Newcastle United 0 - 0 Derby County - 28/12/09 - post match reaction from p12

Dave

0-0, good game, and what chances we got were wasted (and as usual some prefered to fool themselves on certain players)

Lets face it though Derby deserved their point.

What is wrong with your brain

Nothing whatsoever wrong with mine, but your faith in Nile Ranger shows just what yours is like.

Dreadful result against a dreadful side. To not start shola and guthrie was asking for what we've ended up with.

Shola was dog s*** when he came on though. All those Ronaldinho like flicks that either went to no-one or bounced back off his other leg.

Carroll is worse.

What really annoyed me was at the end of the game when we're desperate for a goal and he's just holding the ball up by the touch line when we've got players forward as if we're trying to run down the clock. WTF was he doing?

I'm not saying Ameobi isn't shit, just that Carroll is shittier.

Guest Heneage

buy addison in the window

Because he can head a ball?

yes

Why not get Dale from Spartans he can head a ball too you know.

The problem with us or Hughton is the poor midfield. If teams like Derby did, just put men behind the ball and stay very compact lumping the ball in will accomplish absolutely nothing, players like Guthrie, need to be on, a player who takes better corners than Taylor and has the ability on occassion to pick  a pass out. Right now we need to be looking to get a midfielder in that actually has some sense of creativity, someone who can play a forward pass that opens space up, because it's upto Jonas to do it all himself and teams are seeing that and stopping him.

Mind you we were utter shite. Lumping it up, Taylor missing a chance he should have buried and letting Miles Addison have 90 minutes of heading practice.

The defence were fine bar Taylors miss.

Midfield bar an occassion Jonas were just nothing special too many piano carriers not enough piano players.

0-0, good game, and what chances we got were wasted (and as usual some prefered to fool themselves on certain players)

Nothing whatsoever wrong with mine, but your faith in Nile Ranger shows just what yours is like.

Incapable of commenting in defence of young Nile ?

No bloody wonder.

Barn doors and three paces spring to mind, don't they ?

They came for a draw and we didn't have the nous to break them down.

Silly substitutions...............Pancrate is dogshit, Simpson is woeful in the oppositions half therefore Houghton rendered our right side fucking useless.

Forget about January being about keeping the squad together - we need fresh faces if we're to up automatically.

Also, all this 'Houghton having a great record since being made permanent' shite is just that, shite. He's been the Manager all season whether permanent or not and he needs to sort things out otherwise he'll be under pressure by February cos the fans don't have a huge amount of respect for him anyway.

f***ing s***. cant be arsed doing ratings. apalling that guthrie didn't play, carroll can f*** off as well he's s****. drowd were shocking as well fwiw.

Did Carroll glass you or something?  Him and Lovenkrands were working well together, if we'd stuck with them we probably would have scored.

Phil, what the hell are you on about with Ranger? What else could he have done with that chance? It was an unbelievable save.

agreed. it was also hit from the tightest possible angle. just unfortunate that the keeper makes a flukey/good save.

f***ing s***. cant be arsed doing ratings. apalling that guthrie didn't play, carroll can f*** off as well he's s****. drowd were shocking as well fwiw.

Did Carroll glass you or something?  Him and Lovenkrands were working well together, if we'd stuck with them we probably would have scored.

Carroll did absolutely nowt in the first half bar win a few headers.

He created the best chance of the match.

Phil, what the hell are you on about with Ranger? What else could he have done with that chance? It was an unbelievable save.

I think we moved on from there, Dave.

Now we're trying to recall times Nile actually hit the target all season.

Do we need two hands do you think ?

Remind me of the sh*t Shola has had to put up with - actually scoring - from people like yourself and others ?

And for doing an awful lot more ?

I'd love to say differently. Believe me.

where is our hustle?  where do we get off thinking we can stroll to 3 pts against poorer sides?    this lack of heart & motivation is infuriating!!! :rant: :angry: :banghead: :suicide:

+1  :thdn:

Exactly what happened in the Sheff Wed game, I thought some of the players were just going through the motions. We should be comfortably beating the likes of Sheff Wed and Derby.

I think we moved on from there, Dave.

Now we're trying to recall times Nile actually hit the target all season.

Do we need two hands do you think ?

Remind me of the sh*t Shola has had to put up with - actually scoring - from people like yourself and others ?

And for doing an awful lot more ?

I'd love to say differently. Believe me.

Care to answer the questions?

we should be thrashing teams like sheff wed or derby, not dropping points against them.

we have to be approaching matches like chelsea do in the premiership i.e. with an eye on winning the title. fortunately we've built up a buffer between us and third but if we keep playing like this it will have disappeared in a month or so. we have to start being ruthless and turning sides over.

That would be Ranger's chance.

Guest Heneage

Simpson has shown himself up in recent games too. The difference in quality between our left and right flanks is appalling.

This.

He started so well, but now, he can't seem to pass, he doesn't get forward, and operates no further than the half way line.

Incapable of commenting in defence of young Nile ?

No bloody wonder.

Barn doors and three paces spring to mind, don't they ?

What springs to mind is moron tbh

He did fine with the chance, it was a great save.

The problem though regardless is that near the entire side missed chances throughout the entire game & you've chosen to comment on an 18 year olds 1 touch of the ball in the last 5 minutes.

Then you try to form an argument about bias towards a player. It couldnt be more laughable.

this is embarassing. we're actually throwing it away....again! yet again the players didn't even get out of first gear, or look like they want to. why the hell are they doing this?? i'm starting to get a little bit worried now and lets hope we can buy well in january.

Did Carroll glass you or something? Him and Lovenkrands were working well together, if we'd stuck with them we probably would have scored.

That would be Ranger's chance.

Get out. :lol:

Taylor had a free header three yards out, centre of goal.

f***s sake it was one of those nights,to read some of the people on here you would think we have just f***ing slipped into the bottom 3 and had Cunningham and Goddard up front.  :kasper:

God, thats harking back a bit.

And I'd like to remind you Goddard was an absolute collossus for us.