The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We may as well just not bother turning up, with the pessimistic twats in this thread. Lets give it a few games into the season at least, to see how our crapness ranks alongside the other crapness (and trust me there's a lot of it at the bottom of the PL) before we throw in the towel ? Just a thought.

:lol:

So it's OK for some to think we'll do well before a ball is kicked but not for those who think we might struggle?   :idiot2:

We may as well just not bother turning up, with the pessimistic twats in this thread. Lets give it a few games into the season at least, to see how our crapness ranks alongside the other crapness (and trust me there's a lot of it at the bottom of the PL) before we throw in the towel ? Just a thought.

"throw in the towel" ffs :lol: People are saying we'll struggle, not that we're shit and shouldn't bother trying.

:lol:

So it's OK for some to think we'll do well before a ball is kicked but not for those who think we might struggle?   :idiot2:

Or you could try stop being you usual moronic self, and realise that we need to wait to see how we stack up before we can say that we'll stay up or go down.

I'm really bored of the pessimists, we haven't even played a single game, and already people are saying we are down. I only hope that our players aren't as easily defeated.

Well said Kezzy. It is Pre-season. You gotta think: Xisco is going to score double figures for the 1st time in a top flight league. Teams are not used to playing a big lump like AC who also has a big swinging left boot. Colo is going to be better than last time round. Sol will lose the beef & prove to be the best black fat cb to come to the NE this season. Jose is going to show the rest of PL what we know. Barton is going to play most of the season. Routlege is finally going to show that potential in the top flight. Jonas is going to beat man & then cross or shoot rather than find another man to beat. Guthrie is going to get a Mr Motivator DVD & work out. Ryan Taylor is  going to score more free kicks than Beckham. Simpson is going to score at SOL & laugh at the Mackems. Harper has is going to preform on this big stage that he wanted more than X-Factor contestant. Williamson is going to show that he is better than his old Wanders team mate Roger Johnson. Nolan is going to play like he did at Bolton in his prime.  Gosling is going to be crying with laughter when bags some goals against the bitter blues. Best, Loven, Shola & Ranger will step up to the plate when asked to partner AC. Perch is going to show his 45 mins against Jonas was not a one off. Tayls is going to come back strong in Nov. Inman, Kadar &  Vučkić will improve as the season goes on. And Smithy will score  a goal....we can all dream little!!!!

Yay for the happy-clappers! :lol:

Everything's fine and we're going to be ok. Nothing bad could possibly happen and they all lived happily ever after.

This season is going to be horrific and we could well go down. How anyone can blindly think we're going to be safe based on our current squad is beyond me but there you go, it takes all sorts.

Or you could try stop being you usual moronic self, and realise that we need to wait to see how we stack up before we can say that we'll stay up or go down.

:lol:  Kettle and pop come to mind.

"throw in the towel" ffs :lol: People are saying we'll struggle, not that we're s*** and shouldn't bother trying.

LOL sure they are. One thing that kills a lot of teams is a defeatest attitude, football is played in the mind as much as on the grass. Constantly looking on the negative side of things for a newly promoted club is a sure fire way to go down. Sometimes you need wake up calls too, like we did in the season we went down. Some of the crap posted on here has been ridiculous, ok we are hardly likely to be challenging for Europe and more than likely we'll be in a fight for survival, but the likes of Wigan, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, The Mackems, Stoke, Brum  and of course Blackpool are hardly world beaters and we comfortably beat two of those teams last year. Lets just cool off and try to assess things after a few games.

This season is going to be horrific and we could well go down. How anyone can blindly think we're going to be safe based on our current squad is beyond me but there you go, it takes all sorts.

Exactly. A bit of optimism is nice but if we go into the season thinking 'we'll be absolutely fine', it'll hurt alot more if/when we come embroiled in a relegation battle and many will get on the team's back alot quicker.

:lol:  Kettle and pop come to mind.

Not at all

Everything's fine and we're going to be ok. Nothing bad could possibly happen and they all lived happily ever after.

I buzzed the pre-season we signed John Cornwall & Glyn Hodges. You got to be buzzing in pre-season, I mean when the action starts it becomes reality.

