The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Chris P

There's clever diplomacy and outright laughable garbage though.

i never listen. it's all either dressed s**** or naked s****. the only time managers are honest is if they think it will help their team by slagging them off in public.

hear hear

Hughton's the worst manager in the championship. I used to like him as a person but i don't anymore, he's that bad.

How shallow that you cannot separate the two.

I think he's a poor manager but he's never come across as anything but a decent bloke to me.

He's probably is a decent bloke, but I don't respect him anymore.

Guest Chris P

answer the question ronaldo, if hughtons the worst manager in the championship ,Why are we first?

We've had a mid-table premiership defence for most of the season, players too good for this league going forward like Enrique and Jonas, a genuine creative outlet in Danny Guthrie and Nolan, Shola and Harewood scoring goals. And of course because the league is absolutely terrible.

oh well then .lets all give up and walk away, if were that shit

Hughton's the worst manager in the championship. I used to like him as a person but i don't anymore, he's that bad.

How shallow that you cannot separate the two.

I think he's a poor manager but he's never come across as anything but a decent bloke to me.

He's probably is a decent bloke, but I don't respect him anymore.

He won the FA cup as a player , respect him as a person for that at least.

answer the question ronaldo, if hughtons the worst manager in the championship ,Why are we first?

We've had a mid-table premiership defence for most of the season, players too good for this league going forward like Enrique and Jonas, a genuine creative outlet in Danny Guthrie and Nolan, Shola and Harewood scoring goals. And of course because the league is absolutely terrible.

oh well then .lets all give up and walk away, if were that shit

What a fucking stupid post. :lol:

What's wrong with him as a person? Comes across as a modest, honest person who wants the best for the club and players. Doesn't delude or think highly of himself like his most obvious comparison (Roeder).

If you're modest, honest and not deluded you're basically not manager material.

Was in response to that confusing post by Chris.

I don't really respect many who call Nicky Butt a 'fabulous player' tbh. He's being quite dignified at times, but then again, why would we expect him not to be?

would you rather he said he's crap, so is smith and nolan is in because earlier in the season despite playing poorly he scored goals but we are top so i'm prepared to risk it.

you don't want the truth....you couldn't handle the truth.

As I said, there's diplomacy and there's outright nonsense. I'd don't trust Hughton one ounce to bollock the under-performers in the dressing room.

i often thought keegan and robson talked shite during those type of interviews.

i dont trust him to bollock some either.  i dont think keegan done much bollicking to be honest. he dropped butt which many said he wouldnt do, he is playing no faves up front as he fucks about trying to find a decent patnership. we'll probably see if he can be ruthless once barton is fit.

The one thing I don't get with this slagging off Hughton nonsense is: who the hell is going to manage us? It's not exactly a dream job, with an owner who will flog the club at the first opportunity, without much money to spend, and in a dire need of a new central midfield. Shearer was certainly no better, and there's no reason to believe he will be.

What's wrong with him as a person? Comes across as a modest, honest person who wants the best for the club and players. Doesn't delude or think highly of himself like his most obvious comparison (Roeder).

If you're modest, honest and not deluded you're basically not manager material.

oh i don't know roy hodgson comes across as modest and honest and doesn't seem notably deluded.

Hughton is deluded tbh.

so are most managers fat sam about his brand of football, fergie about refs being out to get him and man u, wenger about the ability and mental fortitude of his youngsters rafa on just about anything

Shame on you Ronaldo......  I wish you can describe things about him and make reasonable argument but u are a fluff. What was his choice in the summer when he was not able to sign any players but to sold all. Also have he done any bad signign this month? when was the last time we say at this football club the manger sign good players?

He called Nicky Butt a 'fabulous player' and said there was nothing wrong with the performance against Derby, the guy speaks utter nonsense and I wouldn't personally consider that honesty.

It's either lying, or delusion.  And neither are what we want.  I'm with Ronaldo.

He called Nicky Butt a 'fabulous player' and said there was nothing wrong with the performance against Derby, the guy speaks utter nonsense and I wouldn't personally consider that honesty.

well hes hardly going to come out and say butt was complete garbage, when the hell does any manager say that about one of his players

SBR was honest and modest as well -- perhaps a bit deluded from time to time, but he was old. Since then, we've had immodest managers (Sam Allardyce), dishonest managers (Joe Fucking Kinnear), deluded managers (Glenn Roeder), and all of them rolled into one (the Scottish twat), and they've all been a bit shit.

I don't think it matters all that much. You can be immodest and deluded only if it's inspirational; dishonest when speaking to the press.