Anyone else still unhappy that Shearer isn't our Manager?

QBG

I think a lot of people underestimated this league, mainly because they'd never watched it.

Opposite if anything, surely? We kept hearing how "tough a league" this is. We're shit, and still 85% sure of promotion.

Yes, my brain has stopped working for some reason. That's what I meant to post!

I know I am. Childhood hero, and even though we went down it was great having him back in the dugout. Travesty that he didn't get the job all in all. Think he'd probably be more agressive away from home as well. Anyone else?

:facepalm:

The dugout comment was from a sentimental standpoint.

Just don't even bother mate. 2sheds won't credit Shearer with a single thing, you might as well give up now.

Duly noted.

Said the big difference between us and the other clubs in the divison was that they had nobody to take their chances and we on the other had a lot of players capable of scoring goals. Load of bollocks that i might, might have expected from Dion Dublin.

Said the big difference between us and the other clubs in the divison was that they had nobody to take their chances and we on the other had a lot of players capable of scoring goals. Load of bollocks that i might, might have expected from Dion Dublin.

???

That's basically why we're top.

The defence is why we're top. These 'other clubs' find it a lot easier to score goals when they're not playing against us.

We've given up a good number of decent chances in most games if you ask me. The opposition invariably screw them up.

Say what? How is it "the most flawed pieces of punditry you ever heard in your life"? We're top of the league, and we've managed that by winning the most games. To do that we need to score more than the opposition more often than not. He didnt mean we're prolific, what he meant was that when it mattered, and we needed to win, we did! Also, keep in mind that comment came before our recnt dip in form.

The defence is why we're top. These 'other clubs' find it a lot easier to score goals when they're not playing against us.

We've given up a good number of decent chances in most games if you ask me. The opposition invariably screw them up.

We do allow a few chance, but we also do a lot of good defending where inferior players might have been skinned.

Probably a mixture of the two, obviously, but I've been impressed by our defence.

We do allow a few chance, but we also do a lot of good defending where inferior players might have been skinned.

Probably a mixture of the two, obviously, but I've been impressed by our defence.

Yeah I think they've done pretty well too. I just think that if that's what Shearer said then I agree with him. We have been able to finish even when playing like shite, the opposition have not.

this is where the difference between "defence" and "defending" comes in as our defence is often doing the defending for the midfield aswell.

this is where the difference between "defence" and "defending" comes in as our defence is often doing the defending for the midfield aswell.

Agreed, I was going go say 'defending' but then I thought that would be wrong.

well put there maddie :thup:

well put there maddie :thup:

i've had years to think of it as we have been poor in  midfield for years.

Nolan was the only player with any significant goal tally at that point, just seemed like he didn't recognize at all the defence was the strongest part of our team.

Well, you're right, and it is the strongest part of our team. They keep the opposition out, giving us a chance to win :D

We've scored the same amount of goals as 7th place. To give the strikers and Nolan the credit is pretty ridiculous. Then again, we heard Coloccini and Enrique get slagged off by Lawrenson and Dixon while Shearer said nowt.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

At the start of the season, I would have very much liked Shearer- But now I've had time to think about it, I don't think  he's the man for the job. Meh.

We've scored the same amount of goals as 7th place. To give the strikers and Nolan the credit is pretty ridiculous. Then again, we heard Coloccini and Enrique get slagged off by Lawrenson and Dixon while Shearer said nowt.

:lol:

Do we have 27 points?