The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't think of many fat, unfit central midfielders we've had who've turned out to be legends, like.

Can't think of many fat, unfit central midfielders we've had full stop.

Did you ever see John Barnes play for us?

:-[

He made Kevin Nolan look like Aaron Lennon

Wasn't he our top scorer one year or did I imagine that? :lol:

Can't think of many fat, unfit central midfielders we've had who've turned out to be legends, like.

he was good for us when he went up front though. owes us nowt.

Aye. And we still stayed up!

Guest BooBoo

Just when you think Ronaldos cache of utter drivel is full, he comes up with "Kevin Nolan, absolute disgrace" comment. Someone needs to give this kid his own forum.

If 27 year old lads on £16K a year can get fit and stay fit, why on earth can't Kevin Nolan on 40k a week?

He's a good finisher and is intelligent, which is why gets goals. But as a midfielder, he's f***ing shocking and fitness is one of the main reasons for that.

You're kidding? With 6 goals?  Christ, Dalglish was worse than I remembered.

Even Fatty ballaty Kluivert scored more than him.

You're kidding? With 6 goals?  Christ Dalglish was worse than I remembered.

Even Fatty ballaty Kluivert scored more than him.

I can remember Beresford being shit hot* in front of goal that season too :lol:

*I say shit hot, I mean he scored once or twice.

If 27 year old lads on £16K a year can get fit and stay fit, why on earth can't Kevin Nolan on 40k a week?

He's a good finisher and is intelligent, which is why gets goals. But as a midfielder, he's f***ing shocking and fitness is one of the main reasons for that.

So no player is slow just unfit?

By your reasoning Guthrie is unfit.

Guest BooBoo

Remember when Pievert came on at Olympiakos? I will never forget the sheer thickness of his neck that night. He seemed to gave gained two stone since his last appearance.

Guest neesy111

top managers would put him on the transfer list for being overweight and not fit

how on earth a footballer who trains for 3 hours everyday, is over-weight is beyond me

+ it's quite well known, he's a heavy drinker as well

Slow? Why are you bringing pace into the argument?

i honestly think people are going way OTT about nolans fitness. he's the most mobile midfielder (not just centrally) we have and has never had much pace.

Because that's the only thing your "Nolan is unfit" argument seems to be based on.

Don't want to get involved in this shite, but it's possible to be incredibly fit but still not very good at running.

Being a footballer is as much about being in the right place at the right time, which is something Nolan seems to have been quite good at this season in an attacking sense without doing a load of running around.

i honestly think people are going way OTT about nolans fitness. he's the most mobile midfielder (not just centrally) we have and has never had much pace.

He can move, just not for longer than 20 minutes.

Just when you think Ronaldos cache of utter drivel is full, he comes up with "Kevin Nolan, absolute disgrace" comment. Someone needs to give this kid his own forum.

You've got some front, haven't you? Your appraisal of Enrique is one of the most inaccurate the forum has ever seen.

You've got some front, haven't you? Your appraisal of Enrique is one of the most inaccurate the forum has ever seen.

:lol:

Because that's the only thing your "Nolan is unfit" argument seems to be based on.

Where the hell did I mention Nolan's pace? He's slow, but that's not what I was using against him at all.

Don't want to get involved in this shite, but it's possible to be incredibly fit but still not very good at running.

Being a footballer is as much about being in the right place at the right time, which is something Nolan seems to have been quite good at this season in an attacking sense without doing a load of running around.

His game has always been based around coming into the box after the event. His goal against Preston was typical of his style of play.

Don't want to get involved in this s****, but it's possible to be incredibly fit but still not very good at running.

His game has always been based around coming into the box after the event. His goal against Preston was typical of his style of play.

npt so much after the event as attempting to be in the right place at the right time. he's even been ahead of the forwards on a couple of occasions.

Where the hell did I mention Nolan's pace? He's slow, but that's not what I was using against him at all.

So he's slow and unfit and unprofessional, right?

That's why he's a disgrace?