Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Guest Geordiekev

This is typical fan bullshit, talk of a new signing and the current squad get the shit kicked out of them.. FFS we are top at present and have been virtually all season so far, get off their fucking backs and just enjoy the fact  Hughton and the owner that has given us nightmares for so long is actually looking to bolster what we already have.

We blatantly need a quick striker like, possibly even more than we need a CM.

When Lovenkrands doesn't play, we're atrocious to watch. Long ball bullshit for 90 minutes every single time. Movement and a bit of pace up front, which Moses would provide, is essential to any football team. Sure the midfielders need to be upgraded, but we'd still be hooping long balls up there even if we had Iniesta in the middle of the park with pairings like Carroll and Ameobi up top.

Would be a cracking signing, and I think we're in with a fair shout of convincing to come to Newcastle over any of the other clubs mentioned as being interested in him.

Of course we do, but it's cooler to pretend that our current fit strikers have loads of goals and we'll rape the league with them.

I don't pretend that Carroll is anything other than he is, which is a very promising young player who scored two goals last weekend one of which was an outstanding finish. Ranger likewise, though behind (naturally) in development. Our forwards have massive potential.

Never said they were.

Did you see those games btw? We missed plenty of good chances in each.

Like Steven Taylor against Derby as a result of a set piece? Yes I did see those games and significantly more than them home and away. I also saw every game in the last promotion season. We create very little with the way we are set up. We are, however, very good at pressuring teams.

We huffed and puffed and created sod all against Forest of note. Against Derby we probably would have scored 4 if we had got 1 - we didnt have the guile to break them down. Why is that? Is it simply the weakness of our forwards or is there more to it?

In the last promotion season we had a number of games where we needed that first one as teams double banked us. We had the wit and class in midfield (as well as the intelligence up front) to do that.

Of course we need more up front. To suggest that it is the prime weakness in our team is to fail to see the wider picture.

One player isn't gonna change the way the whole team plays unless he's very good. I think Guthrie is a good enough midfielder for this league if he's played in the centre.

Nolan presents a dilemma because he chips in with vital goals but offers nothing 90% of the time. You have to have an engine to play in centre mid and we get a bit overrun with him and Smith plodding around.

I think the one thing we need is a regular goalscorer who will scare teams. I don't know anything about Moses but I'd definitely say this is where we can strengthen the most. I'd say it's a bigger priority than centre mid - if we can get a goalscorer in we will get promoted and can sort out the midfield in summer.

Sidetracking?

We blatantly need a new striker and that's why we've enquired about at least 5 this month. Until we get that striker, this month hasn't been a complete success. That's all i'm saying.

I agree.

At the start of the window I'd have said a right winger, a centre back and a striker would be the urgent priorities. We have gambled on a small squad so far and have finally strengthened in numbers. But the telling difference will be a good striker. I'm yet to be convinced we have one. This is a league where Chopra is prolific, we are top of the league and Nolan is comfortably our top goalscorer. It is obvious that is our biggest problem.

West Brom and Notts Forest have shown they are top sides in this division and will pick up a lot of points between now and May. We may have an 8 point lead over 3rd but I think a goalscorer more than anything else will cement promotion. Routledge is a big addition in my view, a genuine right winger with pace. Williamson for Taylor won't strengthen us really.

The big difference will come if we can sign a quality striker. And if we don't, we may look back on it as an opportunity missed.

This board would be a lot more fun if someone ever presented a decent arguement as to how i'm wrong instead. That's it Dave, score some more easy points, pathetic.

I'd back Dave in a kung-fu style face off between the two of you, so watch your step.

This board would be a lot more fun if someone ever presented a decent arguement as to how i'm wrong instead. That's it Dave, score some more easy points, pathetic.

Throwing tantrums or attempted flaming with their chummies is more always fun (and easier) for those who have neither wit nor intelligence to argue on here, mate

You should know that by now. ;)

Guest Heneage

Is he a gutless scumbag?

He's right, it's rare anyone ever actually tries to debate with him, they get 2-3 posts in, then call him arrogant, obnoxious, or something similar. I'm not debating if he's arrogant or obnoxious, but at least he quotes facts.

If you actually read the post I agreed with, you'd see that it was someone asking people to stop being so obsessed with you and the inevitable fallout causing threads to be spoilt.