NUFC's Most succesfull manager ever = Hughton

Rob W

It really isn't.

How can you compare a manager at the beginning of his career showing a very positive start to two senior players (he himself has had no fear in dropping) who are apparently on the wane.

Chalk and farking cheese.

People seem quite happy to compare performance in the Championship with possible performance in the Premiership, again chalk and cheese.

Nope, all I see from the positive crowd are people speculating that as Hughton has done well it may not be diabolical to allow him to continue his progress as a manager if we get promoted.

Look I dont agree with you, I like Hughtons influence on the club, but to help your arguement, rather than Nolan, why not compare him with Ranger.

First proper season, part of a winning team despite the odd mistakes, and may not make the step up. The only problem is, we can't send Hughton out on loan. We stick by him or lose him.

If we make it up, unless Wenger fancies a new challenge, I'd go with the first option.

Get promoted.....give Chrissy a pat on the back......remove all traces of him from the football club.

I don't see why he couldn't be kept on as a coach.

Not a chance he doesn't fancy himself as a manager by now. He'll only go if we sack him.

:lol: Perhaps I worded it slightly harshly

Seriously however if he lets himself be demoted to a coach he really is a rather weak human being.

Or someone who knows his limits.

He wouldn't win no matter what he decided to do with some though.

Surely if he succeeds in winning promotion with us he should be looking to further his career as a manager. I hope he does takes over another championship team next season if we go up, just don't want to risk a Premier league season with him in charge.

I'd have a massive amount of respect for him if he stepped down in the summer tbh.

I'll not ask who you think we would get in as a replacement as it's a pointless question.

I'm not confident that we would get anybody who is much better, I'm not sure that those running the club could even recognise what makes a good manager.  I might not rate Hughton too highly but I'm not sure that we'd make the right managerial choice if he did leave, that would be for a different thread though.

Guest toonlass

Not when you are around showing the world that it's true!

Like I said, that's a reflection on you because I've never said that but you've implied that it's true.

Does it shite!  :lol:

Guest Chris P

Tell you what, when KK was here the 1st time was he getting the plaudits he deserved back then or were people saying let's just wait and see how he does halfway through a premier league season!! Were they hell, they were singing his name and calling him all the best things under the sun! Hughton has done a great job under extreme pressure from all the crap that had gone on in the boardroom etc... Kk had unity and a whole new backing when he was here that season

hughton has done a fantastic job, then throw in the ridiculous circumstances he has had to work in and it makes it an even better job.

People need to get off his back a bit and appreciate the job he's done. He can only beat the opposition put in front of him   

Hughton Top Flight Record:

2006-07

Man United (a) 6-0 defeat

2007-08

Hull City (h) 1-2 defeat

West Ham United (a) 3-1 defeat

Blackburn Rovers (h) 1-2 defeat

Everton (a) 2-2 draw

West Bromwich Albion (a) 3-2 win

Everton (h) 0-0 draw

Bolton (h) 0-1 defeat

Man United (h) 1-2 defeat

Hull City (a) 1-1 draw

Arsenal (h) 1-3 defeat

So lets judge Chris on the opposition he's been given in top flight management

Played - 11

Won - 1

Drawn - 3

Lost - 7

Goals for - 11

Goals against - 24

Clean Sheets - 1

That is a possible 6 points out of 33, 6 of those games we were playing 'beatable' opposition, and thats not including Everton at home which at the time I thought was a shoe in.

I wouldn't blame anyone for having doubts after looking at those stats.

That was Pearson. I don't believe Hughton was even at the club at that time.

oops

hahaha

Nope, all I see from the positive crowd are people speculating that as Hughton has done well it may not be diabolical to allow him to continue his progress as a manager if we get promoted.

Your the one making the wacky comparisons. Look I dont agree with you, I like Hughtons influence on the club, but to help your arguement, rather than Nolan, why not compare him with Ranger.

First proper season, part of a winning team despite the odd mistakes, and may not make the step up. The only problem is, we can't send Hughton out on loan. We stick by him or lose him.

If we make it up, unless Wenger fancies a new challenge, I'd go with the first option.

