Newcastle United 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle - 13/01/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Forgot to say there was a good effort from the young'uns in the Gallowgate Corner tonight, with plenty of singing and joviality. :thup: Also a couple of older looking lads chucked out, with one having to be 'helped' be 3/4 officers. :D Also some mad youngsters who stood for most of the first half with their tops off. They'll learn the hard way!

15,850 ish apparently.

Where's that lad who spent 15 minutes arguing with me yesterday about Carroll having better control than Lovenkrands, another embarrassing day of me being proved completely wrong eh.

You also said Carroll-Lovenkrands wouldn't work didn't you?  Seemed alright tonight.

They didn't function as a pair at all, just like the Derby game.

Lovenkrands got great service and took his chances very well, simple as that.

15,850 ish apparently.

Where's that lad who spent 15 minutes arguing with me yesterday about Carroll having better control than Lovenkrands, another embarrassing day of me being proved completely wrong eh.

You also said Carroll-Lovenkrands wouldn't work didn't you?  Seemed alright tonight.

Hughton needs to settle on a front two IMO and allow them to develop a partnership rather than be changing it every week.

15,850 ish apparently.

Against most teams at this level only two of his three goals would have gone in.

Harewood and Ameobi never functioned well as a pair but you wanted them up front just because they were scoring, what's the difference?

Because they were BOTH scoring. :lol:

Play your best team not your best players.  If Lovenkrands is scoring hatricks with Carroll as his partner I couldn't care less if Carroll doesn't score, he does his job well which helps Lovenkrands.  Ameobi isn't as unselfish.

Shola and Loven would easily be my pick, from the 4 we have.

Who would miss out if Harewood came back?  Genuine question.

If Harewood comes back or Beckford signs, it's Lovenkrands who makes way. Good championship striker, but tonight isn't typical of him.

Harewood and Ameobi never functioned well as a pair but you wanted them up front just because they were scoring, what's the difference?

Play your best team not your best players.  If Lovenkrands is scoring hatricks with Carroll as his partner I couldn't care less if Carroll doesn't score, he does his job well which helps Lovenkrands.  Ameobi isn't as unselfish.

How does he help Lovenkrands? He's a hinderance to team.

Play your best team not your best players. If Lovenkrands is scoring hatricks with Carroll as his partner I couldn't care less if Carroll doesn't score, he does his job well which helps Lovenkrands. Ameobi isn't as unselfish.

As is Shola in a supporting role.

I think he really benefitted from having Carroll to take the knocks & be the target man for him to play off earlier in the season.

He's a target man who did the donkey work for Lovenkrands.  I can't remember many times when Lovenkrands had to hold the ball up in front of the defence.  It obviously takes the pressure of him and allows Lovenkrands to play more.

Obviously it would've been 6-0 with Ameobi playing as he would've finished Carroll's chances.

How come my ticket cost 20 quid while everyone was getting in for 15 quid? Whats the craic with that?

Should have been 10 quid for adults and 3-5 for kids. The club will never learn.

They don't need to learn if people paid £20 for something which you thought was worth £10.

How come my ticket cost 20 quid while everyone was getting in for 15 quid? Whats the craic with that?

Should have been 10 quid for adults and 3-5 for kids. The club will never learn.

Microsoft had a word.

If Harewood comes back or Beckford signs, it's Lovenkrands who makes way. Good championship striker, but tonight isn't typical of him.

Loven is prem quality and you know it. Hattricks arent typical of anyone, hes done well near every single game hes played upfront this season.

If you think he's a hindrence to the team then you haven't seen many matches this season.  I'll be the first to admit that he should be gettting more goals and he can improve certain parts of his game but he's a young lad who does a cracking job at both ends of the pitch,  numerous times each game he gets great clearing headers when back defending at set pieces and while not scoring his presence causes problems and he gets valuable asssits, such as the two at Barnsley,  i'd hardly call him a hindrence when we were away at Sheff Utd when he was battling away with Morgan.

You now and again make some good points but you don't half come out with some crap! ;-)