Another one - Our most overrated player of the last decade......

Liam Liam Liam O

That's him not being your friend any more. :no:

:lol:

Do you seriously think he's the most overrated player of the last decade?

By our fans, almost definately.

I think that's just ridiculous tbh. :no:  Not only for the fact he was actually a very good player, but a large amount of fans did (rightfully) get on his back come the end of it. Wouldn't say he was overrated nearly as much as a lot of others.

Harper's another one i've just thought of, btw.

Scott Parker.

s***.

No one rated him by the time he buggered off.

I did, tbh, but I think it was just me. Well, I didn't rate him, I just didn't hate him like most.

I did rate him. Maybe he wasn't as good in his second season as he was in his first but he always fought hard and gave his best which we can't say about many of our current squad tbh.

Scott Parker.

s***.

I did, tbh, but I think it was just me. Well, I didn't rate him, I just didn't hate him like most.

I did rate him. Maybe he wasn't as good in his second season as he was in his first but he always fought hard and gave his best which we can't say about many of our current squad tbh.

Please back this up.

He was better than Duff and his statistics back that up, he had a better goals per game ratio and he had a better assist rate per game ratio.  That's hardly overrating him, they both played a few games out of position so it's not as if one set of stat's would be more suited to one or the other.

That's him not being your friend any more. :no:

:lol:

Do you seriously think he's the most overrated player of the last decade?

I think that's just ridiculous tbh. :no:  Not only for the fact he was actually a very good player, but a large amount of fans did (rightfully) get on his back come the end of it. Wouldn't say he was overrated nearly as much as a lot of others.

Harper's another one i've just thought of, btw.

I'd say by the end people were rightly sick of his attitude as they realised he was nowhere near as good as they thought he was.

He was better than Duff and his statistics back that up, he had a better goals per game ratio and he had a better assist rate per game ratio.  That's hardly overrating him, they both played a few games out of position so it's not as if one set of stat's would be more suited to one or the other.

I'm not saying he wasn't better than Duff though.  I'm saying he was more overrated.

No one thinks Duff was any good, so he would be at the bottom of the overrated list.  :lol:

I'm not saying he wasn't better than Duff though.  I'm saying he was more overrated.

No one thinks Duff was any good, so he would be at the bottom of the overrated list.  :lol:

But that's all most people thought, that he was a better option than Duff.

Scott Parker.

s***.

Please back this up.

Do you really think that everyone of our squad gave 100% last season? How have we gone down then?

Scott Parker.

s***.

Please back this up.

Do you really think that everyone of our squad gave 100% last season? How have we gone down then?

Well you said our current squad. Last season, yeah, the majority were a bunch of wasters who didn't give their all.

I've heard him called the best player at the club, look http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,48829.msg1152341.html#msg1152341 :lol:

I'm not saying he wasn't better than Duff though. I'm saying he was more overrated.

No one thinks Duff was any good, so he would be at the bottom of the overrated list. :lol:

I've heard him called the best player at the club, look http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,48829.msg1152341.html#msg1152341 :lol:

January 08. In terms of better footballers at the club at that point, there really wasn't many. Viduka maybe. Owen was on the slide. Martins was good but in terms of footballing ability, N'Zogbia wasn't far off. Aye i'd say NE5 was pushing the boat out a bit with that one, but it's not a totally ridiculous comment. He would have been a cracking player if he'd actually continued from where he left off in 05/06, but he was restricted.

January 08. In terms of better footballers at the club at that point, there really wasn't many. Viduka maybe. Owen was on the slide. Martins was good but in terms of footballing ability, N'Zogbia wasn't far off. Aye i'd say NE5 was pushing the boat out a bit with that one, but it's not a totally ridiculous comment. He would have been a cracking player if he'd actually continued from where he left off in 05/06, but he was restricted.

I was taking the NE5/Mick.

Going to be slated for this, but Gary Speed for me. Was a good player, but quite often slowed us down by not feeding the wingers quick enough, and wasn't the ball winning midfielder we needed at that time. As for missing him when he left, I'd put that more down to replacing him with the wrong player, and Bolton's route one style of football suiting him as he didn't have to do as much work in their midfield.

I'd agree he was over-rated, and that there came a point when he held back the development of the team. But the most over-rated? The competition is pretty fierce for that title.

Guest Kenton Magpie

There was always a number of titus arselickers who came out the woodwork and sang his praises after those games when he did alright! Some of those people I know today still cannot deny the fact he is shite post Newcastle!