"The positive crowd" :lol:

Would you like to be relying on Ranger next season for Premiership survival if we go up?  I wouldn’t and I think he’s a good player who should have been given more time on the pitch than he has and I see that as one of the flaws in Hughton.  Not specifically Ranger but what he’s done in general.  I still think we should have had Kadar at left back instead of a player who will go back to Chelsea with the experience that one of our own players could have done with.  I think we could have had a better balanced side with LuaLua in it.  I know he’s only at Brighton but Poyet is signing his praises after two games and banging on about the class that LuaLua has taken to Brighton; it’s a pity that we hadn’t tried it ourselves instead of keep pushing Guthrie out of central midfield so that we could play our statuesque has-beens.

The comparison I made was meant to be wacky and that's why I used who I did.  This division is miles behind the Premiership and that's why we can still get to the top with what we've got.  What we have wasn't good enough to keep us in the Premiership and people want Hughton to manage in it because he will probably get us promoted, yet the players who will do the same aren't good enough.

How is getting promoted a good guide to the capabilities of the manager but not the players who get us promotion?

Your the one making the wacky comparisons. Look I dont agree with you, I like Hughtons influence on the club, but to help your arguement, rather than Nolan, why not compare him with Ranger.

"The positive crowd" :lol:

Would you like to be relying on Ranger next season for Premiership survival if we go up?  I wouldn’t and I think he’s a good player who should have been given more time on the pitch than he has and I see that as one of the flaws in Hughton.  Not specifically Ranger but what he’s done in general.  I still think we should have had Kadar at left back instead of a player who will go back to Chelsea with the experience that one of our own players could have done with.  I think we could have had a better balanced side with LuaLua in it.  I know he’s only at Brighton but Poyet is signing his praises after two games and banging on about the class that LuaLua has taken to Brighton; it’s a pity that we hadn’t tried it ourselves instead of keep pushing Guthrie out of central midfield so that we could play our statuesque has-beens.

The comparison I made was meant to be wacky and that's why I used who I did.  This division is miles behind the Premiership and that's why we can still get to the top with what we've got.  What we have wasn't good enough to keep us in the Premiership and people want Hughton to manage in it because he will probably get us promoted, yet the players who will do the same aren't good enough.

How is getting promoted a good guide to the capabilities of the manager but not the players who get us promotion?

I don't quite get this. So was it wrong to keep Keegan in summer '93 while loads of the players who had brought us up were released?

Most successful manager ever :lol:

I'm not a massive fan of his ability but he's done a fucking great job to get us where we are at the moment this season. Personally haven't seen enough from him to think he'd be worth keeping as manager in the prem but that's not to detract from what he's done this season.

Guest toonlass

Most successful manager ever :lol:

I'm not a massive fan of his ability but he's done a fucking great job to get us where we are at the moment this season. Personally haven't seen enough from him to think he'd be worth keeping as manager in the prem but that's not to detract from what he's done this season.

Have to say that is pretty much spot on. I am delighted at where we are now. We have loads to do for next season, but give the lad credit for what he has done.

I don't quite get this. So was it wrong to keep Keegan in summer '93 while loads of the players who had brought us up were released?

No, it wasn't wrong to keep Keegan at all. 

The point I'm trying to make with the players is that they aren't good enough for the Premiership and being top of the Championship doesn't change that, the same goes for the manager.

Imo, Hughton should stay on next year, because he deserves it for what he has achieved with us this year. At the very least for bringing back some of the clubs dignity and playing a part in getting rid of the prima donnas. I wont lie, i would love us to be playing good foorball but it cant always be like that especially next year when it will be even tougher to play good football. Lets not forget those that laughed at and slated us and lets use that as motivation to make them think twice about looking down on us again ,which is exactly what they will do if we keep changing managers. Hughton at least, deserves a crack at next season, even if this time next year we are in the relegation zone( as long as we are still with in contention of getting out and we don't have a rediculousely low points total by then).

Guest toonlass

Say anything about me. You haven't got a clue man.

It says everything about you, you're the one who can see things which aren't written.

Is it so hard for you to be happy that we are top of the league and winning games?

Is it so hard for you to be happy that we are top of the league and winning games?

Not at all, I've over the moon about that, I'm just not getting carried away that things are better than they actually are.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hughton will have EARNED the right to manage Newcastle United in the top-flight next season and we as fans are in no position to deny him that right other than to piss and moan about it on internet forums because he doesn't match up to what we consider to be the right man. Which begs the question - just who the fuck is the right man!? The number of managers we have went through over the years should teach us one thing - that there is no such person.