The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those of you who are criticising him, I urge u to look at the bigger picture here. Just because we lost to Blackpool, doesnt mean Hughton is a bad manager. I mean the guy deserved the chance, lets not be too judgemental about his performance on a match to match basis but rather lets give him some time and see how he will cope with the challenge of the Premier League. On another note, I thought that he should sub Ben Arfa much more quickly than he did. Giving him just 15 mins when we are a goal down isnt good enough.

For those of you who are criticising him, I urge u to look at the bigger picture here. Just because we lost to Blackpool, doesnt mean Hughton is a bad manager. I mean the guy deserved the chance, lets not be too judgemental about his performance on a match to match basis but rather lets give him some time and see how he will cope with the challenge of the Premier League. On another note, I thought that he should sub Ben Arfa much more quickly than he did. Giving him just 15 mins when we are a goal down isnt good enough.

Show me people who are saying that? Because I can't see it.

if we start our next game with either Smith or Nolan then he deserves all the stick he gets.

This is the nail on head point.

Aye, get the blades sharpened lads.

What do you mean by that?

That we can't criticise Hughton until we've lost 12 games in a row, played really badly in all of them and he's started the u13s in every game.

if we start our next game with either Smith or Nolan then he deserves all the stick he gets.

That we can't criticise Hughton until we've lost 12 games in a row, played really badly in all of them and he's started the u13s in every game.

:mackems:

Guest firetotheworks

You're expecting it to happen, based on nothing. And for whatever reason you seem to want it.

That's what it looks like.

Smith and Nolan both justified their places today, and Hughton has dropped plenty of the players that you all seem to think he's too spineless to drop. fwiw, I think he'll play Smith and Nolan, because Nolans goalscoring is still up to it, and Smith will probably play because it's an away game. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

Love Hughton, but really dissapointing today. Next week's teamsheet is going to be a huge moment for him. At the very minimum Tiote has to be introduced for Smith. Ideally, Ben Arfa should come in for Nolan too, but if Hughton feels this is too open for Everton, then Jonas could do with a rest instead.

Some of the previous comments seems to be suggesting that, but if it is not right then let it be a hypothetical assumption.

Show me people who are saying that? Because I can't see it.

You're expecting it to happen, based on nothing. And for whatever reason you seem to want it.

Smith and Nolan both justified their places today, and Hughton has dropped plenty of the players that you all seem to think he's too spineless to drop. fwiw, I think he'll play Smith and Nolan, because Nolans goalscoring is still up to it, and Smith will probably play because it's an away game. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

I don't see many criticising his team choice. It was the timing of his substitutions that most are grieved with.

He will get some of the stick rightly or wrongly. It did sound like just one of those days whereby nothing would go in for us on the attack front, however some problems will no doubt have reered their head after today.

Negatives

-James Perch, 4 games, 4 yellows. What exactly has Hughton seen in the guy to justify paying £1.5m for him? He had a mare at Old Trafford, then last week at Wolves he was lucky not to give away a penalty.

-The Triangle in midfield of Smith, Nolan and Barton. Right now Smith seems to offer little, for a defensive midfielder his tackling seems questionable and today it's cost us big, right on half time that penaltys taken all the wind from our sails. My concern is more claims of the mini boys club and Nolans influence on the squad, meaning he's almost a certainty to start, meaning we are forced to drop Routledge or Gutierrez to accomodate Ben Arfa, who I'd like to see play in the centre.

-The reliance on Barton. If he doesn't play well in the middle, we don't seem too. This also goes back to Smith, but right now Tiote's looking a good option to have.

-Bang goes the first 3 games good work. More frustrating as it's a home game, we should be looking to win 10-15 home games, and this should have been one of the easiest ones based purely on their poor defence and the fact we put 4 past them but months ago.

-Subs; He seems to just wait too long to make them. I don't know if it's wanting to give the players a chance or what, but he needs to realise he owes no one a favour, if a players not performing haul him off.

Positive;

-We created chances, but it sounds like Gilkes was in simply fantastic form, memories of Myhill at Spurs lead me to believe this could be a case of a fantastic individual performance.

-Two new players coming in. Thankfully the current XI are not our only options, Ben Arfa sounded lively, and Tiote I will imagine believes he could get into the first XI easily, so we need to be looking to get him sooner rather than later, as Smith is just too inconsistent for DM. We also have Gosling who no one has really seen.

-It's been a shock, a big one, hopefully it sparks them into life and they push on as today proved no game is won in this league before kick off.

