Agent claims Given reneged on City commission

Thespence

Guest toonlass

If he'd waited any longer, chances are Man City would have simply bought another keeper. Was the right time for him, just crap for us.

:mackems:

If he'd waited any longer, chances are Man City would have simply bought another keeper. Was the right time for him, just crap for us.

he could probably have gone earlier had he put a transfer request in when he decided he wanted away instead of doing everything bar to try and get as much cash as possible.

Guest toonlass

:thup:

That is absolute shite. Which keeper were they going to sign? It was the end of the transfer window when he signed. He could have signed in the summer, Man City would have waited 4 months if they really wanted him. All Shay was interested in was himself, and he let us down by shit-stirring, lying to the fans and then engineering an injury to keep him out of the Man City game before signing for them.

That is absolute s****. Which keeper were they going to sign? It was the end of the transfer window when he signed. He could have signed in the summer, Man City would have waited 4 months if they really wanted him. All Shay was interested in was himself, and he let us down by s***-stirring, lying to the fans and then engineering an injury to keep him out of the Man City game before signing for them.

Pretty much all of that is speculation.

End of the transfer window when he signed yes. Could have been negotiating for a while. If he said no early on they would have looked elsewhere.

A team with Man City's money could have got almost any keeper. They weren't going to wait around.

It's really not as simple as saying 'no I don't want to sign at the moment but can you please buy me in summer? Pretty pleeeaaasssseee!?'

That is absolute s****. Which keeper were they going to sign? It was the end of the transfer window when he signed. He could have signed in the summer, Man City would have waited 4 months if they really wanted him. All Shay was interested in was himself, and he let us down by s***-stirring, lying to the fans and then engineering an injury to keep him out of the Man City game before signing for them.

End of the transfer window when he signed yes. Could have been negotiating for a while. If he said no early on they would have looked elsewhere.

A team with Man City's money could have got almost any keeper. They weren't going to wait around.

It's really not as simple as saying 'no I don't want to sign at the moment but can you please buy me in summer? Pretty pleeeaaasssseee!?'

it is that simple that he could have put in a transfer request when he wanted to leave as opposed to having his solicitor issuing statements that would leave given to still pick up his bonus.

Who gives a shit about Shay Given...seriously? Have we missed him? Does he miss us? The answer is no, he's now a loyal and devoted Manchester City player and as such can fuck off and rot in the north west as far as I am concerned. If he gets replaced by Buffoon all the better. We have better prospects coming through anyway.

Guest toonlass

No, its not speculation. Given was reported as saying he was happy at the club and had no plans to leave in mid-december. By the first of January his "representative" who was also his lawer said that he wanted to move. Given made no comment to refute that, so in the space of 2 weeks he has turned full circle. Manchester City could have got any keeper but they didn't want any keeper, they wanted Given. Shay Given wanted his loyalty bonus from Newcastle and so wouldn't hand in a transfer request until it was made clear to him that he wouldn't be leaving unless he backed down. He finally handed in a transfer request and pulled out of the squad for the game against Man City with an "injury" that hadn't bothered him before and mysteriously disappeared when he moved. I have no doubts had Shay Given said "I want to finish the job at Newcastle" that Man City would have waited until the summer for him, I mean they hadn't bothered trying to get any other keeper in when it looked like Shay was going to stay here did they? But I reckon that it had already been decided at the start of January that Shay would join City, that Shay and City had it all agreed and that he just had to get Ashley to agree to a fee.

No, its not speculation. Given was reported as saying he was happy at the club and had no plans to leave in mid-december. By the first of January his "representative" who was also his lawer said that he wanted to move. Given made no comment to refute that, so in the space of 2 weeks he has turned full circle. Manchester City could have got any keeper but they didn't want any keeper, they wanted Given. Shay Given wanted his loyalty bonus from Newcastle and so wouldn't hand in a transfer request until it was made clear to him that he wouldn't be leaving unless he backed down. He finally handed in a transfer request and pulled out of the squad for the game against Man City with an "injury" that hadn't bothered him before and mysteriously disappeared when he moved. I have no doubts had Shay Given said "I want to finish the job at Newcastle" that Man City would have waited until the summer for him, I mean they hadn't bothered trying to get any other keeper in when it looked like Shay was going to stay here did they? But I reckon that it had already been decided at the start of January that Shay would join City, that Shay and City had it all agreed and that he just had to get Ashley to agree to a fee.

