This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Yeah, that's honestly what I think. He doesn't have a bad recent goalscoring record, so if he has a bit of pace as well, it'll be an improvement because we seriously lack pace. It's only the Championship. Pace alone can cause a lot of damage.

Guest toonlass

I'm happier we have got him as opposed to a has been on loan. The club is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Realistically once Beckford was priced out due to his new found FA Cup fame, someone like Best was the most we could realistically hope for. A lot of people slagging the signing but who would have been a sensible alternative?

Mate, we've signed 6 players in key positons. Not a single player, of any reasonable worth, has left. It's been the perfect transfer window for us. There shouldn't be any reason to be unhappy.

People complain for the sake of it. I think it's summed up best by saying,  'haters gonna hate'.

This really.

I'm happier we have got him as opposed to a has been on loan. The club is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Realistically once Beckford was priced out due to his new found FA Cup fame, someone like Best was the most we could realistically hope for. A lot of people slagging the signing but who would have been a sensible alternative?

Mate, we've signed 6 players in key positons. Not a single player, of any reasonable worth, has left. It's been the perfect transfer window for us. There shouldn't be any reason to be unhappy.

People complain for the sake of it. I think it's summed up best by saying,  'haters gonna hate'.

This really.

Exactamundo.

Happy with the window, obviously I would have liked Beckford or Moses, but they weren't available to us.

Expectations changed very quickly in this transfer window. The majority of people on this board said they would be pleased if we brought in a couple of loans, with no players leaving.  Very few were thinking about a new striker before Hughton mentioned we were after one.

As it is we've signed:

A right back on a permanent deal

A centre back on a permanent deal

A right winger on a permanent deal

A striker on a permanent deal

A backup centre back on loan

A backup left back on loan

Is it any wonder people talk about us being unrealistic. Every f***er on here should be thrilled with the business we've done, without exception.

Every f***er on here should be thrilled with the business we've done, without exception.

You're right there actually, when you list those incomings it's far beyond what we could have expected from one January window.

All of our weaknesses have been backed up, with the possible exception of a central midfielder. And hopefully Guthrie moving inside and Barton returning will help a lot with that.

Being in this situation at all is embarrassing. We shouldn't be in this league, but from the start of the season, I could barely have imagined being where we are now. Can't believe the players we've managed to keep hold of and the signings we've made. I honestly think we'll be too much for a lot of teams with Routledge and Gutierrez on the wings and if Best has a bit of pace to complement the finishing ability his impressive goalscoring record this season implies, we'll coast to promotion.

Expectations changed very quickly in this transfer window. The majority of people on this board said they would be pleased if we brought in a couple of loans, with no players leaving.  Very few were thinking about a new striker before Hughton mentioned we were after one.

As it is we've signed:

A right back on a permanent deal

A centre back on a permanent deal

A right winger on a permanent deal

A striker on a permanent deal

A backup centre back on loan

A backup left back on loan

Is it any wonder people talk about us being unrealistic. Every f***er on here should be thrilled with the business we've done, without exception.

I don't know about "thrilled", exactly, but it's way better than anyone expected, and it's addressed lots of obvious problems. Would have been nice to get one of the players who were generating a bit of excitement (Beckford, Moses) but half the people who are moaning that we didn't were predicting that we'd be selling players.

Guest toonlass

Being in this situation at all is embarrassing. We shouldn't be in this league, but from the start of the season, I could barely have imagined being where we are now. Can't believe the players we've managed to keep hold of and the signings we've made. I honestly think we'll be too much for a lot of teams with Routledge and Gutierrez on the wings and if Best has a bit of pace to complement the finishing ability his impressive goalscoring record this season implies, we'll coast to promotion.

Why shouldn't we? We were shite last season. This is the problem with some fans, they feel that we have a divine right to be in the Premier League, and we fucking well don't. We are right where we deserve to be, and infact we are pushing our luck being top of this league as the majority of our performances have shown we are as big a bunch of cloggers as any other team in the Championship.

Why shouldn't we? We were s**** last season. This is the problem with some fans, they feel that we have a divine right to be in the Premier League, and we f***ing well don't. We are right where we deserve to be, and infact we are pushing our luck being top of this league as the majority of our performances have shown we are as big a bunch of cloggers as any other team in the Championship.

How do you take a team from Champions League football in 2003 to relegation in 2009? Takes something 'special' imo.

Why shouldn't we? We were s**** last season. This is the problem with some fans, they feel that we have a divine right to be in the Premier League, and we f***ing well don't. We are right where we deserve to be, and infact we are pushing our luck being top of this league as the majority of our performances have shown we are as big a bunch of cloggers as any other team in the Championship.

How do you take a team from Champions League football in 2003 to relegation in 2009? Takes something 'special' imo.

Your sense of entitlement is almost as bad as a Red Sox fan's

Reading through Best's interview in the Chronicle, he does seem pretty thrilled to be here, much in the same way Danny Simpson is. Even if the quality isn't top notch maybe we should just appreciate having some fairly young and hungry players who are looking to make their mark at Newcastle? When you compare it to the brochure mailing wankers who have left the club after costing  an arm and a leg maybe we should be thankful for small mercies?

Oh is it? Bit of a fk up in the space of 6 years imo.

I wouldn't critcise a Blackburn fan for absolutely raging about that. Funny how you come up with just one example. Speaks volumes.

You do it by appointing Graeme Souness as a manager :aww:

You do it by appointing Graeme Souness as a manager :aww:

Good point.

I suppose the semi-finals of the Champions League - League 1 is a smaller achievement?

That's a more extreme example, yes. Understandably, Leeds fans aren't too pleased about this. I wouldn't accuse them of having a sense of entitlement if they complained about being severely damaged in a short space of time.

I suppose the semi-finals of the Champions League - League 1 is a smaller achievement?

That's a more extreme example, yes. Understandably, Leeds fans aren't too pleased about this. I wouldn't accuse them of having a sense of entitlement if they complained about being severely damaged in a short space of time.

I would - there were risks taken and they didn't pay off. Unfortunately, when this happens the club and the supporters end up paying for it in some way or another.

I would - there were risks taken and they didn't pay off. Unfortunately, when this happens the club and the supporters end up paying for it in some way or another.

The fans are annoyed about the risks. It's not their fault.

The point is, there isn't any entitlement in football, and it's that complacency that gets teams like Leeds in the s***.

That point is integral to my point. The fans are annoyed about that complacency. If the complacency was inspired by a 'sense of entitlement', then they're probably even more annoyed.