You remind me of someone with your posts in this thread, Mick. As if you want it to go wrong. :shifty:

:razz:

I can only comment on our current situation and if we don't bring in more new faces then we're in for a poor season.  I don’t see the signing of Perch and an injured Gosling as being season changing players.  Campbell could make a difference for us as long as he hasn’t lost too much during the closed season.

Guest Heneage

Why are they happy clappers? They explained why they think we will be ok.

Straw men all over the place in this thread. :laugh:

I doubt anyone seriously believes we're dead certs for relegation or dead certs to survive. There's nowt wrong with realism about the quality of our squad but there's nowt wrong with a little optimism either.

I for one have had just about enough of feeling down about our prospects. Yes we're likely to get battered some weeks, lose often and survive this year only by scraping a few wins here and there but that's where we are right now. There are more shit teams in this league than there are class ones.

Howay the lads, I can't wait.

LOL sure they are. One thing that kills a lot of teams is a defeatest attitude, football is played in the mind as much as on the grass. Constantly looking on the negative side of things for a newly promoted club is a sure fire way to go down. Sometimes you need wake up calls too, like we did in the season we went down. Some of the crap posted on here has been ridiculous, ok we are hardly likely to be challenging for Europe and more than likely we'll be in a fight for survival, but the likes of Wigan, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, The Mackems, Stoke, Brum  and of course Blackpool are hardly world beaters and we comfortably beat two of those teams last year. Lets just cool off and try to assess things after a few games.

Are you seriously suggesting that what is posted on here will have the slightest effect on our coming season?

Also, we didn't beat two of the teams you mentioned above, we actually won once drew twice and lost twice in the 5 games played.

I doubt anyone seriously believes we're dead certs for relegation or dead certs to survive. There's nowt wrong with realism about the quality of our squad but there's nowt wrong with a little optimism either.

I for one have had just about enough of feeling down about our prospects. Yes we're likely to get battered some weeks, lose often and survive this year only by scraping a few wins here and there but that's where we are right now. There are more s*** teams in this league than there are class ones.

Relax man. We're going to be absolutely fine.

I for one have had just about enough of feeling down about our prospects. Yes we're likely to get battered some weeks, lose often and survive this year only by scraping a few wins here and there but that's where we are right now. There are more s*** teams in this league than there are class ones.

Relax man. We're going to be absolutely fine.

:)

Really bored of the pointless negativity.

No one knows how we will do next season, it really isnt very complicated. We may find it easier than expected or it might be difficult. The likes of Jonas/Routledge/Barton/Carroll/Colo/Enrique etc may prove that they can step up to premiership level. They may not. We do not know yet.

All this "we'll defo struggle/get relegated unless we sign certain players" is just a load of moany bollocks.

Really bored of the pointless negativity.

No one knows how we will do next season, it really isnt very complicated. We may find it easier than expected or it might be difficult. The likes of Jonas/Routledge/Barton/Carroll/Colo/Enrique etc may prove that they can step up to premiership level. They may not. We do not know yet.

All this "we'll defo struggle/get relegated unless we sign certain players" is just a load of moany bollocks.

How does the highlighted work? 

Dunno what you're confused by

You've contradicted yourself, you said "No one knows how we'll do next season, it really isn't very complicated." 

You then say "All this we'll defo struggle/get relegated unless we sign certain players is just a load of moany bollocks." 

Your last sentence does exactly what you complain about in the first unless you meant nobody but you knows how well do.

It's not 'pointless negativity' though, is it? It's completely justified negativity.

We've barely strengthened a poor squad. We're going to struggle. 

Just as our poor squad had no chance against psv the other day

Dunno what you're confused by

You've contradicted yourself, you said "No one knows how we'll do next season, it really isn't very complicated." 

You then say "All this we'll defo struggle/get relegated unless we sign certain players is just a load of moany bollocks." 

Your last sentence does exactly what you complain about in the first unless you meant nobody but you knows how well do.

Theres no contradiction.

Theres no reason to believe we wont do well.  You might be right, but theres no reason to state that yet.