Or maybe ashley and llambias pulled him out because they were worried about him getting injured? Suddenly Ashley and co are not the bad guys, eh? It would be typical of ashley and that liar llambias to pin it on Given.

The rest is also unfounded, total bollocks.

Guest toonlass

Or maybe ashley and llambias pulled him out because they were worried about him getting injured? Suddenly Ashley and co are not the bad guys, eh? It would be typical of ashley and that liar llambias to pin it on Given.

How? The quotes are all in this thread and the other Given bottler thread, showing that he said he was happy, then his lawyer made his "Statement" and the rest as they say is history!

Who said Ashley and Co are not bad guys, but the squad who played in 2008/2009 need to shoulder some blame for us being relegated. Shay Given bottled it, and went where the money was.

How? The quotes are all in this thread and the other Given bottler thread, showing that he said he was happy, then his lawyer made his "Statement" and the rest as they say is history!

Who said Ashley and Co are not bad guys, but the squad who played in 2008/2009 need to shoulder some blame for us being relegated. Shay Given bottled it, and went where the money was.

He obviously changed his mind after the liverpool defeat. What's so baffling about that??

Given said during his first man city press conference that the club made him do things that he didn't want to do. You can workout what he was talking about, right? (If not, read my previous post again!) I wonder why the Given haters are turning a blind eye on this one.  :rolleyes:

All this argument about a player waiting until the end of the season to move on is just bollocks anyway. The closest transfer window was in january, why stay for longer when you're not happy with the direction the club is taking? Do you think he's a fool or something? No...he's a bloody world class keeper with a bit of ambition.

And he didn't leave for the money (not solely anyway), he left because man city had far bigger ambitions than us. It's so bloody obvious, ffs! Would you be saying the same thing had he moved to man utd, arsenal etc? Or don't they pay well enough?

I have no doubts had Shay Given said "I want to finish the job at Newcastle"

What job to finish at Newcastle?? To save us from relegation? What.... in december and january we were in a relegation fight??

To qualify for Europe?  What nonesense is this?

It's obvious.... the club was going nowhere, so he decided to leave! Simple!

Guest toonlass

He obviously changed his mind after the liverpool defeat. What's so baffling about that??

Given said during his first man city press conference that the club made him do things that he didn't want to do. You can workout what he was talking about, right? (If not, read my previous post again!) I wonder why the Given haters are turning a blind eye on this one.  :rolleyes:

All this argument about a player waiting until the end of the season to move on is just bollocks anyway. The closest transfer window was in january, why stay for longer when you're not happy with the direction the club is taking? Do you think he's a fool or something? No...he's a bloody world class keeper with a bit of ambition.

And he didn't leave for the money (not solely anyway), he left because man city had far bigger ambitions than us. It's so bloody obvious, ffs! Would you be saying the same thing had he moved to man utd, arsenal etc? Or don't they pay well enough?

What job to finish at Newcastle?? To save us from relegation? What.... in december and january we were in a relegation fight??

Bloody hell, how much did you drink over Christmas 2008? Enough to blank your memory for the whole of January? Given shafted us big style. There were plenty of us worried in January 2009 and as a senior member of the squad Shay Given would have known that we had a tough 4 months ahead. He fucked off to city, after trying to hold Newcastle to ransom for a fucking loyalty fee (despite him handing a transfer request in when he lost his place earlier on in his Newcastle career) just so he could jump ship to the latest big-money club. The way he went about leaving Newcastle was an absolute joke. And what had the club asked him to do? Become a paedophile? Beat up his father? Shag his missus' sister? No, he was being paid an awful lot of money to be a goalkeeper and he went off to man city for nothing more than the money. I would love to see Buffon come in and relegate Shay to the bench.

Who gives a s*** about Shay Given...seriously? Have we missed him? Does he miss us? The answer is no, he's now a loyal and devoted Manchester City player and as such can f*** off and rot in the north west as far as I am concerned. If he gets replaced by Buffoon all the better. We have better prospects coming through anyway.

