The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

4-4-2 Magazine continue their fine tradition of Toon Bashing - Hughton is odds on favourite for the sack according to them and Paddypower.  :doh:

4-4-2 Magazine continue their fine tradition of Toon Bashing - Hughton is odds on favourite for the sack according to them and Paddypower.  :doh:

let fools part with their cash if they feel like it based on their "expert" opinion. Can't see ashley sacking hughton unless things are dire indeed

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

let fools part with their cash if they feel like it based on their "expert" opinion. Can't see ashley sacking hughton unless things are dire indeed

Even then he knows he's got a manager who can win The Championship!  :harry:

Looking forward to see how CH performs this season when we're bound to come up against it considerably more than last season - and, pertinently, if he has the lack of hubris, balls and flexibility to be willing to drop the stalwarts "mainstays" of the team as circumstance dictates (E.g Nolan!).

For my part, I don't think he's perfect but I rather believe in CH!

[/famous last words]

If City do anything other than win their first couple of games....

Aye, I'd say Mancini is at risk more than Hughton. The expectations there are huge.

Can't see why Ashley would want to get rid of Hughton no matter what happens really.

It's easy saying Hughton should drop certain players but then when they turn up in people's idea as our strongest first 11 it starts feeling like a contradiction.

Some were calling for Nolan to be dropped for a lot of last season but his goals played a major part in our promotion even if his general play was wank.

All I am saying is, if there are better options then he will deserve stick if he isn't going for them but it seems a bit silly giving him stick over things he can't control.

Guest neesy111

a point made on espn today about hughton only having a year on his contract left, will the club be in any hurry to give him a new contract?

a point made on espn today about hughton only having a year on his contract left, will the club be in any hurry to give him a new contract?

Will they fuck and i actually agree.

It's easy saying Hughton should drop certain players but then when they turn up in people's idea as our strongest first 11 it starts feeling like a contradiction.

Some were calling for Nolan to be dropped for a lot of last season but his goals played a major part in our promotion even if his general play was w***.

All I am saying is, if there are better options then he will deserve stick if he isn't going for them but it seems a bit silly giving him stick over things he can't control.

Nobody is picking Alan Smith, but i bet Hughton will have him in the team at some point.

Guest neesy111

Some were calling for Nolan to be dropped for a lot of last season but his goals played a major part in our promotion even if his general play was w***.

Nobody is picking Alan Smith, but i bet Hughton will have him in the team at some point.

very true, when every fucking fan can see that smith is a waste of space on a football pitch, and then the manager still pick's him, then something just isn't right

Injuries/suspensions at some point mean he might have to.

Old Trafford.

Old Trafford.

He'll be on the bench....he might get on in the 89th minute with us defending a one goal lead. :lol:

I must have read "he will never drop Nolan" about 6 times in the last 20 minutes.

To those saying that, can you tell me who the other 2 central midfielders we had available last season are? The ones who would have contributed more than Nolan did? I can't think of two tbh. It was probably 12 months ago when he would "never drop Smith" and 18 months since he would "never drop Butt".

If he doesn't have better options what does he do?

If we can't get rid of Smith then yes at some point he probably will HAVE to play him. Every team will have players the fans would rather not see but will get the odd game (Hilario, silvestre etc.)

I must have read "he will never drop Nolan" about 6 times in the last 20 minutes.

To those saying that, can you tell me who the other 2 central midfielders we had available last season are? The ones who would have contributed more than Nolan did? I can't think of two tbh. It was probably 12 months ago when he would "never drop Smith" and 18 months since he would "never drop Butt".

If he doesn't have better options what does he do?

If we can't get rid of Smith then yes at some point he probably will HAVE to play him. Every team will have players the fans would rather not see but will get the odd game (Hilario, silvestre etc.)

I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here didn't actually watch us last season and just took a wild guess at what they thought Hughton would do. The constant references to Smith being one of his blue chip brigade is completely bizarre given the way he dropped him when it was clear we were better off with Guthrie last season.

There's no point in trying to second guess Hughton. We all expect him to be spineless and inept yet so far he's been savvy on the touchline and in the transfer market. My expectations remain low but I would never write him off until he starts picking on personality rather than form and signing shite we don't really need.