Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I haven't seen him play all that much but was watching West Ham on the weekend and Mark Noble looked a good player.

Would be curious to know what people on here would think of us going in for him if West Ham go down.

Yeah from the little I have seen he looks a decent young player.

I haven't seen him play all that much but was watching West Ham on the weekend and Mark Noble looked a good player.

Would be curious to know what people on here would think of us going in for him if West Ham go down.

Yeah from the little I have seen he looks a decent young player.

He seems to have been around since the dawn of time yet he is only 22, how very odd. Anyhoo, he is a decent player. Think we could get better like.

We need to sign Hulk to compliment Spiderman.

Would love to see Hulk playing in a top league, to be honest. Every time I see him play he seems to be progressing and gaining confidence.

He got banned for fighting in the tunnel so he would no doubt be accepted by messers Barton and Carroll with open arms  :lol:

He got banned for fighting in the tunnel so he would no doubt be accepted by messers Barton and Carroll with open arms  :lol:

Excellent, 1 more thug and they can have a couple of tag teams.

Considering that our anticipated budget might be quite low, I would think that we may have to lower our expectations on who we might sign.

Personally, I think if we sold Best and bought someone like Fletcher from Burnley, we would have enough firepower to stay up.

My main concern is at the back where Taylor and Collocini have failed at the top level before and there are no guarantees it wont happen again, whilst Simpson is a risk at right back. I would prefer to see us buy a couple of seasoned, tried and tested professionals at the back, perhaps from overseas, to ensure we are more stable there.

Obviously, we would need to sell some and buy others but I see the defence as the priority.

Would people take Hugo Viana from Valencia on loan or for a small fee? (as a playmaker, not a left winger)

I know he's apparently playing well for Braga this year, but I doubt he's really changed from the last time he was here, and he must be pretty low down the pecking order at Valencia

he is 29...so if he really support newcastle now isn´t a bad time to come!

A signing like that would help us getting better players i believe....if we are willing to pay them enough!

....sadly i can´t see it happen :no:

Guest BooBoo

Would people take Hugo Viana from Valencia on loan or for a small fee? (as a playmaker, not a left winger)

I know he's apparently playing well for Braga this year, but I doubt he's really changed from the last time he was here, and he must be pretty low down the pecking order at Valencia

He wasn't even that good the first time round. Looked completely unsuited to the Premier League.

Sometime reading this thread you think "there is nee chance were gan get him like" but to fair most punts on here are reasonable when you consider http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=386&fid=185&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122039189

The funny thing is that they reckon Berbatov wouldn't even be that good.  :facepalm:

The way he plays at Man U, I'd give him 5 games before the home crowd turned on him :pow:

He wasn't even that good the first time round. Looked completely unsuited to the Premier League.

Only because he was played out of position. Should have been played in the centre not the wing.

This.

Only because he was played out of position. Should have been played in the centre not the wing.