Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Guest neesy111

It's Official Now, Change the Title

Portsmouth have become the first Premier League club to enter administration.

The debt-laden club will also be docked nine points as a result which means relegation is almost certain.

With debts of about £60m, they were due to face a winding-up order on 1 March but opted to go into administration unless a buyer for the club was found.

It was reported that four parties were considering a takeover but Thursday's deadline passed without a conclusion.

Portsmouth may just be the tip of the iceberg in the UK. I think what Platini is considering is somewhat like after the horse has bolted.

This should have been done years ago with salary caps, reduced transfer fees and home based players brought in. I think it is too late to save many clubs now and you only have to look at the likes of Cardiff, Hull, Wigan and others who may follow Portsmouth into anonymity.

Portsmouth may just be the tip of the iceberg in the UK. I think what Platini is considering is somewhat like after the horse has bolted.

This should have been done years ago with salary caps, reduced transfer fees and home based players brought in. I think it is too late to save many clubs now and you only have to look at the likes of Cardiff, Hull, Wigan and others who may follow Portsmouth into anonymity.

Salary Caps = illegal, easily circumvented and ridiculous if not universal

Reduced transfer fees = contravening basic laws of capitalism ie supply and demand, willing buyer and reluctant seller

Home-based players = illegal, counterproductive

How about chairman be forced to undergo a basic economics class? Hell, even a sixth-grade maths test would stump some of these idiots...

It was impossible for anyone to do because they were instantly shouted down. Almost any suggestion by UEFA/FIFA that something needed to be done had strips torn off it by the "everyone running the game is anti-English" brigade. It still happens now to some extent.

The plan to force clubs to break even is a start, but it's not the solution.

Even though the lack of signing quality players and selling some of our decent players and poor management choices by Ashley contributed in us getting relegated I just hope the bloke is now putting the club in a position where it is running at a profit (however small it maybe) and paying off our debts realistically, and being able to hopefully compete in the Premiership.

Even though the lack of signing quality players and selling some of our decent players and poor management choices by Ashley contributed in us getting relegated I just hope the bloke is now putting the club in a position where it is running at a profit (however small it maybe) and paying off our debts realistically, and being able to hopefully compete in the Premiership.

personally speaking i think we had the players to stop up. bringing in kinnear was what done it in.

personally speaking i think we had the players to stop up. bringing in kinnear was what done it in.

I agree with you, we were good enough to stay up, and arguably were good enough to stay up, but you could say luck went against us, the disallowed goal agianst Fulham, the own goal against Villa, and the saves by James against Portsmouth all come to mind.

But what needs to be addressed now is us being on a sound financial footing, with the abitliy to compete in the Premier League if we get promote, and if we don't he ability to be able to get promoted.

I agree with you, we were good enough to stay up, and arguably were good enough to stay up, but you could say luck went against us, the disallowed goal agianst Fulham, the own goal against Villa, and the saves by James against Portsmouth all come to mind.

added to the feeled 10 penalties which went against us... all conceded by Nicky Butt. All those red cards we've been given which weren't always red cards...