The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Because Souness and Roeder weren't successful. Hughton at the moment is successful. If he's a good manager we'll know that time next year.

I think we'll know before this time next year if he's going to be worth sticking with or not.

Stability is a load of s*** if you have the wrong manager at the club.  Stability worked with Bobby because he was a very good manager, it wouldnt have done us any good if wed kept Souness and or Roeder any longer than we did.

not to sound rude but, ahhhhh man f*** off

How many games have you seen this season?

Keep Chris!

Lets face it the guy came in when we were at our lowest point and as far as i am aware he did not moan or bitch about the whole situation once! He puut his head down and got on with the job and in doing so he stabilised the club froim the players up.

He deserves his chance and, although there are improvements that need to be made such as suad selection and the introduction of exciting/attacking football, i reaally think that this guy can become great but not a messiah because we already have too many of those :D 

If there’s one person who’s benefited from the turmoil at the club since Ashley took over its Chris Hughton. It would have been a bit rich if he’d started moaning about it.

Yes he'll benefit even more when he's the lowest paid manager in the premier league. :rolleyes:

Still a lot better than being an assistant manager of no real repute, and better paid. If Wise hadn’t brought Hughton in just before the s*** started hitting the fan he’d probably never of had a shot at management, or if he did he’d have to have started right down the leagues and earned a shot at managing a club of NUFC’s stature.

He’s taken his opportunity well but trying to deny NUFC’s misfortune has been very good for Hughton’s career is wankfest thinking.

Hughton has done less well out of the Ashley turmoil than Wise, Keegan and Shearer - who have each sucked multiples of Hughton's salary out of the club in the last few years.

Aye, Keegan and Wise’s reputations have been vastly enhanced over the last two years.

Reputations =/= multiples of Hughton's salary so why are you talking about them for 2 of the 3 names I've mentioned?

Hughton has had very little chance to build his own side. In his first transfer window, it was about shipping players out, and in the second, his scope was limited but he definitely improved the side. Generally speaking, he's had to make do and mend with the leftovers from other managers' work.

There's a lack of pace about the side which I'm sure he'll try and address. Once he's had the chance to create his own team, then we can assess him.

But as for how he's coped with the task that fell in his lap, he can't be faulted.

Guest Chris P

Stability is a load of s*** if you have the wrong manager at the club.  Stability worked with Bobby because he was a very good manager, it wouldn’t have done us any good if we’d kept Souness and or Roeder any longer than we did.

not to sound rude but, ahhhhh man f*** off

How many games have you seen this season?

listen man, all on the telly . not all of us have the means to fly in every week

Guest malandro

I’m not convinced by Hughton but a new manager would bring new uncertainty. Shitting on the man who has led the team to promotion would be asking for trouble. We shat on Arthur Cox and it cost us dear. Be careful what you wish for.

Im not convinced by Hughton but a new manager would bring new uncertainty. Shitting on the man who has led the team to promotion would be asking for trouble. We shat on Arthur Cox and it cost us dear. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't want him to go, he deserves a chance to prove what he can do.  If it doesn't work out then we will have to let him go for the good of the club.  At this time I think he has a 50-50 chance of doing well.

Guest toonlass

I can't see how shitting on Hughton would work tbh. Would it not fly in the face of the teamspirit that we now have?

I can't see how shitting on Hughton would work tbh. Would it not fly in the face of the teamspirit that we now have?

It probably would fly in the face of our current team spirit but that team spirit will probably be long gone by the time Hughton leaves.

Guest Chris P

:thup:

Guest Chris P

It probably would fly in the face of our current team spirit but that team spirit will probably be long gone by the time Hughton leaves.

Now its my turn too say.

What?

Taking Nolan out of the team would probably do as much damage in that respect, still has to be done.

Guest toonlass

Taking Nolan out of the team would probably do as much damage in that respect, still has to be done.

yeah, cos 15 goals from a midfielder in a season is shite!

Guest Chris P

ronaldo. can you chill somtimes. Nolan scored an absolutley crakin goal yesterday.

http://www.treehugger.com/marvin-paranoid-android.jpg

"I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed". 

O0

yeah, cos 15 goals from a midfielder in a season is s****!

Which will mean precisely what in the premiership?

Guest Chris P

O0

:pow:

Guest Chris P

hear man your just a WUM

O0

I guess that proves you're right, well done.  :lol:

Surely at least we can all agree that sacking him out of the blue this summer would be absurd and that at least giving him a chance would be the best course of action for the club?

We're all entitled to our own opinions about how likely he is to succeed, none of which can be proved 100% at this point, but I think it's pretty clear that ditching him for a 'proper' manager at this point is a recepie for disaster

hear man your just a WUM

If Nolan plays regularly next season we will get relegated. Simple as that.