One game you have missed and regretted it ever since

MyPalAl

The only game I think i've ever turned down and can really regret is QPR away in 95/96, 3-2. I was 6 and didn't want to travel that far.

Obviously I wish I was at Feyernord, 5-0 ManU (I was 7 and me and my Liverpool-supporting mate shared the ticket), Inter away.  Arsenal away 3-1, but being at Leeds a week later helped make up for it.

EDIT:

Also, Bobby's charity game.  Would've gone, but I was in Singapore.

Guest Roger Kint

The Man Utd 4-3 in 2001/02. Was the last season before I got my first season ticket ticket as I was still a youngster, but it really galled me that I wasn't there as I listened to it all unfold on Metro FM.

I missed this due to a knee op the day before, gutted.

Also missed the 5-0 cos i shared a season ticket with my brother til the next year when i could afford to buy one myself, like fuck he was getting the mackem game though :angry:

Cant think of too many i have missed that i regret tbh. probably missed about 10 games since getting a season ticket and most of those were terrible luckily. I do regret missing out on Barca away(the rain hit one) after the club screwed up the tickets as we would have still been there for the next day anyway, but not too many complaints.

I regret not going to Highbury for the London jinx ending victory. First London game I'd missed in 5 seasons!

This

Had seen most of the games in the run including the cup defeat at Chelsea the week before but had a work Christmas do and had to go to that instead. Didn't stop me watching on Sky and going beserk on goals 2 and 3. Not sure he's ever seen me in the same light since.

Likewise Feyernoord away i was supposed to be at a conference and couldn't get out of it so didn't book up then they cancelled it but it was too late to in. Gutted for not being there.

Haven't actually missed any great games but almost missed the Barca game. I didn't get to many games around that time, but my dad had bought us tickets. I had a huge fight with my parents over something daft and I wasn't allowed to go until I'd apologised to my mam for being cheeky. I was a stubborn little shit, but my dad left it right until the last minute to set off. When the door slammed behind him I had this awful sinking feeling so quickly left my room, apologised to my mam (didn't even cross my fingers) and chased him down the street. As the goals went in I was so relieved.  :aww:

Usually if I turn down a game it'll be because I expect it'll be crap, and I'm quite often right.  :lol:

that feyenoord game.

Aye. But when I have grandkids I'm gonna tell 'em I was there, anyway. :snod:

Snap :laugh:

"But Grandad, you were only 12 at the time?"

"Shut up Carol. Or Andrea'll sit on you."

that feyenoord game.

:lol: :lol:

that feyenoord game.

;D

In 1999 I had the choice of CSKA Sofia in the UEFA Cup or the 8-0 drubbing of Sheff Wed. I chose the Sofia game. I chose wrong.  :angry: