This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

To be fair, Hooper is clearly a better striker, but Scunny refused to sell him (to whoever the unknown club were who bid for him).

Do you think Hooper could do the business at the top level, Gol? I think he's fantastic at this level, especially in how he combines with Hayes and uses his body against far bigger defenders, but not sure if he's really cut out for the PL.

Personally I think he perhaps just lacks that classic "yard of pace", especially over a short distance, to really be able to push on.

He is still improving at an impressive rate though, so he definitely has a chance. Needs to improve his conversion rate from good chances particularly, but that should come with form and confidence in time. He still scores enough of them.

Agree that he's better than Best as well, by the way, but would have cost us 3 times more (at least) as Scunny know he's probably their key to staying up.

There's something about Hooper which makes me think he might one day play in the premiership (hell, Martin Patterson does!). He's not at that standard yet though, and you're right about his conversion to chance rate. He sometimes gets really frustrated in games which is when he seems to switch off.

The thing about Scunny which is different to Coventry is the fact that they've created a hell of a lot of chances this season. They're a much better footballing team than a lot of the other teams down there, but they just can't defend.

Guest johnson293

I'd give him one more start, but from there he needs to either score or have a blinder of a game. He hasnt really had an impact in the games I've seen/heard. Also, isnt he the one who slipped over on both of Pancake's crosses which then fell to Raylor?

Its a new tactic... they perfected it in training.  :pow:

I'd give him one more start, but from there he needs to either score or have a blinder of a game. He hasnt really had an impact in the games I've seen/heard. Also, isnt he the one who slipped over on both of Pancake's crosses which then fell to Raylor?

Its a new tactic... they perfected it in training.  :pow:

:lol: Well, if thats the case I dont mind so much. Look forward to seeing it more in future!

He provided the cross for Carroll's equaliser against Swansea.

In January I agreed with the need for a quality striker. Cover in defence, a right winger, and a goalscorer were our priorities. Central midfield lacked quality but at least we have bodies. Routledge and the defenders came in, and Hughton was looking to make an improvement up front.

With 4 strikers already on the books though, the need was for something better than what we had, not more cover.

The Leon Best signing looks an increasingly strange one. There was no point in signing a striker a 5th mediocre forward. If he's not good enough to get in the team, why did we buy a 5th striker?

Are we allowed to say he isn't very good yet?

Well, I got several abusive broadsides last week on this subject.

No doubt some of those doing so then are probably saying exactly what I said last week THIS week ! (Its what they do) ;)

I think the trouble is that Carroll and Ranger are too similar to play together, albeit Carroll is the better goalscorer and Ranger is the better team player.

However Carroll doesn't play well on his own, and Ranger relies on having Nolan nearby.

Therefore we have Leon Best unfortunately. Should have got a PL player on loan instead though.

I hope it was close to the 800k reported, rather than the £2M.

He will probably get sold for £500k in the summer, I don't see how he's going to play in the Premiership when he's struggling in the Championship tbh.

hasnt been good yet but then again some people take more time to adapt while moving clubs, I hope he can make some contribution, needs a goal soon imo just to settle his nerves the longer he goes without one the more nervous he'll get the shitter he'll get