Roberto Di Matteo

Minhosa

Guest Heneage

Not impressed with his post-match, rather obnoxious.

He's doing good things with them, but he's hardly reinvented them, they played this way under Mowbray, his only signings have been Jara ,Mattock and Thomas, the former two have looked nothing special.

Don't know why but I hate the bastard.  Don't think his tactics were spot on, we were just shite, one of the worst performances I've seen from us this term.  The only reason we looked half decent is because West Brom are shite at the back and their midfield is focussed on attacking, leaving a bit of space for us.

Guest firetotheworks

Got his tactics absolutely spot on tonight imo.

Taking Bendtner off was a really, really stupid decision imo. As soon as that happened, they couldn't hold it up like that had been for the rest of the match.

Not impressed with his post-match, rather obnoxious.

He's doing good things with them, but he's hardly reinvented them, they played this way under Mowbray, his only signings have been Jara ,Mattock and Thomas, the former two have looked nothing special.

Signed:Simon Cox & Rueben Reid (out on loan now) as well.

His tactics were good. If it wasnt for the miss of the season by Miller, we would have lost. They played us off the park football wise and we were fortunate that their goalkeeper was so crap. He should have easily kept out Lovenkrands header.

I think Di Matteo's only real mistake was taking off Bednar. Every time the ball came near him, he looked dangerous.

Yes, they played out to hack us, they also look very frail at the back, in the Premiership they will get hammerd I think, lucky that we wern't good enough to to finish our chances, only time they can attack is on the counter and they have to rely on defenders going out of place for set pieces to make it worthwhile.

Jayson

Maybe defensive mistakes but two quality balls played in to create those chances.

Whenever we had the opportunity to do similar, we stuffed it up...............especially Jonas's run at the end.

The stats show they had more attempts at goal, more corners and 6% more of the overall play in the game than us. I thought they were an excellent team at this level and their play showed us up for what we really are. If they had taken the couple of chances they had, they would have been out of sight and deservedly so,  IMO

They didnt make any blinding defensive errors so we didnt have the opportunity to do similar.

Nolan hit a tame shot coming into the area he shouldve done better with, Jonas as you say, their defender near scored an own goal on a ball headed back across. Loven took his goal well. They were better than us when we were behind the ball, on the break we were opening them up just as much & wouldve won if not for the individual errors.

Jayson

Lovenkrands goal was a shocking piece of goalkeeping. My granny would have saved it. Just after that, Miller missed an open goal and Olson had a free header which both should have been scored. These were more clear cut chances than anything we really created all night.

Only things I would say is that we should have had at least one penalty and Lovenkrands was NOT offside when pulled up near the end.

Jayson

Lovenkrands goal was a shocking piece of goalkeeping. My granny would have saved it. Just after that, Miller missed an open goal and Olson had a free header which both should have been scored. These were more clear cut chances than anything we really created all night.

Only things I would say is that we should have had at least one penalty and Lovenkrands was NOT offside when pulled up near the end.

Not really, the bounce made it difficult for the keeper.

Jayson

Not really, the bounce made it difficult for the keeper.

He should have been in a better position to start with, tbh.

Dirty bastards got away with shitloads, cannot believe he thought they should have won it, was a cracking open game but 2 nailed on pens and an offside that was an utter disgrace. Loven was through 1 on 1 and it was not eve a close call, he was not even level he was behind the last man.

That airborn tackle on Jonas was a straight red, has he caught him that was a leg breaker, the rf did not even bother to ask the official it happened right infront of.

Got his tacticts right PAH! got away with thier tacticts.

Skirge

Swap the defences and goalkeeper and WBA would have won last nights game by a country mile. In raw footballing terms, we were totally outplayed, especially in midfield and out wide on ouir right. His biggest mistake was replacing Bednar who was causing no end of trouble to our defence with his movement and strength. He looked totally bemused when replaced and I didnt blame him.

Dorrans was the best fooballer on the park and Thomas's wing play and combinatioin with Dorrans made Jonas and Enrigue look second rate.

Admittedly, their fouling should have been dealt with more severely by the ref, especially Jara and Olson but then again, I thought Nolan should have received a straight red as well.

If it wasnt for Carson in goal, we would have lost easily. No keeper shouild be beaten at their near post, especially by a reasonably weak header from 15 yards out at that angle. It was pure goalkeeping comedy.

Dont start me on about our midfield, oine paced, pedestrian and played down one side virtually the entire game.