Your England Squad for WC2010 Sath Efrika

Ishmael

Barry isn't our best player, but his emergence as our first choice anchor man in midfield has been a real boost. Previous England teams have tended to have a clogger in there, and that's held us back. Barry can pass as well as get forward if opportunity presents.

Aye, or thrown Gerrard and Lampard into the centre-mid melting pot, which has never worked. I'm still not sold on Barry though; i'd love for Hargreaves to play every game for Manu from now till the end of the season, but it's never gonna happen.

To say we'll have to 'defend like we've never fucking defended before' is a tad OTT in my opinion. Terry and Ferdinand are probably the best two CB's in the world on form and Ashley Cole is without doubt the best LB.

Would be nice if Gerrard brokes Torres' leg in training.

Agree with all those bits - probably best to say every single player will have to be on the top of his game, and have near error-free matches. Do-able but a big ask if Spain are in the mood.

Guest kingdawson

Goalkeepers

James, Green , Hart

Full backs

Johnson , Richards , Cole, Bridge

Centre backs

Terry, Ferdinand , Lescott , Upson

Centre Midfield

Gerrard , Lampard , Carrick, Barry

Wingers

Lennon, Beckham, J.cole , A.Young (Haven't 100% decided between him and swp)

Forwards

Rooney , Defoe, Crouch, Heskey

Guest firetotheworks

Last two seasons, in the league:

Joe Cole, 17 appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists

Ashley Young, 56 appearances, 10 goals, 12 assists

If anything that proves why you'd rather have Cole if he's fit. If he's not then Young for me yes.

any opinion on Adam Johnson? was excellent for City last night by all accounts....do you think he might have a chance to sneak in to the final squad?

got to be in ahead of downing and who else s their wide left even if we don't play that way in the first 11....he's a better option for width than downing.

Guest firetotheworks

any opinion on Adam Johnson? was excellent for City last night by all accounts....do you think he might have a chance to sneak in to the final squad?

I really rate him highly, but Id need to see him play first team more.

Downing's ever making an England squad is laughable.  Only ever made it purely on being left-footed.

Johnson looked dangerous at Boro, but they always seemed to waste him whenever I saw them play. 

Like others have said though, he'd have to perform very well in the EPL - like really really really make a super fast impact - to stand a chance of going.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8511556.stm

will be interesting to see if he gets fit right in time and how his form will be then at the World Cup if he makes it. It's all prepared for the Terry & Bridge partnership...  :lol:

Ankle fracture rules Ashley Cole out for three months

Cole is expected to play a key role for England at this summer's World Cup

Chelsea will be without Ashley Cole for three months after the England defender fractured his left ankle in Wednesday's 2-1 defeat by Everton.

The 29-year-old left-back fractured his left ankle following a challenge by Everton's Landon Donovan.

A scan on Thursday revealed the full extent of Cole's injury.

It leaves him with a fight to regain his fitness in time for this summer's World Cup, with England's first match against the United States on 12 June.

More follows.