Twitter

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems fair enough from the club re twitter. Awaits being called an Ashley apologist *tin hat*

Nah, you're more like a 'Twitter Detractor'

Just write it into future contracts that players cant tweet and TBH the players union should be advising them not to tweet to begin with.

Useless fckers.

i really dont think it would be lawful for them to do this, freedom of speech/thought/expression is a human right.

"They've probably seen it as another sort of dictatorial move from us..."

Not sure what he means by that. ???

There is apparently a code of conduct within the club with set out repercussions for breaking any of the rules. Players weren't happy when it first came in and thats when the group of players was set up to discuss with the board.

Just write it into future contracts that players cant tweet and TBH the players union should be advising them not to tweet to begin with.

Useless fckers.

i really dont think it would be lawful for them to do this, freedom of speech/thought/expression is a human right.

On the other hand, in most workplaces it's construed as gross misconduct to leak internal negotiations and/or bring the name of the employer into disrepute.

Think there's a middle ground to be struck, as suggested by a few others, above.

The problem for Enrique and Barton has been their wording. That is why it took so long for Barton to be fined, they had to wait for a slip up.

If Enrique had of said "I have rejected a contract offer, it was the same wage as I am currently on" instead of saying the club are liars don't trust them, then he would have gotten away with it. We would have all deduced from that comment the club are liars, he wouldn't have to tell us.

By having the players agree to this legal nonsense to prevent them talking about the club they are actually stopping legal truths and opinions coming out. What if someone said "We need to invest heavily in the squad, we're lacking from last season, i'm concerned" are the Stasi going to come out and take that down? No, they are stopping things like "The clubs policy on transfers is a disgrace, fat cunt DIAHF"

Having an opinion is not illegal. It is when their words make negative statements without any publiuc evidence to prove that point. Pardew is a liar... is he? We might all know it but the truth is he said Enrique had a massive offer, he never said a better one, so to call him a liar in the public domain would be seen as a false accusation that wrongly damage that persons reputation. That is how they've been able to legally fine.

The problem for Enrique and Barton has been their wording. That is why it took so long for Barton to be fined, they had to wait for a slip up.

If Enrique had of said "I have rejected a contract offer, it was the same wage as I am currently on" instead of saying the club are liars don't trust them, then he would have gotten away with it. We would have all deduced from that comment the club are liars, he wouldn't have to tell us.

By having the players agree to this legal nonsense to prevent them talking about the club they are actually stopping legal truths and opinions coming out. What if someone said "We need to invest heavily in the squad, we're lacking from last season, i'm concerned" are the Stasi going to come out and take that down? No, they are stopping things like "The clubs policy on transfers is a disgrace, fat c*** DIAHF"

Having an opinion is not illegal. It is when their words make negative statements without any publiuc evidence to prove that point. Pardew is a liar... is he? We might all know it but the truth is he said Enrique had a massive offer, he never said a better one, so to call him a liar in the public domain would be seen as a false accusation that wrongly damage that persons reputation. That is how they've been able to legally fine.

The club have become quite adept at being selective in what they say - usually you find what they say is true but they have omitted key information which would alter the scenario completely.  Again using Enrique as an example, yes he has been offered a "lucrative" deal but that does not look quite the same as implied when Enrique himself says it is the same deal as he was already on.

Useless fckers.

Of course its lawful, they dont have to sign the contract.

I cant go on facebook and slag my employers off or tweet about how shit they are.

@themichaelowen why wasn't you playing? Oh ye I forgot your slower than me nan and your a judas

@themichaelowen bingo? You will get more games at the Gala Bingo than you will at Old Trafford Michael.

@themichaelowen do you see what can be achieved when you don't play?

@themichaelowen let your followers know if you ever make a squad. we will have a party in your honour #reserve

OUCH.

Swannyg66 Graeme Swann

I will take a cheap shot at every prem team over the next week to see who has the most mentally fragile support base...

24 minutes ago

Swannyg66 Graeme Swann

...I'll leave Norwich out of it though. No point saying anything on twitter seeing as it's still 1975 in Norfolk. #letthegamesbegin

3 minutes ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Swannyg66 Graeme Swann

I will take a cheap shot at every prem team over the next week to see who has the most mentally fragile support base...

24 minutes ago

Swannyg66 Graeme Swann

...I'll leave Norwich out of it though. No point saying anything on twitter seeing as it's still 1975 in Norfolk. #letthegamesbegin

3 minutes ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fantastic :)