This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Looks like a really really poor player. Forget settling in at a new club, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can cut at this level, let alone the one above.

I know he's just signed and he's finding his feet, new systems/tactics (stop laughing), different training, blah blah blah. The rules of the game haven't changed, he's been signed to score goals and he currently looks a million miles from doing so. I'd peddle him to whoever is daft enough to sign the useless twat.

He doesn't look that poor to me. The ball sticks at his feet, he tried to run onto Carroll's flick ons a couple of times despite it clearly not being his game and he got into goal scoring positions on at least three occasions. If that's him playing shit then I don't really take this type of criticism seriously.

£2m wasted when it's all we have to spend is the worry though.

Or maybe only £900K wasted which the club will get back via a transfer? No manager has a 100% success rate when it comes to players they sign becoming a success. Also, it just doesn't work out for some players at some clubs. Duff was crap for us but he's been good for Fulham. Bellamy wasn't liked at Coventry but he was great for us. Like others have said, everyone hated Carroll a few months ago.

Looks like a really really poor player. Forget settling in at a new club, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can cut at this level, let alone the one above.

I know he's just signed and he's finding his feet, new systems/tactics (stop laughing), different training, blah blah blah. The rules of the game haven't changed, he's been signed to score goals and he currently looks a million miles from doing so. I'd peddle him to whoever is daft enough to sign the useless twat.

He doesn't look that poor to me. The ball sticks at his feet, he tried to run onto Carroll's flick ons a couple of times despite it clearly not being his game and he got into goal scoring positions on at least three occasions. If that's him playing shit then I don't really take this type of criticism seriously.

Not sure how you can say that.  How many times have you seen him live for us? (ie not on TV)

Guest firetotheworks

As I missed the match today, because I was at work. I'll give him a bit longer before deciding whether he's definitely shite. Looks that way so far mind.

seemed to have his position tonight. him further up and carroll deeper......................he was still very ppor.

His natural position should be deeper with someone like Lovenkrands further up I would have thought.

Thought that header was in when he smacked it, almost dropped my pint.

Very unlucky, cracking save. I'll still give him plenty more time, I still think his 1st goal will settle his nerves, just like 99% of other strikers who go without scoring.

seemed to have his position tonight. him further up and carroll deeper......................he was still very ppor.

His natural position should be deeper with someone like Lovenkrands further up I would have thought.

the smaller bloke holding it up for the lumbering big bloke........if you insist.

Fair enough. If you think he's doing a decent job for us up front then that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it. :thup:

I think he looks dreadful but there you go. Time will tell.

reminds me of smith, or more recently ranger, in that he can control the ball well and play simple passes but doesnt seem to have anything else in his locker. but today he lacked even the basics. also, at times, he has this odd anti-goalscoring movement going on where he gets the ball and tries to get as far away from a goalscoring position as possible. maybe these are down to confidence but we wont know until he manages to score.

just don't think he was ever that good a player before we signed him so not sure what hughton was expecting. it's not like we are expecting him to show the form that made us shell out money for him - he's never once in his career signalled that he is good enough for the premiership, so it's more like we're expecting him to suddenly get better than he's ever been. he's a mid-table championship player and low confidence is making him play worse than this, but even in form with sky high confidence i cant see him making a huge impact on the premiership.

Not sure how you can say that.  How many times have you seen him live for us? (ie not on TV)

What's your point? Are you saying that everyone watching at the ground automatically has better judgement than those who are watching on tv?

What's your point? Are you saying that everyone watching at the ground automatically has better judgement than those who are watching on tv?

How many?

the smaller bloke holding it up for the lumbering big bloke........if you insist.

Or the big bloke heading it on for the smaller forward to run onto..

How many?

How many?

I'd be close, nay spot on, if I said none then? :lol:

How many?

Since I don't know what the fuck your point is you can presume whatever you like.

How many?

Since I don't know what the fuck your point is you can presume whatever you like.

If you answer the question (which you already have by not answering it tbh) then I'll know whether the point I am considering making is relevant.

How many?

If you answer the question (which you already have by not answering it tbh) then I'll know whether the point I am considering making is relevant.

So did you have a point?

How many?

So did you have a point?

:lol: Nice try.

How many?