Spot on. Forget him. Truth is he wasn't that great a keeper in the first place. Even in his peak form for us there were plenty on here questioning his weaknesses and whether overall he was as good as his reputation suggested.

I'll always remember him as being a decent goalkeeper for us who looked a good shot stopper on certain days, but was far from the complete package.

Guest toonlass

You talk as if you fucking followed him around for 2 months. You cannot guarantee any of that rubbish.

Facts publically stated:

In December he said he wanted to stay at Newcastle

December 28th We got slaughtered by Liverpool

2nd January window Given's "Lawyer" said he wanted to leave

Given was told he couldn't leave by Newcastle and Newcastle said he was the best keeper in the league

Given didn't put a transfer request

26th January Mark Hughes said he wanted Given

28th January Given left out of Newcastle squad with an "injury" that hadn't stopped him training, and cleared up as soon as he joined City

30th January Given handed in a transfer request

Given joines city

Given whinges about being forced to do things to be able to leave Newcastle (he had to hand in a transfer request when he didn't want to lose his loyalty bonus so he could leave)

Dispute these publically known facts if you want.

Who gives a s*** about Shay Given...seriously? Have we missed him? Does he miss us? The answer is no, he's now a loyal and devoted Manchester City player and as such can f*** off and rot in the north west as far as I am concerned. If he gets replaced by Buffoon all the better. We have better prospects coming through anyway.

Says it all really.

We have better prospects coming through anyway.

Prospects mean fuck all as Ben Alnwick was as good a GK as either Krul or FF at youth/reserve level but so far it has not really worked out for him at 1st team level.

Bloody hell, how much did you drink over Christmas 2008? Enough to blank your memory for the whole of January? Given shafted us big style. There were plenty of us worried in January 2009 and as a senior member of the squad Shay Given would have known that we had a tough 4 months ahead. He fucked off to city, after trying to hold Newcastle to ransom for a fucking loyalty fee (despite him handing a transfer request in when he lost his place earlier on in his Newcastle career) just so he could jump ship to the latest big-money club. The way he went about leaving Newcastle was an absolute joke. And what had the club asked him to do? Become a paedophile? Beat up his father? Shag his missus' sister? No, he was being paid an awful lot of money to be a goalkeeper and he went off to man city for nothing more than the money. I would love to see Buffon come in and relegate Shay to the bench.

Nice spin. :rolleyes:

Nice spin. :rolleyes:

Spin? No spin needed, Given saw the bright lights and fat wedge and jumped ship when we needed him most. End of.

Guest malandro

Let’s say this is true. Let’s ignore the 354 times he turned out for the club, the quality of his performances while he was here, the way he conducted himself, the work he did for charity. Let’s just judge him on the timing and manner and his exit.

Shay is one of the best keepers in Europe. He’s not a Geordie. He’s a professional with a career and a family to consider.  Last January NUFC were a complete shambles. Embarrassing, chaotic and clearly going nowhere for years. It wasn’t one of our normal troubled periods; it was the mother of all f*** ups.  He could have stuck around and risked losing what may very well have been his last chance to play for a club that offered him a chance to win the trophy his talent and dedication deserve. He could have told Man City to shove the financial security they were offering him up their arse, gambled his future on Ashley getting it right at SJP. But he didn’t because unlike you and me he has choice which club he associates himself with; he doesn’t have to let his heart rule his head.

I’m not the only supporter who has questioned why I bother with NUFC since Mr Ashley rolled into town with his tank parking antics and his penis flashing sidekick. Why the f*** anyone thinks Shay Given would/should have put up with anymore s*** at SJP is beyond me. He’d have to have been a complete fuckwit to hang about when he had an offer to join an ambitious club that doesn’t need to shut down the escalators to save money.

Very few players have served NUFC for as long or to such a consistently high standard as Shay Given. Some might choose to slag him off because of some half baked s**** they came across in the media. Myself and many others prefer to judge him on his whole Newcastle career, appreciate what he did when he was here and wish him the best of luck for the future.