Taylor out for season?

Wallace

http://www.nufc.com/

Taylor has confirmed to pals that he's hoping to make a playing return for the end of the current season.

I got a text this afternoon saying he's out for the season. He was getting scans last night/early today and is def fucked.

Ties in with this. I guess the scan results are now in as you say: -

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/25/alan-smith-everyone-wants-to-beat-us-61634-25675289/2/

Defensive lynchpin Taylor looks set for an extended spell on the sidelines with a knee injury, but the club have played down reports he will not play again this season.

“A few extra bodies would be nice because we have lost a few players,” Smith said. I don’t know the extent of Steven Taylor’s injury, I don’t think anyone does because we have not had the scan results yet. But fingers crossed he is not out any longer than a couple of weeks. It would be a blow if we lost him, because we don’t have any experienced cover. A few new faces would be nice.”

This is what happens when you have a 46-game season and have to field first team players in the cups because your squad is too small.

It is ridiculous that nothing has been done to provide cover. We now have an untried kid to come in at centre back with no cover whatsoever.

Our season was always going to depend on incidents like this. Ashley has a week to pull his finger out and give the squad some much needed reinforcements.

This - has been glaringly obvious all season....unless the squad is strengthened there will be problems.

End of March for loans isn't it?

If that's the case then a loan is an option but we still need one ASAP now. We've left ourselves in this position.

If we go down the loan route (which is most likely under Ashley) then I would hope it's another player in the mould of Simpson - someone young but experienced who is looking to secure a permanent move.

CHRIS Hughton has doubts over several first-team stars going into the game against Neil Warnock's South Londoners.

Danny Simpson (ankle) is definitely missing, as is Ryan Taylor who is suspended following his red card during the 4-2 FA Cup defeat at West Brom on Saturday.

Futher news is awaited on Steven Taylor (knee) and Nicky Butt (calf) after the pair sat out of the game at The Hawthorns.

So they're not even ruling him out yet for the official site.  Maybe will only be a few weeks.  Please let it only be that.

CHRIS Hughton has doubts over several first-team stars going into the game against Neil Warnock's South Londoners.

Danny Simpson (ankle) is definitely missing, as is Ryan Taylor who is suspended following his red card during the 4-2 FA Cup defeat at West Brom on Saturday.

Futher news is awaited on Steven Taylor (knee) and Nicky Butt (calf) after the pair sat out of the game at The Hawthorns.

So they're not even ruling him out yet for the official site.  Maybe will only be a few weeks.  Please let it only be that.

I hope for the best but they said similar things about Barton's injury. They denied press reports that he needed surgery and then the next thing we hear he's had surgery and is out for months.

Guest The_Scoreboard

From SSN - Taylor confirmed to be out reasonable amount of time, until March at the earliest :thdn:

Barton back to full training next week tho.

Hughton did this when Shola broke his foot. It was all "assessing the damage, might play against Leicester" and then once Harewood was signed, it became "oh it's broken, might be back in November." I expect similar now that the signings are through the door.