Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Guest Geordiekev

Riots before the game, I heard.

Aye Welsh dickheads wearing our scalfs kicking off under the stand, one got a good kicking off a horse lol guessing their allocation was sold out as they had a few in our end causing shit but were soon shown the door.

Lost my voice tonight, fucking fantastic. :celb:

According to George Caulkin on Twitter we've now gone 15 league games unbeaten, beating a club record stretching back to 1950.

While they were unbeaten in eight before this game, won their last four, and have the best away scoring record in the league. It's pushed our goal difference above West Brom's too. Excellent result however you look at it.

hughton got lucky that butt and smith both injured. hope he has learnt his lesson after leicester debacle. you don't always need a defnsive midfielder and its ok to play 2 wingers.

also, lovenkrands undroppable - so much intelligent movement and play.

Some of the fans in level 7 are a joke and a lot of the young ones only stand there to wind other fans up. I love a bit of banter myself but when we have just won 5-1 against Cardiff and final whistle goes a lot of fans were more bother about getting over to goad the cardiff fans than clap the lads off the pitch after a great performance.  :angry:

You'd hope so but Hughton comes out with bollocks about playing "A lot of games" and the need to "freshen it up" so he'll probably 'rest' rotate the strikers. It's funny how the likes of Enrique, Colo, Jonas, S.Taylor, etc don't get rested when fit. It should be, if you score you stay in the team until you don't score.

Brilliant, attacking team performance tonight. It would be difficult to pick a man of the match as several were great. Nolan was actually involved! Carroll played very well, proved me wrong.

Jonas and Routledge absolutely took the piss, fantastic stuff. That little showboat cross :smitten:

Guest neesy111

Cardiff fans are all going home on the Sunday, meeting with the Seaham Casuals tomorrow.

North Shields Ferry landing?

i could not see a more depressing place to meet for a fight

Guest Stephen927

Some idiot in the Gallowgate called Hall a "fucking black cunt" for a pass back to Harper, even though it was probably the sensible move. Didn't say anything the next few times Hall did it or when Guthrie did it from just inside our own half.

:facepalm: Absolutely disgraceful. The worst I've heard, and I have been to games where Geremi has started.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Some of the fans in level 7 are a joke and a lot of the young ones only stand there to wind other fans up. I love a bit of banter myself but when we have just won 5-1 against Cardiff and final whistle goes a lot of fans were more bother about getting over to goad the cardiff fans than clap the lads off the pitch after a great performance.  :angry:

Totally agree, full of mongs! will be looking to get away for leazes level 7 next season!

You'd hope so but Hughton comes out with bollocks about playing "A lot of games" and the need to "freshen it up" so he'll probably 'rest' rotate the strikers. It's funny how the likes on Enrique, Colo, Jonas, S.Taylor, etc don't get rested when fit. It should be, if you score you stay in the team until you don't score.

Did it escape your notice that he took off his new signing after 60 mins to give Lovenkrands a good crack at it? A lot of managers might have been tempted to leave Best on to get a goal to prove their judgement right.

Guest firetotheworks

Some idiot in the Gallowgate called Hall a "f***ing black c***" for a pass back to Harper, even though it was probably the sensible move. Didn't say anything the next few times Hall did it or when Guthrie did it from just inside our own half.

:facepalm: Absolutely disgraceful. The worst I've heard, and I have been to games where Geremi has started.

Christ, that's disgusting. I never hear racism anymore like. Aside from that old bloke a while back who said of Coloccini: 'I wouldn't sell him to the Chinkies!'...but that made no sense really.

Did anyone say owt, or at least give him a look?

Guest firetotheworks

'I wouldn't sell him to the Chinkies!'

:lol: What the f***?

That was my exact reaction. Along with  :kasper:

Did it escape your notice that he took off his new signing after 60 mins to give Lovenkrands a good crack at it? A lot of managers might have been tempted to leave Best on to get a goal to prove their judgement right.

No but would you agree Lovenkrands should start the next game based on tonight's performance? I'm more bothered that Hughton seems to rotate the strikers no matter if they score or not. Most teams stick with a pair for the majority of the time.

Some idiot in the Gallowgate called Hall a "fucking black cunt" for a pass back to Harper, even though it was probably the sensible move. Didn't say anything the next few times Hall did it or when Guthrie did it from just inside our own half.

:thdn:

Even if the guy is a genuine hardcore racist, unless this was before the 7th minute what the fuck was he even complaining about? Wanker.

Guest Stephen927

Some idiot in the Gallowgate called Hall a "f***ing black c***" for a pass back to Harper, even though it was probably the sensible move. Didn't say anything the next few times Hall did it or when Guthrie did it from just inside our own half.

Christ, that's disgusting. I never hear racism anymore like. Aside from that old bloke a while back who said of Coloccini: 'I wouldn't sell him to the Chinkies!'...but that made no sense really.

Did anyone say owt, or at least give him a look?

No one said anything, then people quickly broke into a rendition of "Newcastle, Newcastle..." Was fairly shocking, considering we were 3-0 up and Hall looked good all night, not that I would condone it whatsoever if he had played shit.

Guest toonlass

Just got back in. That was fucking amazing. I have no voice left and a headache too (I think my blood pressure went through the roof when we scored 3 in just on quarter of an hour). What a fucking difference that was. Superb attacking play. Shame about the charver arseholes who seemed more intent on goading the Cardiff fans at the end than celebrating a great win. There was also trouble outside the Milburn Stand on Barrack road too, looked like a whole load of young uns who were trying to be be casuals but ended up looking like dickheads with police horses, dogs and the plod rushing them. Stupid twats. All in all a fucking excellent night.