NUFC's Most succesfull manager ever = Hughton

Rob W

if only to save the pay-off............. 

and he might surprise everyone - even Mad Sir Alex started out somewhere

Brilliant, Hughton in the same breath as Ferguson! I've heard it all now!

Ferguson was one game away from the sack in his first season at Man U..................

Guest neesy111

if only to save the pay-off............. 

and he might surprise everyone - even Mad Sir Alex started out somewhere

Brilliant, Hughton in the same breath as Ferguson! I've heard it all now!

Ferguson was one game away from the sack in his first season at Man U..................

also he was one game away when utd won the cup in 1990

I agree - Hughton definately deserves more praise than what he gets.

Whilst alot of us would agree he shouldn't be given the role were we to get promoted, I think it's about time we began vocally backing him because

a) He deserves it and

b) What better way to start a tough Premiership campaign, than by being United on as many fronts as possible and fighting his corner for him.

One team, one club, one United. :coolsmiley:

Guest neesy111

Whilst alot of us would agree he shouldn't be given the role were we to get promoted, I think it's about time we began vocally backing him because

a) He deserves it and

b) What better way to start a tough Premiership campaign, than by being United on as many fronts as possible and fighting his corner for him.

sorry, but if he thinks that a majority of the team is good enough in the premiership over the summer, he'll deserve the sack

a) He deserves it and

sorry, but if he thinks that a majority of the team is good enough in the premiership over the summer, he'll deserve the sack

Aye, but the transfer window shuts 3 or 4 games into the season, and with all this shite surrounding the ownership of the club, I would imagine it'll be last minute dealings regardless. I cannot think of a worse way of starting our season than changing gaffa 4 games in.

a) He deserves it and

What the fuck else is he supposed to say? "If we go up we'll have to ship out half the team because they're championship standard cloggers. We'll be looking to bring in some genuine permier league quality players if/when we go up because we know the likes of Best, Nolan, Butt, Smith and Ameobi won't be able to hack the pace."

I imagine that'd do wonders for moral and team spirit.

"we have the best squad in the division"

look at posts in July - October - not many people on here agreed with that..............

because people underestimated the shitness of this league.

Or people just like a good old moan.

Start of the season "we are going down again with this lot, Hughton in charge fucking hell!"

We do well "shit, erm.... well the league is a lot shitter than expected and we are top because of that".

;)

Hughton will have EARNED the right to manage Newcastle United in the top-flight next season and we as fans are in no position to deny him that right other than to piss and moan about it on internet forums because he doesn't match up to what we consider to be the right man. Which begs the question - just who the fuck is the right man!? The number of managers we have went through over the years should teach us one thing - that there is no such person.

Roeder did brilliantly for half a season to get us 7th but it was still pretty obvious to most that he wasn't the right man long term. I respect Hughton greatly for what he's done so far, he's got a long way to go to convince me he's good enough though.

Hughton comes across a lot better (not just personality wise, or his reluctance to refer to himself in the third person, but in terms of talking sense) than Roeder ever did, in my opinion.

Yeah he's less of a prick but Roeder's achievements were more impressive imo (not to discredit Hughton). The difference between the start of that season and the end was insane.

agreed, was nothing short of a miracle to get us a european spot. roeder's achievements then outweight hughton's now as he did it in a better league. which is why for me 'earning' a shot at managing us shouldn't come into it. either you think hughton is the right man to lead us for the next 3 or so seasons, minimum, or he is not. no point pissing around with a manager you are not sure about on the premise that he has 'earned' the role. if we go up, yeah, he probably does, in a perfect world, deserve a shot at the premiership, his rightful reward. but everyone knew roeder wasnt the man for the job and we made a mistake with him out of some misguided sense of loyalty. if hughton stays on next season d id hope it is because he shows he is a capable manager for the future, not because of anything he's done in the past.

Some here seem to forget that Roeder had a far far better squad than Hughton has and ever will have. Roeder was very lucky in having many players available back from injury who weren't available for Souness (Souness was shit, though). Also Roeder had fairly "easy" teams to play against. And of course, like often said, almost every manager has his "honeymoon period" which Roeder certainly had.

he was also managing in the premiership. in terms of relative quality to the league they were/are playing in, Hughton's got a far, far better squad than Roeder ever had.

Given

Carr

Bramble

Moore

Elliott

Solano >> our current side (even in terms of relative qualitiy to the leagues imo)

Dyer

Parker

N'Zogbia

Shearer

Ameobi

That is absolutely mental. By the way, team that started against West Brom in a 3-1 win at home was this:

Given; Carr, Moore, Bramble, Babayaro; Solano, Faye, N'Zogbia, Pattison; Ameobi, Chopra.

Only difference for a 1-1 draw at home to Chelsea on the last day of the season was Emre in for Pattison.

Guest neesy111

a) He deserves it and

What the fuck else is he supposed to say? "If we go up we'll have to ship out half the team because they're championship standard cloggers. We'll be looking to bring in some genuine permier league quality players if/when we go up because we know the likes of Best, Nolan, Butt, Smith and Ameobi won't be able to hack the pace."

well he had the chance to bring players in january, a decent CM was needed and what did we get that panic signing leon best!

also the fact he continuely pack's the midfield up away from home, which actually make's us worse, something he clearly can't say

People have been moaning about our defensive approach to away games, then pulled themselves off when we finally looked attacking against Derby, that worked well....

Maybe hughton understands this sides frailties on the road, we have a lot of "homers" in this squad, lovenkrands being a prime example.

"Already badly damaged tin hat on"

Ranger holds the ball up a lot better (as does best from what I have seen) but if shola is out Carroll is the biggest goal threat. We would keep the ball a lot better with ranger but at the moment I think we would struggle to score anything.

it's a tough one but I think I would still go shola then Carroll in a 4-5-1 because those look like they could have a chance of getting on the end of something.

Guest jonlane86

I can't believe people thought we were going to go down!

:lol:

We'd have been right down there if we had Kinnear.

Wholeheartedly disagree, i don't think we would have gone down if JFK didn't have his health issues.

a) He deserves it and

What the f*** else is he supposed to say? "If we go up we'll have to ship out half the team because they're championship standard cloggers. We'll be looking to bring in some genuine permier league quality players if/when we go up because we know the likes of Best, Nolan, Butt, Smith and Ameobi won't be able to hack the pace."

that's what Fat Fred would have said... and quite a few of our previous managers......

I can't believe people thought we were going to go down!

:lol:

We'd have been right down there if we had Kinnear.

Wholeheartedly disagree, i don't think we would have gone down if JFK didn't have his health issues.

Arguably not, we might have squeezed another point out of somewhere without all the managerial changes late in the day.

In the Championship though. 1, he's a fucking woefully inept and abysmal manager. 2, we wouldn't have hung onto as many players as we did. 3, we wouldn't have attracted anything like the imports we have done.

kinnear wouldve kept us up. despite the fact he should never have been offered the job and that he is an idiot, hes not a terrible manager and wouldve done better than hughton and shearer.

I also think he would have kept us up. We might have drawn some games like Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd or certainly would have won against at least one of Fulham or Portsmouth. And even if it would have come to the last day of the season I think we would have fought more for a point vs Aston Villa as like we did/not did under Shearer.

kinnear wouldve kept us up. despite the fact he should never have been offered the job and that he is an idiot, hes not a terrible manager and wouldve done better than hughton and shearer.

Not being arsey - i'd just like to see you justify that. We had a top 8 side last season. He had us loitering around at the foot of the table.