Your England Squad for WC2010 Sath Efrika

Ishmael

I think Heskey's inclusion is more puzzling myself, may as well pack Harewood's bags as well if we are including this guy.

Why is it puzzling, when it has been pointed out and proven time after time what he brings to the team?

Has scored 11 league goals in three seasons and he should start world cup - just because of 'bringing the best' out of Rooney? 

Rooney right now can play well with anyone.

Yes. Amongst others.

Rooney right now can play well with anyone? He's in a team that still primarily uses fast attacking wingers playing on the counter. England doesnt, so another tactic is needed. Capello can see it, even us armchair managers can see why it works. There's been plenty of Hesky types over the years that aren't all that in their own right, but are needed to allow a team to work, they're the catalyst.

Why do you have Owen as your avatar btw? It doesn't do your points of view on football any favours tbh.  :lol:

Because the majority of the time, people without a valid argument, would bring that observation up.

The thing about Rooney is that it's clear that he has completely adapted his game to suite the lone striker roll.  Noticed it myself in the last few months, and Andy Gray did a whole segment on it on Sunday.

He's started to spearhead attacks when breaking and get into the six-yard box when the ball is out wide.  These are things that Rooney was not doing a year ago. 

So the question now is, with Rooney playing a whole new game for MU (and scoring s*** loads in the process) can he do the same for England?  Or, does Fabio want Rooney to continue to play his old game for England?

It will be interesting come the friendlies.

I say trust Rooneys abilities and play 4-5-1. There are more goals in our midfield than in Heskey, and like you say, todays Rooney don't need a Heskey (though to be honest, I'm not sure he ever did).

I'd line up something like

Green

Johnson Ferdinand Terry Cole

Carrick      Lampard

Lennon     Gerrard         Cole

Rooney

If J. Cole and Gerrard finds some form in the months leading up to the WC.

That would be so sweet  :thup:

I know what you're saying. I think Capello will stick with 442 though and with Barry an almost certain starter we need more than Lampard and Gerrard getting forward to support Rooney. Heskey looks alright in qualifying because we play a pile of shit mostly. Anyone with an ounce of ability and nouse will nullify Heskey and what he supposedly brings to the team. A genuine threat on goal (Defoe) will give as much space to Rooney as Heskey with runs down the channel etc.

Different shakes and all that but Heskey up against a decent defence is hilarious.

They were in a race for the title at that point, of course he's going to 'big up' his players.

And btw, if a compliment from Capello is the only thing you can present to me from the last 3 years as a reason why he should be on the plane, my point stands. He's finished as a top level footballer, he's been very poor for Milan in their last few games and it's only a matter of time before their fans turn on him just like the c***s in LA.

Your only answering to the posters that are presenting opinions that you can easily brush aside. The majority here want Beckham in the squad, that could be because it's obvious what his qualities are, and that they're still worth having in the England squad.

I didn’t present an opinion. I posted comments by Beckham’s manager at the time that contradicts what ronaldo spouts, which is utter, utter make it up as you go along shite.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Heskey's inclusion is more puzzling myself, may as well pack Harewood's bags as well if we are including this guy.

Why is it puzzling, when it has been pointed out and proven time after time what he brings to the team?

Has scored 11 league goals in three seasons and he should start world cup - just because of 'bringing the best' out of Rooney? 

Yes. Amongst others.

Rooney right now can play well with anyone? He's in a team that still primarily uses fast attacking wingers playing on the counter. England doesnt, so another tactic is needed. Capello can see it, even us armchair managers can see why it works. There's been plenty of Hesky types over the years that aren't all that in their own right, but are needed to allow a team to work, they're the catalyst.

Why do you have Owen as your avatar btw? It doesn't do your points of view on football any favours tbh.  :lol:

Because the majority of the time, people without a valid argument, would bring that observation up.

Aye, because that was my main argument. Christ.

Yes. Amongst others.

Aye, because that was my main argument. Christ.

Paranoid?

Did actually agree with what you posted btw, just don't rate Heskey at all.  There are better players who can do what he does plus more.

They were in a race for the title at that point, of course he's going to 'big up' his players.

And btw, if a compliment from Capello is the only thing you can present to me from the last 3 years as a reason why he should be on the plane, my point stands. He's finished as a top level footballer, he's been very poor for Milan in their last few games and it's only a matter of time before their fans turn on him just like the c***s in LA.

Your only answering to the posters that are presenting opinions that you can easily brush aside. The majority here want Beckham in the squad, that could be because it's obvious what his qualities are, and that they're still worth having in the England squad.

I didnt present an opinion. I posted comments by Beckhams manager at the time that contradicts what ronaldo spouts, which is utter, utter make it up as you go along s****.

It contradicts nothing. Beckham has done very, very little in recent years to suggest he'd be any use in South Africa.

Resorting to a Capello comment when he was actually Beckham's manager to back up your point is a little daft. Manager's laud their players with OTT praise every day of the week.

I didn’t present an opinion. I posted comments by Beckham’s manager at the time that contradicts what ronaldo spouts, which is utter, utter make it up as you go along s****.

It contradicts nothing. Beckham has done very, very little in recent years to suggest he'd be any use in South Africa.

Resorting to a Capello comment when he was actually Beckham's manager to back up your point is a little daft. Manager's laud their players with OTT praise every day of the week.

Okay, errr.... but he didn't need to say that he had made a mistake by selling him, did he? :rolleyes: And even going on further by saying that he takes full responsibility for the mistake, too. Nah, must be all bullshit.  :facepalm:

Guest optimistic nit

Beckham out, Agbonlahor in and that's a squad capable of winning it.

take Agbonlahor back out and put beckham back in and there's a squad even more capable to win it.

Is that seriously all anyone has since 2007, a positive comment from his own manager in the run up to a title showdown?

As I said earlier, but not surprised at your brain not quite getting it, it was a response to the comment you made implying Beckham didn't contribute much to their title success in 07.

Guest firetotheworks

Is that seriously all anyone has since 2007, a positive comment from his own manager in the run up to a title showdown?

The rest of us have first hand viewing I'd assume. That's what mine is, I'll leave it at that, because I think he still needs to be in the squad because I know I've seen what I think he can bring to the England squad. You know you think you haven't. That's all it'll come down to.

My point being, 3 years ago he was on the decline and it's continued.

Agbonlahor is a very good player who is a couple of years away from being great. Walcott is a good player who's a very good option if we need some penetration heading into extra time.

Guest firetotheworks

My point being, 3 years ago he was on the decline and it's continued.

Agbonlahor is a very good player who is a couple of years away from being great. Walcott is a good player who's a very good option if we need some penetration heading into extra time.

There's pro's and cons all over the place. I'd take Agbonlahor too fwiw. There's absolutely no chance I'd be taking Walcott though, Beckham may be on the decline but he has still shown that he has far more to offer than Walcott over the last season or too. And Walcott's been in a team that usually harnesses young talent.