SJP calculations

Stifler

Is the East Stand still the biggest canteliver (sp?) stand in Europe? Can remember me Dad telling me once that it was.

That could be wildly inaccurate. Can't find out about it on the net.

EDIT: Wiki says yes. Cool.

Is the East Stand still the biggest canteliver (sp?) stand in Europe? Can remember me Dad telling me once that it was.

East?

My garden shed has a bigger cantilever roof than The East Stand.  :snod:

Its the Leazes/Milburn that hold the record  O0 Or atleast they did at the time they were built...not sure if this has been surpassed?

East?

Got me baffled as well.

East?

Got me baffled as well.

I believe that it was when first built.

I honestly don't know - i distinctly remember me Dad saying that the East Stand was. Will have been a while ago now, like. I don't know the dynamics or anything - being thoroughly unarsed to look, i couldn't really explain what cantilever even means tbh.

Was just a throw-away comment; ignore. :razz:

EDIT: Ah so it is Milburn/Leazes then - cool. :thup:

If England gets the World Cup (which honestly I don't see it happenning at this point), it would be a good opportunity to do this. Lots of stadiums get remodelled for world cups (Camp Nou was last expanded for 1982).

I remember the second time I saw St James Park on the telly (I don't want to remember the first), for our CL game at your place in 2002. They showed an aerial shot and the commentator said that the stadium had been remodelled recently and I thought "oh, but they haven't finished yet".  :-[

Looks shit when it goes all the way around the ground.  I really like the fact that we have two sides that are extraordinarily tall and then two sides that aren't.  Gives it s a really cool look.  Would look like every other stadium if it were the same size on all four sides.

Unless we could do something cool and unique like Lucas Oil Stadium (home of the Indianapolis Colts):

http://caelliottgroup.com/images/lucas-oil-stadium-exterior.jpg

http://www.secole.com/Lucas_Oil_Pano_web.jpg

I love the facade to make it look like an old factory and it looks mint inside as well.