Your England Squad for WC2010 Sath Efrika

Ishmael

Fickle bastards on here, Bridge is better than Warnock and Baines.

Half a season in a new defence obviously counts for more than almost a decade as a top player. :rolleyes:

He was crap at the back end of his Chelsea career as well (not that he had much of one)

He's been atrocious this season in particular and put in probably the worst England performance I've ever seen against Croatia the other year. Lescott got all the flak from the tabloids the following day because he didn't play for a Sky 4 team though.

Guest firetotheworks

The Coles are the only real, real genuine quality that we have on the wings, we cant afford to be without either, but especially Ashley.

For the Carrick/Barry thing. Although I dont rate Barry I'd be reluctant to shake up a team that's doing well. I'd give Barry 2 games and see how effective he is. In an ideal world I'd have Hargreaves>Carrick>Barry....imagine that chain of command before '06. I'd have been laughed out of here.

Here's my squad for the England game:

-----------------------Howard

Cherundolo--Borenstien--Marshall-- Castillo

Bradley ------Clark---Dempsey ©---Beasley

--------------------Donovan

---------------------Casey

But knowing my luck, Bocanegra will still be playing (and captain).

Here's my squad for the England game:

-----------------------Howard

Cherundolo--Borenstien--Marshall-- Castillo

Bradley ------Clark---Dempsey ©---Beasley

--------------------Donovan

---------------------Casey

But knowing my luck, Bocanegra will still be playing (and captain).

Yes, Bocanegra is a lock. And Beasely is pretty far off the chart now.

the first england match is in exactly 4 months, so that gives him a month after recovery to get match fit for that. even if he's not match fit for the group stages, hopefully we'll quality for the knock-outs, by which time he should be fine.

Some people are starting to ask for Cuéllar to get the Spain callup, but it's unlikely to happen.

If Arteta couldn't even get a call up for a friendly match after being up there with the best midfielders in the league for about 4 years then I don't see how any other Spanish player that isn't at a 'top 4' team could get a look in either.

Some people are starting to ask for Cuéllar to get the Spain callup, but it's unlikely to happen.

If Arteta couldn't even get a call up for a friendly match after being up there with the best midfielders in the league for about 4 years then I don't see how any other Spanish player that isn't at a 'top 4' team could get a look in either.

Probably as all of the midfielders in the Spanish squad are leagues above Arteta and the Spains defence is a bit of the fragile side. Marchena & Albioil are a bit suspect but with Spain having so much possesion in most games they could probably recall Elena "ow my finger hurts"Marcelino and still get by in most games. Not that Arteta isn't a brillant player, would have him in the England set up is he was English.

Guest firetotheworks

As mint as Arteta is, I couldn't see him getting in the Spain squad. Purely because its outrageously good.