This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

only thing ive seen from best that was any good was his crossing. otherwise hes a very poormans bog standard

I dunno like, he's got a decent touch as well. Miles better than Shola's :laugh:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

only thing ive seen from best that was any good was his crossing. otherwise hes a very poormans bog standard

He supplied a very good cross for Carroll to equalise late on for us at Swansea last season, I remember

He supplied a very good cross for Carroll to equalise late on for us at Swansea last season, I remember

Aye, his only contribution to date. I'm just gonna expect absolutely nothing from Best this season. That way, at the very least, i could be slightly surprised. The guy couldn't get a goal, and in turn, a game for one of the most free-scoring teams in the country last season.

Has this been posted already?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9206710.stm

Newcastle United striker Leon Best says he would turn down any offer of a loan move from St James' Park.

The 24-year-old returned to action after a three months out with a cruciate ligament injury in a reserve team game on Tuesday.

"I definitely want to stay here," he told the Northern Echo.

"I want to stay at Newcastle because I love it here and I want to help them do well. I'm really not interested in going out on loan."

"I've got to wait for my chance and, when it comes, make the most of it," added Best.

:undecided:

Not surprised by this. He is at a Premier League club so he may as well try and make it here. Theres plenty of time to move on in the summer if he doesnt make it.

If Carroll keeps scoring like he is then it's not so important Best is putting them away but if he gets fit he could potentially be a decent partner for the big AC imo. Compared to other options anyway.

Looked somewhat more determined in pre-season (in the games I saw). It's unrealistic to expect that he'll suddenly start to bang them in but he could be useful.

Hopefully Best is clever enough to spot the opportunity in front of him. With Shola and Lovenkrands as his competition - good understanding with Carroll, movement, physicality and work rate alone could be sufficient to win a place in the starting 11. And he's not that bad at those like..

On the other hand, if he doesn't look motivated and disappoints again then his next chance would be in a division below and deservedly so..

Are people really expecting Best to become a useful Premiership footballer?  :lol:

I think its hope rather than expectation - and the hope is that Hughton (or whoever scouted Best) saw something few others have.

He's not had that many chances to date tbf and I'd like to see a bit more before passing judgement.

Compared to the rubbish who've started up front in recent weeks, yes.

It's debatable if Best is better than any of them, he's done less than any of the others since coming here.  He hasn't looked capable of scoring in any league game, I can only remember him having one shot on goal despite getting into goal scoring positions.  He shouldn’t get anywhere near the starting 11 unless he starts banging goals in for the reserves, he’s currently no better than 4th or 5th choice, or at least he should be based on performance..

Based on absolutely nothing, I think he'd do OK for us at the minute. Better than Lovenkrands and Xisco, for me its between Best and Ranger to displace Ameobi. Despite not scoring for us last season, i think he's capable of 4 or 5 goals.