Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

I reckon it'll be Palnese like.

:snod:

Hello Palnese. How are you today?

I'm fine thank you. And you?

I'm good.

x

Good for you.

Guest Roger Kint

Love to see us buy him and send Vucinic and Ranger to them on season long loans for next year, Wage clauses depending on percentile of games played ect,

Bloody cockneys renaming every fucking thing round here :shifty:

Like said in the other thread, can't believe they want more for him than it will cost Liverpool to buy Maxi Rodriguez.

At the end of the day, he is a decent third division striker who has scored one important goal with 6 months left on his contract. If they don't take £1.5m, they deserve to be shot.

Guest Roger Kint

Like said in the other thread, can't believe they want more for him than it will cost Liverpool to buy Maxi Rodriguez.

At the end of the day, he is a decent third division striker who has scored one important goal with 6 months left on his contract. If they don't take £1.5m, they deserve to be shot.

As already said in reply Madrid are skint and getting £85k a week off their books is worth it. Leeds do not need to sell as much

As already said in reply Madrid are skint and getting £85k a week off their books is worth it. Leeds do not need to sell as much

If they don't sell then they're effectively paying out £1.5m plus Beckfords wages to have the player for 6 months.  That's just not viable for a League One club.

Guest Roger Kint

If they don't sell then they're effectively paying out £1.5m plus Beckfords wages to have the player for 6 months.  That's just not viable for a League One club.

They beleive its worth it in order to get promoted, thats their decison to make as they have full knowledge of their financial standing

Love to see us buy him and send Vucinic and Ranger to them on season long loans for next year, Wage clauses depending on percentile of games played ect,

wouldn`t make much sense, buying him from Roma (not to mention attracting him here) and then loaning him out to a Championship/League 1 team

Guest Roger Kint

£1.5m is worth it to get promoted, but £2m isn't?

IMO they're bluffing it to try to get as much money as possible.

My sole comment was 'Leeds do not need to sell as much' whatever their reasoning(again) is their business not mine ;D

My sole comment was 'Leeds do not need to sell as much' whatever their reasoning(again) is their business not mine ;D

Yeah and my opinion is they absolutely do need to sell but they're bluffing that they don't in order to get more money :)

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah and my opinion is they absolutely do need to sell but they're bluffing that they don't in order to get more money :)

But as my point clearly stated not 'as much' as Madrid :coolsmiley:

Guest Roger Kint

Well there's very little point in arguing which club needs something most when talking about two different situations like so whatever :D

You do realise that i posted it in response to Jonny, you jumped in mate, it was relevent when i said it ;D

I meant there's very little point in me arguing about it.  Since not only is it pretty much impossible to know which club needs to move the player on more but its also of little to no importance if you accept that they both need to sell.

I can see them turning it down, just for the main reason of us being Newcastle United. Then Becks going to someone like Spurs on a free.  :sadnod:

You just know someone else will come in after our interest & he'll end up doing brilliantly Arshavin style.

I can see them turning it down, just for the main reason of us being Newcastle United. Then Becks going to someone like Spurs on a free.  :sadnod:

You just know someone else will come in after our interest & he'll end up doing brilliantly Arshavin style.

:sadnod:

The last line or two in the article may be the telling thing. They probably honestly believe that more offers will come in for him from other clubs. I'm not too sure there will be that many clubs this transfer window with the money to buy.

For all his impressive stats, the thing that has to be taking into consideration with Beckford is he's never played at a higher level than league 1, he's already 26 so not exactly a youngster and of course only has 6 months left on his contract.

They could be trying to bluff us into paying above the odds here, but they could also be thinking that if they hung on to him and they will in all likelihood get promotion back to the Championship, then Beckford will resign with them. They'll know him better than us of course, the big question will be does he want to be playing in the PL next season or is he prepared to wait a year in the Championship to get there. I can see Leeds doing back to back promotions tbh. I also think Beckford himself will be happy to wait until the summer, his profile is high enough for a lower tier PL club to take a chance on him for a free transfer.

The more I think about this transfer the more I can't see it coming off, the only party that has real desire to make it happen is Newcastle, I'm afraid that won't be enough. So with the Kilgallon deal dead and this one unlikely it's back to square one, we've been down this road before :(

I hope you haven't just compared Beckford to Arshavin.