages he's on.

He'd certainly need replacing though, and i doubt Ashley has the mental capacity to see that through to a satisfactory conclusion.

A replament for Coloccini would cost £8m plus.

No it wouldn't. In his best game so far he played like a £3m defender.

David Rozenhal is a £3m defender man.

Guest neesy111

If we could get our money back we'd be mental not to do so, even a couple of mill less would just make too much sense considering the wages he's on.

He'd certainly need replacing though, and i doubt Ashley has the mental capacity to see that through to a satisfactory conclusion.

he looked better in the premiership than coloccini though

In England he's (rozy) not even a £1m defender.

Colo might be a £10m defender somewhere in Spain surrounded by class players, but here he's not worth a third for what we paid for him.

Unless he plays like he did against Boro every game till the end of the season we could easily get a defender as good as him in this league for less than £3m

Surrounded by class players, at Deportivo? :lol:

He was their main man by a mile and not one Deportivo fan would tell you any different.

The Boro game is hardly an isolated occurance, he's been brilliant pretty much all season, as you'd expect.

Best defender in the division. Would cost us more if we sold him and didn't go up...

I have been more impressed with Taylor in the games I have seen, Coloccini has been very good but somehow Taylor has looked less erratic and quietly got on with his job, very steady.

:lol:

Up till Feb/March there was badly a bad word spoken about Coloccini on this forum.

Colo seems invisible

Colo sounds like the best midfielder so far, as City run, skip and pass all round our terrified lads

Hes been the worst

Colo looks complete SHIOT

COME ON BARTON TAKE HOLD LAD

COLO FCK OFF

Can we sell colocinni

Guest neesy111

He was their main man by a mile and not one Deportivo fan would tell you any different.

The Boro game is hardly an isolated occurance, he's been brilliant pretty much all season, as you'd expect.

why the fuck will he be any different if we go back up, than last season when he was a complete liability, because this division is piss and i'd expect most premiership defender's not matter how bad to look good in this division

Xisco - too soon to tell, but doesn't look anything special so far.

Nacho - too soon to tell, but doesn't look anything special so far.

Guthrie - too soon to tell, but doesn't look anything special so far.

Coloccini - too soon to tell, but doesn't look anything special so far.

:smug:

why the fuck will he be any different if we go back up, than last season when he was a complete liability, because this division is piss and i'd expect most premiership defender's not matter how bad to look good in this division

Bit more settled in, confidence has gone up?

Apparently took him a year to get settled at Deportivo, he was shocking in his first year then went on to be their most important player.

Not getting my hopes up but I will be happy to give him another crack in the Premiership if we go up.

:lol:

Up till Feb/March there was badly a bad word spoken about Coloccini on this forum.

Whilst I agree he wasn't always shite, the knives came out for him afer the Stoke game at St. James, and it didn't help that when West Ham beat us 3-1 Shearer ripped it out of him on MOTD.

Guest neesy111

Bit more settled in, confidence has gone up?

Apparently took him a year to get settled at Deportivo, he was shocking in his first year then went on to be their most important player.

Not getting my hopes up but I will be happy to give him another crack in the Premiership if we go up.

i just have this feeling he'll be just as bad as last time, + the guy is the highest paid player at the club if he was to go, he could free up vital wages into getting a couple of replacement's in

i'm not convinced by anyone in the team, because this league is totally gash

Best defender in the division. Would cost us more if we sold him and didn't go up...

I have been more impressed with Taylor in the games I have seen, Coloccini has been very good but somehow Taylor has looked less erratic and quietly got on with his job, very steady.

:lol: Very funny Jon

Colo has been a cut above anything else in the division this season, of course this isn't anywhere near the level of the Premiership but we can only beat what is put in front of us each week. Its no surprise that when Colocinni was out we looked most vulnerable and the defence struggled in a couple of games.

I think you're right that Taylor has also looked a lot better this season, but in part that's down to the good play of Colocinni, playing regularly with the same CB & GK partnership (Colo & Harper), and Smith just sitting in front of the CBs breaking up the play.

Colo's distribution has generally been pretty good this season, Taylor has (again) improved on last season but a couple of times he's tried to run the ball out and gone nowhere, instead of just finding one of his midfielders or full backs.

When I say 'bad word' I should have specified a sensible critique. Baring in mind that Bassong was called s**** on his 3rd apperance.

Remember a few of us could see he struggled more than Danny Simpson going forward when he was playing at LB & wanted to see him at CB.

I just think Taylor has gotten on with it and done it simple where Colo has got caught or nearly played his way into trouble a few times when he has had easier options.

I do think he has been very good indeed, just Taylor has done it simpler.

I can only comment on the games I have seen though, Taylor might have been Cruyff turning their striker, playing keepy uppy in the 6 yard box and scorpion kicking it off the line in the games I have't seen.