The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Having a young, black, homegrown manager succeed in the Premiership would be brilliant... I'm beginning to think Hughton can do it.

The reservations I had about him are starting to ebb away, he doesn't seem to have any favourites, he's bonded the dressing room, he's obviously communicating our needs well to the club in terms of signing.

Could easily get much worse this season obviously, but bravo to the man so far.

He's like the anti-Kinnear.

"Well we want M'Bia and we've bid £5.1m for him, and there's a £2m bid for Ebondo too. Any clubs who want to gazump us and offer £100,000 more on either deal before they're accepted, please don't or I'll call you a c***"

Hated Kinnear even more after the transfer window tbh.

He was talking about offers for "internationals", I guess he didn't even know who he was talking about.

He did.

International = any c*nt from Bolton or Wigan.

Seriously, what the fuck is the obsession with the bloke's ancestry. Keep thinking of saying this but always seems somewhat harsh to focus it on any one poster after some reference is made. I'm mainly thinking of stuff in the media. Numerous references to how the inevitably awful experience of growing up mixed race will have given him an inner strength which belies his outer demeanour. If I was him I'd be pretty well pissed off by it.

Seriously, what the fuck is the obsession with the bloke's ancestry. Keep thinking of saying this but always seems somewhat harsh to focus it on any one poster after some reference is made. I'm mainly thinking of stuff in the media. Numerous references to how the inevitably awful experience of growing up mixed race will have given him an inner strength which belies his outer demeanour. If I was him I'd be pretty well pissed off by it.

Was wondering the same myself. Gets brought up a hell of a lot. Nee one gives a fuck.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We'll see what's being sung when Torres makes it 4-0. It most certainly won't be 'happy birthday, dear Chris.'

Yeh because Liverpool are awesome. No better than Villa ffs. ;)

Seriously, what the f*** is the obsession with the bloke's ancestry. Keep thinking of saying this but always seems somewhat harsh to focus it on any one poster after some reference is made. I'm mainly thinking of stuff in the media. Numerous references to how the inevitably awful experience of growing up mixed race will have given him an inner strength which belies his outer demeanour. If I was him I'd be pretty well pissed off by it.

I'd expect him to be aware of the issue but have no comment tbh.

Seriously, what the f*** is the obsession with the bloke's ancestry. Keep thinking of saying this but always seems somewhat harsh to focus it on any one poster after some reference is made. I'm mainly thinking of stuff in the media. Numerous references to how the inevitably awful experience of growing up mixed race will have given him an inner strength which belies his outer demeanour. If I was him I'd be pretty well pissed off by it.

I'd expect him to be aware of the issue but have no comment tbh.

:lol:

We'll see what's being sung when Torres makes it 4-0. It most certainly won't be 'happy birthday, dear Chris.'

Torres won't score Liverpool 4th goal................he'll have already been subbed after scoring a hat trick

If we add Tiote and Ben Arfa I reckon we've done well, maybe another utility defender on a loan would be good too if I was being greedy.

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

Ben Arfa (loan, hopefully)

If Taylor goes out of the door for about £3m then we'll have brought in all of that lot for a couple of million quid net.

That's a superb transfer window considering that statement. There's even the option of getting another defender or striker in on loan which wouldn't cost too much.

It's what annoys me a lot about the SJP stuff. I don't like the concept anyway, but things are going pretty well otherwise (by this regime's standards) and yet they still manage to find a way to piss fans off.

OTOH, there's a lot of people apparently desperate to find something to get pissed off about.

Torres won't score Liverpool 4th goal................he'll have already been subbed after scoring a hat trick

He'll be on the treatment table more like.

If my post set this off, it's the first time I've ever mentioned it.

I just meant that there aren't many black or mixed race managers succeeding at the top level. I would like to see him do it. I know he doesn't represent or speak for all people of his racial background... but it's always good for people to have role models.

I knew that would be coming (from you).  :lol:

That's why I almost wanted to say that the crowd should sing it right after the start of the match.

Btw, good luck betting on Liverpool (-3) that day.  O0

If my post set this off, it's the first time I've ever mentioned it.

I just meant that there aren't many black or mixed race managers succeeding at the top level. I would like to see him do it. I know he doesn't represent or speak for all people of his racial background... but it's always good for people to have role models.

It did but only insofar as I haven't said anything when more overt references have been made in the past.that's why I made a remark about it always seeming slightly harsh to go in off any one particular post. It's the overall situation that's the issue, and it's journalists who first put it on the agenda and keep it there.

Fao thespence, I appreciated that post :lol:

If we add Tiote and Ben Arfa I reckon we've done well, maybe another utility defender on a loan would be good too if I was being greedy.

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

If Taylor goes out of the door for about £3m then we'll have brought in all of that lot for a couple of million quid net.

That's a superb transfer window considering that statement. There's even the option of getting another defender or striker in on loan which wouldn't cost too much.

It's what annoys me a lot about the SJP stuff. I don't like the concept anyway, but things are going pretty well otherwise (by this regime's standards) and yet they still manage to find a way to piss fans off.

OTOH, there's a lot of people apparently desperate to find something to get pissed off about.

qft

Guest neesy111

So far we've brought in:

Perch,

Gosling,

Campbell,

Tiote,

Should never ever say it's a good transfer window until we actually find out how these players are playing and how well the team is playing.  I said the same thing with souness and with allardyce, and I'm not making the same mistake again.