The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P.S. I cannot believe the amount of s*** people come out with at times, he brought Butt on to stop us winning...f*** off man.

Choking a lot today, but comments like that (what you point out in your post, not your post) are f***ing retarded.

Agreed.

Newcastle Relegated from Premiership

"Chris hughton is spineless, and is by no means a manager"

Newcastle top of the league by 4 points with a game in hand

"We are only top of the league because we have a premiership squad. Any manager would have got us here. Chris Hughton has done averagely at this level and will be a failure at premiership level"

I don't get the above thinking. Hughton deserves all the very limited credit he gets, and although he may not be Mourinho or Ferguson, sacking him after winning promotion (hopefully as champions) is exactly the sort of decision that led to the managerial merry-go-round that was partly to blame for us being in this position in the first place. Give him time, and we will see.

If we go up it will be because of the quality of the squad, if we don't it will be Hughton's fault. That's the way it is unfortunately.

Shite. Hughton has brought people in, and he has also made a squad not a group of individuals.

P.S. I cannot believe the amount of shit people come out with at times, he brought Butt on to stop us winning...fuck off man.

Choking a lot today, but comments like that (what you point out in your post, not your post) are fucking retarded.

It doesn't take more then an ounce of sense to realise that people aren't being serious when they say something like that  :dowie:

If we go up it will be because of the quality of the squad, if we don't it will be Hughton's fault. That's the way it is unfortunately.

Shite. Hughton has brought people in, and he has also made a squad not a group of individuals.

I'm saying that's the way a lot of people will see it. I don't agree with it.

P.S. I cannot believe the amount of s*** people come out with at times, he brought Butt on to stop us winning...f*** off man.

Choking a lot today, but comments like that (what you point out in your post, not your post) are f***ing retarded.

It doesn't take more then an ounce of sense to realise that people aren't being serious when they say something like that  :dowie:

I know...but it's what others are pretty much getting at when they come out with other less obvious shite.

s****. Hughton has brought people in, and he has also made a squad not a group of individuals.

I'm saying that's the way a lot of people will see it. I don't agree with it.

Ah, fair play - sorry mate.

Guest firetotheworks

"Any manager would have got us here."

Southgate?

Boro were 1 point off the top when they sacked him.

"Any manager would have got us here."

Southgate?

Boro were 1 point off the top when they sacked him.

I find that quiet shocking. 

It can only aid to highlight the disparity between the EPL and CCC.

I know...but it's what others are pretty much getting at when they come out with other less obvious shite.

They're getting at the fact that Hughton's spineless.  Obviously he wants us to win every game, but he'll often go out for a draw, when teams put pressure on us (which is inevitable when the gameplan is to draw) he becomes a rabbit in the headlights.  He doesn't understand that sometimes the best form of defence is attack.  I'm not suggesting we go out all guns blazing in every situation, just that Hughton is far too negative.

I went over to watch the match today thinking that a draw would be a good result.  But that doesn't mean we should play as if the draw is all we've come for.  It doesn't mean we should bring on a burden like Nicky Butt and take off one of our best outlets up front, that only put more pressure on us.

I know...but it's what others are pretty much getting at when they come out with other less obvious s****.

They're getting at the fact that Hughton's a spineless f***er who doesn't have the guts to risk a loss while going for a win.  Obviously he wants us to win every game, but he'll often go out for a draw, when teams put pressure on us (which is inevitable when the gameplan is to draw) he becomes a rabbit in the headlights.  The man doesn't understand that sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Now I went over to watch the match today thinking that a draw would be a good result.  But that doesn't mean we should play as if the draw is all we've come for.  It doesn't mean we should bring on a burden like Nicky Butt and take off one of our best outlets up front, that only put more pressure on us.

So when we're 2-1 down and getting over-ran you'd prefer to keep getting over-ran and lose rather than bring on someone who can provide a benchmark for us to attack by simply helping us get a hold in the game?

Dare I say it but Away draws may be what takes us up this season automatically, so like it or not its working.

Some people just don't like Hughton and nothing will ever change that.

IMO it's got everything to do with the preconception that he's not a "proper" manager (and perhaps some sort of resentment/distrust towards him for appearing to be an Ashley apologist) and nothing to do with what happens on the pitch.

No matter what happens in the match, reality will be altered and interpreted to match what they perceive as be the truth.

I know...but it's what others are pretty much getting at when they come out with other less obvious s****.

They're getting at the fact that Hughton's a spineless f***er who doesn't have the guts to risk a loss while going for a win.  Obviously he wants us to win every game, but he'll often go out for a draw, when teams put pressure on us (which is inevitable when the gameplan is to draw) he becomes a rabbit in the headlights.  The man doesn't understand that sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Now I went over to watch the match today thinking that a draw would be a good result.  But that doesn't mean we should play as if the draw is all we've come for.  It doesn't mean we should bring on a burden like Nicky Butt and take off one of our best outlets up front, that only put more pressure on us.

So when we're 2-1 down and getting over-ran you'd prefer to keep getting over-ran and lose rather than bring on someone who can provide a benchmark for us to attack by simply helping us get a hold in the game?

Dare I say it but Away draws may be what takes us up this season automatically, so like it or not its working.

We weren't 2:1 down though.  It was 1:1 when Butt came on and we'd actually just started to turn it around and put some pressure on them, that disapeared once Butt came on (and Lovenkrands who was the only front man causing them problems came off)

Some people just don't like Hughton and nothing will ever change that.

IMO it's got everything to do with the preconception that he's not a "proper" manager (and perhaps some sort of resentment/distrust towards him for appearing to be an Ashley apologist) and nothing to do with what happens on the pitch.

No matter what happens in the match, reality will be altered and interpreted to match what they believe to be the truth.

I've never understood the apologist line because he just gets his head down and gets on with things, unlike Kinnear who was singing from the Llambias penned PR hymn sheet.

Bringing on Butt is what got us back into the game to be honest. We were losing out all over the midfield until he came on.

Don't agree, tbh. We only looked liked scoring when we went 2-1 down because they started dropping back.

We weren't 2:1 down though.  It was 1:1 when Butt came on and we'd actually just started to turn it around and put some pressure on them, that disapeared once Butt came on (and Lovenkrands who was the only front man causing them problems came off)

Okay.

Bringing on Butt is what got us back into the game to be honest. We were losing out all over the midfield until he came on.

Don't agree, tbh. We only looked liked scoring when we went 2-1 because they started dropping back.

I think bringing on a DM for a striker was the correct move at that time, it's just a shame that the DM we had available was Nicky Butt.

You know I'd like to see the stats for possession in the 5 minutes before Butt came on and the 5 minutes after.  While we were under pressure for most of the second half we'd had the better possession in the few minutes leading up to that substitution, just after he came on they had all the pressure and scored.  Inevitably they're then going to sit back more when they're 2:1 up.