This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

You forget Best has been playing in this division for the last three months without scoring.

It's not even the lack of goals it's his shite positional sense and dreadful movement (or should that be lack of movement) that makes me think he'll be a bad buy.

He's shown nothing.

he was always a panic signing!

I accept that but what I don't get is why sign the guy at all? It's not like we have high expectations these days regarding number of signings or even quality for that matter and most seemed happy with those made during the Jan window before his arrival.

It's not like Ashley spends money easily, so why bother?

needs a bit of a chance if you ask me like.

sure he's only had 2 starts and 2 sub appearances hasnt he?

howay man.

I hope he proves me wrong. I've seen nothing in him to suggest he'll contribute when we go up.

me neither to be honest.

however, i do think that he needs more time than what he has been given.

needs a bit of a chance if you ask me like.

sure he's only had 2 starts and 2 sub appearances hasnt he?

howay man.

I hope he proves me wrong. I've seen nothing in him to suggest he'll contribute when we go up.

me neither to be honest.

however, i do think that he needs more time than what he has been given.

Don't disagree - the club are obliged to give him playing time now. Not fair for them to sign the guy and write him off.

He may be fortunate in that we'll be promoted with a good few games to spare meaning he can have a pressure free run to sort his confidence out.

The downside of that of course is it means Ranger etc have their opportunities limited when it's exactly the time we should be getting them out in front of good crowds, with first teamers in positive atmospheres where the crowd won't give them any stick.

Which is why the Best signing makes even less sense.

May I remind everyone how shit Martins was in his first 5 or 6 appearances? Cacapa also looked like a world beater in his first 5 or 6 appearances too. Give him some time ffs, it's way too early to say for sure if he's up to it.

Guest Heneage

In a poor side.

gary hooper has 12 goals for scunny

tom cleverley has 10 for watford

hulse has 10 for derby

maynard has 10 for bristol c

simpson has 11 for qpr

And if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle what's your point?

92 games 19 goals altogether though

hulse has 25 in 71

maynard has 21 in 71

cleverley has 12 in 40

hooper has 36 in 71 although some were in league 1

So he's been shit until recently.  Still not really accurate to say he can't score for a poor side like those players when he clearly has done this season.

To be fair, Hooper is clearly a better striker, but Scunny refused to sell him (to whoever the unknown club were who bid for him).

Do you think Hooper could do the business at the top level, Gol? I think he's fantastic at this level, especially in how he combines with Hayes and uses his body against far bigger defenders, but not sure if he's really cut out for the PL.

Personally I think he perhaps just lacks that classic "yard of pace", especially over a short distance, to really be able to push on.

He is still improving at an impressive rate though, so he definitely has a chance. Needs to improve his conversion rate from good chances particularly, but that should come with form and confidence in time. He still scores enough of them.

Agree that he's better than Best as well, by the way, but would have cost us 3 times more (at least) as Scunny know he's probably their key to staying up.

I'd give him one more start, but from there he needs to either score or have a blinder of a game. He hasnt really had an impact in the games I've seen/heard. Also, isnt he the one who slipped over on both of Pancake's crosses which then fell to Raylor?

When we signed him I thought he was more of a Beckford type player - direct, pacy, tricky, however it seems he's more of a physical, hold up, back to goal type of striker which we already have in the form of Carroll, Ranger and, to a lesser extent, Ameobi.

I'd give him a go alongside Lovenkrands to see what he can do, rather than playing him with Carroll all the time.