Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Can you believe that just 4 short years ago, we had the likes of Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Carr, Boumsong, Bramble, covering our backline... Sends shivers down my spine.

Babayaro was a heartless bastard. At least the rest wanted to be footballers the fuking coward.

Guest palnese

Can you believe that just 4 short years ago, we had the likes of Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Carr, Boumsong, Bramble, covering our backline... Sends shivers down my spine.

Babayaro was a heartless bastard. At least the rest wanted to be footballers the fuking coward.

Harsh on Babayaro that. He was terrible for us, but I'll always respect him due to the fact that he played a game for us, just days after he had lost his brother.

Harsh on Babayaro that. He was terrible for us, but I'll always respect him due to the fact that he played a game for us, just days after he had lost his brother.

I'm with TT - heartless bastard. Clearly no love for the game.

It was the only game he could be bothered to play FFS. After that and months before that we couldn't get him on to the pitch though happily accepting £35kpw.

Agreed with the majority. One game he gave his all for us. A cynical viewpoint, but how do we know he didn't do it for himself? Just to give him some respite from the grief rather than being cooped up at home just dwelling. I'd be the same to be honest, take my mind off issues.

Can't believe we're defending Carr and Boumsong too though. Carr was appalling in so many of his efforts for us. And Boumsong, whilst trying sometimes, just had no heart and fell to pieces so easily it was unreal.

Babayaro was a heartless b******. At least the rest wanted to be footballers the fuking coward.

It was the only game he could be bothered to play FFS. After that and months before that we couldn't get him on to the pitch though happily accepting £35kpw.

:sadnod:

I think it might have been more than that per week sadly. Disgraceful waste of money.

It's frightening to think how much we've spanked on fees and wages over the last ten years - christ, some of the shite we've had at this club makes me shudder.

At least we're generally getting value for money nowadays - even if the clubs is run by Beavis & Butthead.

Carr was rank, absolutely terrible... amazing that he's still playing in the Premier League.

carr was like many players we've had, often ordinary but i've seen many players have worse games and not take half the stick.

its hard to believe that boumsong was the one that cost 8m and williamson cost 1.5m max based on respective performances.

fucking souness

Too true. Let alone the difference in wages - which must be fucking huge.

Guest firetotheworks

Carr was rank, absolutely terrible... amazing that he's still playing in the Premier League.

carr was like many players we've had, often ordinary but i've seen many players have worse games and not take half the stick.

That is true like. Once a players tarred, it takes something big to come out of it and change their reputation. Nicky Butt's the only player I can think of that had a renaissance with the fans before being shit again.

True (he was fucking garbage mind) but Simpson (who is also nothing special and gets a fair bit of stick) is easier to abide knowing the lads not on £50k a week and 15 and a half stone.

That is true like. Once a players tarred, it takes something big to come out of it and change their reputation. Nicky Butt's the only player I can think of that had a renaissance with the fans before being shit again.

Darren Peacock did it a fair few years ago.

Warren Barton another.

Guest firetotheworks

That is true like. Once a players tarred, it takes something big to come out of it and change their reputation. Nicky Butt's the only player I can think of that had a renaissance with the fans before being s*** again.

Warren Barton another.

That is true like. Once a players tarred, it takes something big to come out of it and change their reputation. Nicky Butt's the only player I can think of that had a renaissance with the fans before being s*** again.

Warren Barton another.

Touche'

I never, ever rated Warren Barton, though.

Warren Barton another.

centre partin never regained anything near his earlier popularity, and again it was the fickleness of a section of the crowd rather than any real loss of form that started it.

Warren Barton another.

centre partin never regained anything near his earlier popularity, and again it was the fickleness of a section of the crowd rather than any real loss of form that started it.

He was another that we overpaid for which meant expectations were high before he'd kicked a ball.

He was shite though.

I used to sit in the leazes back then and he got a boatlod of stick but had a bit of a renaissance - albeit more a result of people taking the piss than because he'd suddenly found a bit of form.

Warren Barton another.

fucking leave iz alone maaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!

Warren Barton another.

He was another that we overpaid for which meant expectations were high before he'd kicked a ball.

He was s**** though.

I used to sit in the leazes back then and he got a boatlod of stick but had a bit of a renaissance - albeit more a result of people taking the piss than because he'd suddenly found a bit of form.

he wasn't shit.

Guest firetotheworks

It may be a little harsh but I often think that Barton and Beresford have a bit of a selective memory when they think back to their role in that team. They were our weakest links in that team imo, but they still talk about those times like they were one of the Beardsley, Lee, Ferdinand, Albert, Ginola etc level purely by association. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.