This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

League 1 top scorer isn't all that though really is it.

I won't lie I got excited about Beckford for some reason but he is massively overrated on this forum :lol:

Scoring in League One > not scoring in the Championship

Didn't Beckford fail to score/score a very low amount when he had a crack in the championship?

He's only made 10 appearances in the Championship. Don't see what relevance it has to my post though; I was just saying I'd much prefer someone who has been banging them in for the last few years (even at a lower level) than someone who hasn't.

Your just young un, I still recall many a good player coming from the lower leagues & non league. I still think there lots of good players down there.

He might go on to be a good player at a higher level but he has proved nothing yet. Certainly no more than Best who is for some reason seen as a much worse option.

I won't lie I got excited about Beckford for some reason but he is massively overrated on this forum :lol:

Scoring in League One > not scoring in the Championship

Didn't Beckford fail to score/score a very low amount when he had a crack in the championship?

He's only made 10 appearances in the Championship. Don't see what relevance it has to my post though; I was just saying I'd much prefer someone who has been banging them in for the last few years (even at a lower level) than someone who hasn't.

We could have picked up a few of my mates for a few hundred quid and less wages than the tea lady if the level they play at isn't important ;)

Your just young un, I still recall many a good player coming from the lower leagues & non league. I still think there lots of good players down there.

He might go on to be a good player at a higher level but he has proved nothing yet. Certainly no more than Best who is for some reason seen as a much worse option.

I have seen both of them play quite a bit & I know who I would rather have. Best has some good things in armoury but finishing is not one of them.

Guest toonlass

I am not so much bothered about getting Best instead of Moses or Beckford, more simply that this is the level we are reduced to now. I think given consistant starts Lovenkrands and Best would get goals, it is whether Hughton will play them and not Carroll. People are saying they are disappointed we didn't get Beckford but the lad is 26 and hasn't shown anything above league 1 level so far.

It's only the level below the one we're at now, and hardly much worse IMO.

Shola must be a fairly decent Premiership goalscorer then based on his ratio this year.

Get away man, generally speaking the standard in the Premier League is nowhere near as low as down here. Miles less of a drop between Championship and League One.

Shola must be a fairly decent Premiership goalscorer then based on his ratio this year.

Get away man, generally speaking the standard in the Premier League is nowhere near as low as down here.

generally speaking the standard in the first division is nowhere near as high as up here (imo)

Hardly consistently like. :lol:

Exactly. Even Andreas Andersson scored league goals at Old Trafford, Anfield & Stamford Bridge...couldn't hit a barn door the majority of the time. :lol:

Leeds have played 4 prem teams this season, hes scored fairly against all of them. The one against liverpool wasnt given. That wouldve given him 5 goals in 4 games against prem opposition. Thats pretty consistant.

Get away man, generally speaking the standard in the Premier League is nowhere near as low as down here. Miles less of a drop between Championship and League One.

Those who scored shitloads last year in league one last season then stepped up have scored around the same as Best.

3.5 years means little more than we will be able to get a decent fee for him if he doesn't settle.

I bet we paid less than we end up selling him for.

Here's to hoping! [/ashley]

On a stupid scale that I just made up :lol: :

Premier League - 1.0

Championship - 0.6

League One - 0.5

League Two - 0.4

damn you. making up the rules as you go along to suit your argument.

How? It's just a crappy way of describing how I think the drop off in quality looks.