Roberto Di Matteo

Minhosa

It wasnt a reasonably weak header atall. Dorrens & Thomas made Jonas and Enrique look second rate?

Totally outplayed?

Your ideas are massively over the top. Both sides hit eachother on the break, they scored goals through our individual defensive errors. They had chances to score more as did we.

They were better on the ball when neither side was countering, thats all.

I meant to log back in last night and clarify my reason for starting the thread but got waylaid.

By tactics, I mean his pre-match change to 4-5-1 with the two wide boys (Thomas in particular) covering effective ground and sticking to their jobs well.

His decision to crowd the midfield rendered our Attacking Mid position ie; Nolan ineffective (not hard, I hear you say) and gave Smith no time or space to dictate play in the way he has in certain games this season.

Bendner was a good choice too and he lead the line well.

For all they didn't impress defensively at all they looked well drilled in the other 2/3rds of the pitch and had clearly done their homework.

If they had gone 4-4-2 I think we would have beaten them

He does appear to have graduated from the Dennis Wise Charm school with his pre and post match interviews but I thought his team selection and their drilling was well thought out.

Jayson

Lovenkrands goal was a shocking piece of goalkeeping. My granny would have saved it. Just after that, Miller missed an open goal and Olson had a free header which both should have been scored. These were more clear cut chances than anything we really created all night.

Only things I would say is that we should have had at least one penalty and Lovenkrands was NOT offside when pulled up near the end.

Not really, the bounce made it difficult for the keeper.

Not true - he was slow getting down & across goal ; I've seen redwoods go down faster from a chainsaw....

Jayson

Lovenkrands goal was a shocking piece of goalkeeping. My granny would have saved it. Just after that, Miller missed an open goal and Olson had a free header which both should have been scored. These were more clear cut chances than anything we really created all night.

Only things I would say is that we should have had at least one penalty and Lovenkrands was NOT offside when pulled up near the end.

Not really, the bounce made it difficult for the keeper.

Not true - he was slow getting down & across goal ; I've seen redwoods go down faster from a chainsaw....

Wasn't the best of keeping, but he was moving in the right direction..

He's doing good things with them, but he's hardly reinvented them, they played this way under Mowbray, his only signings have been Jara ,Mattock and Thomas, the former two have looked nothing special.

He doesn't sign the players.

Yes, it was an open game but can you honestly tell me what chances we had where we shouild have scored other than one chance to Nolan on the edge of the box and the steven taylor miss from the corner near the end which was a very difficult chance.

I can count at least three clear cut chances that WBA shouild have scored, just after we equalised, especially Miller and Olson free header that would have killed the game off.

They dominated the game due mostly to their footballing ability whilst we huffed and puffed , especially in midfield. We were not at the races and were reduced to long punts up field to the head of Carroll in the end.

I admit that we were unfortunate with the offside decision and the penalty decision on Carroll but they shouild have been out of sight by then.

West Brom boss Roberto di Matteo:

"Did anybody see a penalty there? I can't be the only one confused. There was nothing to see, it was an ordinary challenge. That was a key moment of the game because out of nothing Ipswich got a goal.

"We had some very good chances and should have gone ahead. When you are playing against the referee as well it is difficult but we kept going and credit to the players for finding an equaliser.

What an absolute joker