Your England Squad for WC2010 Sath Efrika

Ishmael

Some people are starting to ask for Cuéllar to get the Spain callup, but it's unlikely to happen.

If Arteta couldn't even get a call up for a friendly match after being up there with the best midfielders in the league for about 4 years then I don't see how any other Spanish player that isn't at a 'top 4' team could get a look in either.

As mint as Arteta is, I couldn't see him getting in the Spain squad. Purely because its outrageously good.

I'm not saying he should get in the squad for tournaments or anything, of course he shouldn't. Fabregas can't even get a start for most games.

My point is all the centre mids that have been given chances in friendly matches who are no better than Arteta because they are domestic based.

Guest Roger Kint

You won't get a look playing outside Spain if you aren't in a top team, that's a fact.

Arteta had a chance in the months leading up to the Confed Cup, but sadly he got injuried. He's unlikely to get a nod before the WC.

On a related topic, just seen this on a other forum. I can find at least two major errors but what do you think?

Squads I'd like to see.

SPAIN

Casillas, Aranzubia, Reina

Pique, Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Navarro F, Arbeloa, Flano, Capdevila

Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Navas, Silva, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Jurado, Senna

Torres, Villa, Soldado, Negredo

Bridge has the reputation of being our second best left-back, which to be fair, he was for years. He has been awful at City, he's lost his pace, awareness and all-round defensive capabilities imo. I can't remember the last time he looked an attacking threat, unlike Warnock and Baines who create goals week in week out.