Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

And the usual Coloccini hate mob show up.

huh?

You didn't have to put your hand up, I might not have been talking about you.

I fail to see a bad word about him on this page?.. so to read 'hate mob' without the hate is a bit peculiar.

And the usual Coloccini hate mob show up.

huh?

You didn't have to put your hand up, I might not have been talking about you.

I fail to see a bad word about him on this page?.. so to read 'hate mob' without the hate is a bit peculiar.

Obviously you'd have to go further back than this page wouldn't you?

Interesting situation now when S Taylor is fit... I guess we might eventually see the departure of Colo - as much as I don't want that.

Taylor and Williamson are very similar from what i've seen so far. Wouldn't like to see them together in the premiership though. Has to be one or the other with Colo.

Other clubs fans must shit themselves when they see our hate mob coming.

Interesting situation now when S Taylor is fit... I guess we might eventually see the departure of Colo - as much as I don't want that.

Taylor and Williamson are very similar from what i've seen so far. Wouldn't like to see them together in the premiership though. Has to be one or the other with Colo.

Other clubs fans must shit themselves when they see our hate mob coming.

Not sure why you quoted me here, what's your point?

You're the only 2 people that mentioned Colo in the last 2 pages, and even though you were both positive about him, TRon seems to think there's a hate mob brewing against him.

Wasn't a dig at yous 2.  :thup:

There are certain vocal critics of Coloccini who are fairly persistent over a long period of time whether he plays well or badly. It's a shame when he's generally been considered one of our best defenders this season by unbiased commentators that he's still getting sniped at on here by our fans.

Guest Roger Kint

A few posters wrote him off from the start (almost) and lie in wait every game hoping for the lad to make a mistake, It's very sad.

I have to ask which of the last 30 signings you mean? :undecided:

You're the only 2 people that mentioned Colo in the last 2 pages, and even though you were both positive about him, TRon seems to think there's a hate mob brewing against him.

Wasn't a dig at yous 2.  :thup:

There are certain vocal critics of Coloccini who are fairly persistent over a long period of time whether he plays well or badly. It's a shame when he's generally been considered one of our best defenders this season by unbiased commentators that he's still getting sniped at on here by our fans.

I think most on here agree he is doing very well this year, some don't believe his form would continue into the Premiership .. after last year - so what warrants 'hate mob' in this thread?  Just for future knowledge you have me curious.

There have been a few defenders who have made the adjustment from CCC to PL, most notably, Johnson at Birmingham. We wont know about Williamson until we actually get there and see him for opurselves.

As for Colo, he has arguably, been our best player this season, against much tougher physical opponents in the CCC as opposed to the quality in the PL. This season will have been good for him and could well prepare him  well for a return to the PL.

I feel that Colo suffered last year from a combination of first season syndrome in England and not having a settled defence around him. This year, the mainstay of our team has been the defence and Colo has been the crucial element in it.

IMO, we already have PL quality defenders in Colo, Enrigue and Taylor. The jury is out on Williamson and Simpson but they are both young enough to adapt. The main problems in our team lie further forward.

Absolutely. Williamson looks the better bet to Taylor from what I've seen so far.

Why is this then. Please explain what defensive skills colo brings to the table that the others wouldnt.

I dont hate Colo either, im not biased against any of our players.

There have been a few defenders who have made the adjustment from CCC to PL, most notably, Johnson at Birmingham. We wont know about Williamson until we actually get there and see him for opurselves.

As for Colo, he has arguably, been our best player this season, against much tougher physical opponents in the CCC as opposed to the quality in the PL. This season will have been good for him and could well prepare him  well for a return to the PL.

I feel that Colo suffered last year from a combination of first season syndrome in England and not having a settled defence around him. This year, the mainstay of our team has been the defence and Colo has been the crucial element in it.

IMO, we already have PL quality defenders in Colo, Enrigue and Taylor. The jury is out on Williamson and Simpson but they are both young enough to adapt. The main problems in our team lie further forward.

i don't mean to nitpick as i agree with the basic idea of your post. but i don't know where this stuff about championship strikers being more physically punishing than their premiership counterparts comes from. from what we've seen this season it's quite simply wrong.

Johnny

Just as an example, I thought, for example, Bednar bullied Colo in the game at SJP and if he had not been subbed, WBA may and shouild have gone on and won that game.

Other examples, of the top of my head, would be the likes of Hulse at Derby, Howard at Leicester and Boothroyd at Cardiff being more of a physical than skillful nature. There are probably a few more to pick from but they came immediately to mind.

We can also point at our Andy Carroll in that vein too.

Strikers in the CCC may be more physically punishing in terms of bullying defenders, but they aren't as strong and athletic as most strikers in the PL are. That's where Colo had problems. Against strikers like Carlton Cole, Drogba, Zamora, Roberts etc. He is weaker, smaller and slower. Williamson have the height and strength advantage, but he will be exposed more for his lack of pace in the PL than CCC the same way Colo did.