What to happen? Hughton has a history of being a bad in game tactician and poor at interventions with substitues, I think if you read this thread there is common ground. This isn't the J league every team can beat you in this league if you don't play to your potential.

I have made postive comments about CH if you open your eyes and go back a few pages, but its entirely ridiculous not to be able to criticise him when he gets his in game tactics so badly wrong as he did today and as most have seen and commented on. You're just chimming in with idiotic one liners as if people have an agenda against Hughton and sneering at people who disagree with you...AND WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT EXACTLY? That the people citicising him are being nasty...Grow the fuck up.

Give me ONE good reason why a curent FRENCH INTERNATIONAL should be stuck on the bench till the 80min when we desperately needed a breakthrough?

But Tiote is apparently far better in the DM position,is he not?

Guest firetotheworks

What to happen? Hughton has a history of being a bad in game tactician and poor at interventions with substitues, I think if you read this thread there is common ground. This isn't the J league every team can beat you in this league if you don't play to your potential.

I have made postive comments about CH if you open your eyes and go back a few pages, but its entirely ridiculous not to be able to criticise him when he gets his in game tactics so badly wrong as he did today and as most have seen and commented on. You're just chimming in with idiotic one liners as if people have an agenda against Hughton and sneering at people who disagree with you...AND WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT EXACTLY? That the people citicising him are being nasty...Grow the f*** up.

Give me ONE good reason why a curent FRENCH INTERNATIONAL should be stuck on the bench till the 80min when we desperately needed a breakthrough?

You're not worth the full reaction tbh. If growing up turns me into a assuming, patronising, boring old know it all, then I'd rather not tbh. You're not worthy of any reasoned debate.

I have made postive comments about CH if you open your eyes and go back a few pages, but its entirely ridiculous not to be able to criticise him when he gets his in game tactics so badly wrong as he did today and as most have seen and commented on. You're just chimming in with idiotic one liners as if people have an agenda against Hughton and sneering at people who disagree with you...AND WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT EXACTLY? That the people citicising him are being nasty...Grow the f*** up.

You're not worth the full reaction tbh. If growing up turns me into a assuming, patronising, boring old know it all, then I'd rather not tbh. You're not worthy of any reasoned debate.

You mean you haven't got an answer. Carry on sneering at posters like me who've been on this board 5 years if it makes you feel high and mighty. Pathetic.

You mean you haven't got an answer. Carry on sneering at posters like me who've been on this board 5 years if it makes you feel high and mighty. Pathetic.

:lol: What a tit.

Eh?

Guest firetotheworks

You mean you haven't got an answer. Carry on sneering at posters like me who've been on this board 5 years if it makes you feel high and mighty.

It does tbh, and I don't mind admitting it. I'd have given you an answer, and gladly debated it with you, but in truth who wants to have a debate with someone like you? I have no interest in having a reasoned debate with someone that goes on like that. If anyone else wants to take up the baton then I'll talk to them, but I have no time for the kind of shit you've just tried to belittle me with.

The settled side we should be aiming for is this

Harper

Saylor  Williamson  Campbell        Enrique

Tiote

Routledge                          Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ranger

Carroll   

Think Ranger will be a good foil for Carroll and Routledge down the right.

Eh?

I've been here six years and I think you're a tit.

5<6 so I'm right. :razz:

Some of the comments are genuinely embarrassing. Let's ignore everything positive he's done because of one game, eh? Let's also ignore the fact that we had over 60% of possession in the second half, kept trying to play football, didn't just hoof it, and came up against a very good defence and goalkeeper. One f***ing game and the knives are out. What happened to pragmatism? Some of you are fickle as hell and it's pathetic.

:thup:

Get a fucking grip lads. No one is denying Hughton's previous good work and no one is ignoring the positves but today simply wasn't good enough. We don't know what damage this game has done yet but it's certianly undone the previous good work of the Villa result, it remians to be seen what it's done to our confidence levels.

There's no excuse for his substitutions, it was evident things weren't working and he took far too long to react, and your seriously going to defend him for that? The whole 'I'm not going to criticise him for this result because of our previous results' attitude is bollocks.

We'll see what he's made of this week because today we've taken one hell of a blow. If we remain unchanged next week I will be deeply disappointed in the bloke.

Eh?

It is a woman breast.

Eh?

Yeah but you look like a tit.

Eh?

Yeah but you look like a tit.

Burn!