Bellamy charms another manager

OzzieMandias

Guest Stephen927

This is Mancini's way of trying to impose himself on the dressing room, by going against probably the biggest personality in it.

Aye as it wouldnt be Bellamy imploding :rolleyes:

Bellamy is the obvious choice to have a bust-up with if you want to get a message across to the fans, the players and the owners. Show that you don't take crap from a dressing room full of stars, my way or the highway, etc...

I really like Bellamy for some reason, I don't really mind about his occasional ego attacks. It's just the price you pay for his aggressive character.

He was well loved by fans etc etc etc but his natural arseholiness soured everything.

No surprise his mates were equal sufferers from extreme arseholiness - Jenas and Dyer.

Guest neesy111

bellamy is city's most important player, mancini deserve's shooting for getting rid

this is probably why city's form has went down recently as well

Guess that question about what a manager should do comes up again and again with players like Bellamy.

Should the manager get rid of the bad apples to keep general dressing room harmony, or should he manage and put up with the big characters because they're good players?

Souness obviously had the first view, be interesting to see what Mancini thinks.

Guess that question about what a manager should do comes up again and again with players like Bellamy.

Should the manager get rid of the bad apples to keep general dressing room harmony, or should he manage and put up with the big characters because they're good players?

Souness obviously had the first view, be interesting to see what Mancini thinks.

Its a conundrum all managers have. Some are big enough to handle it no problem, some ars*holes just keep popping up causing more trouble than they're worth though.

Funny how often they're ex-Newcastle though isnt it ?

Guest LeeDavidMatthews

pay cut lol. watch them cry then

He is running ouit of clubs to cause trouble at.

Expect him to sign for Leeds or someone like that in the pre season

Bloke is fucked in the head.

He'll not be going to Leeds unless they get bought by some magnanimous billionaire or he accepts a 95 percent pay cut.

He would have suited Leeds about 40 years ago.

We all know he's a little shit but on his day he's an excellent player and would walk into nearly all the teams in the Premiership. It does sounds like he has a point here if he thought the coach was risking him getting injured though.

Someone mentioned that some managers will put up with players like this and others, such as Souness won't. I can't find them now but I'm sure there's some quotes from Bobby about having to manage personalities like Romario when they bring something special to the team. Having to choose between the Robson and Souness schools of management doesn't seem a very difficult choice to me.

We all know he's a little shit but on his day he's an excellent player and would walk into nearly all the teams in the Premiership. It does sounds like he has a point here if he thought the coach was risking him getting injured though.

Someone mentioned that some managers will put up with players like this and others, such as Souness won't. I can't find them now but I'm sure there's some quotes from Bobby about having to manage personalities like Romario when they bring something special to the team. Having to choose between the Robson and Souness schools of management doesn't seem a very difficult choice to me.

Not many managers are as good at handling difficult players as SBR. The fact he was willing to take a risk on them, and could make it pay off, was one of the reasons we ended up with Bellamy and Robert. Many clubs wouldn't have touched them at that time. Or wouldn't have kept them long.

I remember SBR saying that Robert was the most difficult the most difficult player he'd managed after Romario.

Guest guinness_fiend

Bloke is f***ed in the head.

Yeah, that'll happen. He'll go to another top 6 or 7 club.

Yep - he's always going to be worth a punt.  His reputation has kept his transfer fee reasonably low for someone who is a proven goalscorer, so even if City decide to get cut their losses and get rid of him for, say £10m, he'll have teams queuing up.

Bloke is f***ed in the head.

Yeah, that'll happen. He'll go to another top 6 or 7 club.

Well, he's already ticked Liverpool and Chelsea North off the list, I can't see Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U going for him. That leaves Spurs or Villa. He's already played for Martin O'Neill, who has to my memory shown no desire of wishing to be reunited with him but you never know. Meanwhile, Bellamy and 'Arry doesn't feel like a marriage made in heaven.