Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest WashyGeordie

Decisions going for WBA while decisions are starting to go against us, hmm.

Anyway, I'm disappointed/shocked by this result like, 3 bastard 0, man.

Just when things started to look good for our promotion race aswell (post christmas's "purple patch".. then Bam!  :undecided:

Taylor played against QPR.

Colo played with Williamson twice and we kept two comfortable clean sheets. It's pretty obvious we suffer most when both arte out, but its coloccin that really holds that defence together.

Based on nothing atall but your bias towards him yeah

When Enrique and Colo come back, we'll stop conceding goals, but that's not the real problem here. Leon Best is unproven and i'm willing to give him a chance, but what in god's name is going on when we're aspiring to be a premiership team come May and we're starting him and Andy Carroll?

Lovenkrands and Shola have proved they're our best bets for goals, what the hell are they doing on the bench?

Yep. We can only hope the penny will drop on this subject with Hughton, instead of him persevering with Best to prove himself right.

We can only hope he'll improve - maybe with a goal. Is Ranger injured by the way ?

Taylor played against QPR.

Colo played with Williamson twice and we kept two comfortable clean sheets. It's pretty obvious we suffer most when both arte out, but its coloccin that really holds that defence together.

Based on nothing atall but your bias towards him yeah

Well no - its a fair point.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dave

hall looked composed and strong nothing to do with the goals

oh and one of the best pieces of skill this season in the corner messiesque

Who would you put at fault for the goals?

When Enrique and Colo come back, we'll stop conceding goals, but that's not the real problem here. Leon Best is unproven and i'm willing to give him a chance, but what in god's name is going on when we're aspiring to be a premiership team come May and we're starting him and Andy Carroll?

Lovenkrands and Shola have proved they're our best bets for goals, what the hell are they doing on the bench?

I know you don't rate Carroll but it would be pretty shit for morale if you score two, almost have another two (post and off the line) and in the following match you are dropped.

Best is the new signing, he'll be played for some time yet. It's just the way it goes.

and how many did Lovenkrands score?

Guest WashyGeordie

Btw a few people said in the pre-match thread for this game that Hughton could prove his worth to them by keeping the same team and setup (or very similar).

Be interesting to see how that opinion differs now it didn't work.

He should have played 4-5-1!  :angry:

:lol:

Anyone know how Swansea have done in the last few weeks?

They haven't lost since the 12th Dec 2009, against Forest.

Guest malandro

Take a look at our last 2 matches and if you've an ounce of sense you'll see that the Cardiff result was actually the out of the blue shock result. What happened at Derby has been coming for a while now.

Hughtons choice to play Best after his completely anonymous performance on Friday is shockingly poor. If I was Lovenkrands I'd have Hughtons office door off its hinges at 9am tomorrow.

Stop talking sense. We we’re brilliant on Friday and tonight’s result was just one of those games.

Take a look at our last 2 matches and if you've an ounce of sense you'll see that the Cardiff result was actually the out of the blue shock result. What happened at Derby has been coming for a while now.

Hughtons choice to play Best after his completely anonymous performance on Friday is shockingly poor. If I was Lovenkrands I'd have Hughtons office door off its hinges at 9am tomorrow.

Totally agree and 2 games and 2 anonymous performances says to me brought in too early and should be coming off the bench imho and as you say Cardiff result out the blue surrounded by shit performances plastering over the cracks .

Decisions going for WBA while decisions are starting to go against us, hmm.

Notice how similar it was when we were top in the Prem, and then from February onwards, decisions started going against us and FOR Man U ?

It was the origin of the claim that referees would play until Man U score.

Paranoid ? Maybe, but I remember how often it happened.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fukin iPhone

1st best allowed the cross in

2nd never a pen lineman

3rd didn't clear area was down the other end couldn't see

I know you don't rate Carroll but it would be pretty shit for morale if you score two, almost have another two (post and off the line) and in the following match you are dropped.

Best is the new signing, he'll be played for some time yet. It's just the way it goes.

I know that, just saying that it was pretty fair for Carroll to start and Best will continue to be given his chance as the new guy. Hughton clearly saw something in the Best/Carroll partnership and kept everything the same. Presumably he thought Lovenkrands would be a good option from the bench as he was in the last game.

We might think the 5-1 was a one-off, but had Hughton changed the team and the result was still a 3-0 defeat he'd be getting even more grief. If the team plays well and wins as comprehensively as Friday night, the starting XI deserves to stay together IMO.

Well no - its a fair point.

Theres no basis to claim Colo is the better defender than Taylor atall, so its not really no.

Thats not what I was saying was a fair point.

That Colo and Taylor absent from the side is disatrous for this team.

Guest manomush

Humiliating...

bollick's game's like this happen get a grip and calm doon

Calm down? It was a one word post ffs. :lol: I feel personally humiliated at the score.

Oh and learn to f***ing spell before lecturing someone. :thup:

yet another sad childish cunt ,learn to spell that is your best shot have you played football in your life

I know that, just saying that it was pretty fair for Carroll to start and Best will continue to be given his chance as the new guy. Hughton clearly saw something in the Best/Carroll partnership and kept everything the same. Presumably he thought Lovenkrands would be a good option from the bench as he was in the last game.

We might think the 5-1 was a one-off, but had Hughton changed the team and the result was still a 3-0 defeat he'd be getting even more grief.

Nolan has to be dropped for games where we play 4-4-2 IMO..his lack of fitness and mobility leaves us wanting when we're under the cosh...Smith for Nolan is the ideal change as Smith shores up the back 4,and that would probably give Guthrie more freedom too.

Humiliating...

True, but it was the manner of it that was so worrying.

they got the run of the ball tonight,that's life we were not humiliated

Let's disagree on that, eh ? ;)

And manomush, cut the unnecessary abuse. No need for it, man.

He's just disagreed, thats all.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Humiliating...

Calm down? It was a one word post ffs. :lol: I feel personally humiliated at the score.

Oh and learn to f***ing spell before lecturing someone. :thup:

yet another sad childish c*** ,learn to spell that is your best shot have you played football in your life

:lol: :lol:

You give all the credit to the defence and totally disregard the fact that Hughton opted for a 4-5-1 in a lot of those games? How come?

Smith is clearly going to have to be in there without fail. He's not great but I dunno ... maybe that goofy scowl actually gets to some of the opposition. Away from home if we do play a 4-4-2 Nolan can under no circumstances be one of the two. If Nolan plays then it has to be a 4-5-1.

Otherwise I'm not sure it will matter who is in our back four to be honest with you.

It definitely matters who is in our back four. We had a settled, quality back four and noone was scoring against us.

When Taylor got injured earlier in the season we patched up the defence and dropped points to QPR and Forest.

He's got injured again and we're dropping points again.

We have kept clean sheets all season regardless of formation because of a very good defence at this level. Three of them are injured and we have replaced them with three players who barely know each other, all new to the club and all of a lower standard. We have leaked three goals.

I predict that our results will pick up when Enrique and Colo are back. Until then, we just have to hope this lot can hold the fort as it's a very makeshift, thrown together defence.

I think you are doing a big mis-service to the role of players who defend from the front. Smith and Carroll for all their faults are good in the air at set pieces particularly. Van Aanholt too is a good player but he's not Enrique when it comes to defending. All these things have to be taken into consideration by the manager. It's not just about us playing lovely football, it's about stopping the other team as well. We aren't Barcelona in case anyone needed reminding, we are a crap team that got relegated last season.