Holy crap I'm gonna visit Newcastle for the first time!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Would recommend the Strawberry as well.  Not that I live in Newcastle, but I have been before and enjoyed a pint there and thought it was good - and it's directly across from the steps of SJP.  I think when Toonlass mentioned that it was a "tourist experience" she meant more along the lines of it just being a great experience if you're passing through, not that it's like a TGI Fridays or something.  I think it'd be well worth stopping in to grab a pint if you're okay dealing with crowds.  Also, it's hard to miss the stadium, if I remember correctly it's got to be close to the tallest building there, it stands out like a (beautiful) sore thumb in the skyline.

I'd rather go to Whitley Bay then Fenham, I must admit myself I'm not a Whitley person but if you want a bit of a cheap night out in the clubs etc then theirs not much better.

or stop in the city centre as its cheap enough and walking distance to everywhere...jeez man he's after advice and you're arguing about shitty suburbs.

YBG........when do you get here ? friday night is good, pre match will get the buzz, saturday post match you'll enjoy, sunday afternoon after the night before is always good. enjoy! it's a very compact city centre so its all quite close.

One of the best things about Newcastle imo.  Love the fact you can walk practically anywhere within 20 mins.

Awesome, thanks WBCP.  Those places easy enough to find?

The more I'm looking at Leazes Corner, the better it looks, tbh.  Is the East stand worth looking at?

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/245/81095796.png

They're all on the same road, literally a few doors apart each.

I know some on here opt for the Trent House, which you'll see just to the left of the Traffic box.

really ought to add rosies and the newcastle arms in there if you want to be that close to the ground and deffo the strawberry.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Ah of course.  Thank God for, well, God.  I'm assuming adidas store will be open that day, but just in case, anybody know a good shop that would have kits, scarves, and the like?  I could go to adidas or one of the chains, but if there's a good local place I'd love to check that out as well...

Ah of course.  Thank God for, well, God.  I'm assuming adidas store will be open that day, but just in case, anybody know a good shop that would have kits, scarves, and the like?  I could go to adidas or one of the chains, but if there's a good local place I'd love to check that out as well...

club shops in the centre of town, 10mins walk from SJP.

Guest firetotheworks

Just look for the big monument and you cant miss it.

Or the one in SJP

that could be peasepud.

Ah of course. Thank God for, well, God. I'm assuming adidas store will be open that day, but just in case, anybody know a good shop that would have kits, scarves, and the like? I could go to adidas or one of the chains, but if there's a good local place I'd love to check that out as well...

The Adidas store will be open, their is also 2 more NUFC stores in the city centre (no doubt you will come across all 3), another in the Metrocentre if you go there, plenty of other shops sell NUFC kits aswell. It's worth noting SJP do tours aswell, but not on a match day I believe.

Guest campbell93

The Adidas store will be open, their is also 2 more NUFC stores in the city centre (no doubt you will come across all 3), another in the Metrocentre if you go there, plenty of other shops sell NUFC kits aswell. It's worth noting SJP do tours aswell, but not on a match day I believe.

When we beat Pompey 3-0 a few years ago in the cup, I went on one which was on the matchday.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

is the tour worth it?  who leads it?  just some club employee or do they get a former player like rob lee to do it?  i'm sure gascoigne could use the money...

is the tour worth it?  who leads it?  just some club employee or do they get a former player like rob lee to do it?  i'm sure gascoigne could use the money...

Some random guy does it.. he was alright tbh, it's canny.

Guest Roger Kint

Awesome, thanks WBCP.  Those places easy enough to find?

The more I'm looking at Leazes Corner, the better it looks, tbh.  Is the East stand worth looking at?

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/245/81095796.png

They're all on the same road, literally a few doors apart each.

I know some on here opt for the Trent House, which you'll see just to the left of the Traffic box.

Why is there a giant cock emerging from the LC?  :fishing:

As mentioned the pubs around the ground(Strawberry, Trent, Shearers etc) are always busy and worth a look. You wont go wrong with many places in the city centre though as Haymarket, Central and the Gate offer different things depending on what you are looking for. Last time i was in the 3 Bulls it was a cracking atmosphere mind.

gascoigne could use the cash but you'd never leave shearers bar. better off in the pub getting the atmosphere than the tour if it's a choice.

It'll be worth doing the tour, it allows you to see what the whole ground is like since you'll only get the one perspective at the game. If you do go in the LC make sure your mates don't mind standing for the full game and having everyone going mental when (if) we score. If that sounds appealing then get yourself up there  :thup: