Is Mike Ashley steering Newcastle United in the right direction?

LooneyToonArmy

No, you're much dafter when you peddle the opinion that Ashley is somehow deliberately trying to mess up a business in which he's invested upwards of £250 million.

I don't see the word "deliberate" in there anywhere. Perhaps you can let everyone know where it is?

I said :

I see them (ashley and lamb chop) as inept wankers who have almost destroyed a football club I've supported for over 40 years due to a whole series of bad decisions.

If you think they haven't made a load of bad decisions you'll be in a very small minority.

I also said :

What they have done since is try to undermine a return to the PL right up until January.

If you think putting the club up for sale for so long and failing to sell it isn't potentially going to undermine a return the PL you are mad. Under these circumstances the players and coaching staff have done an absolutely superb job so far, despite Ashley.

I see them (ashley and lamb chop) as inept wankers who have almost destroyed a football club I've supported for over 40 years due to a whole series of bad decisions.

It's comments like this that make me :facepalm: about some of our support, football is emotive, but after 12-18months you'd hope that people would start to get a sense of perspective, particularly when other events in the footballing world unfold and shed some light on the underlying situation at every business.

Footballing-wise, there have been some horrendous mistakes made, especially the attempt to sign Harry Redknapp (wtf?!) then the doomed appointment of KK; however, it is noticeable that their decisions are improving (even if it's just because they are making fewer of them).

Business-wise, we can only really go off the numbers published at the end of every year, as we all know that the club have deliberately misled the supporters in the past. To date, the financial situation is improving, so I find it hard to fault Ashley for those decisions.

It's comments like this that make me :facepalm: about some of our support, football is emotive, but after 12-18months you'd hope that people would start to get a sense of perspective, particularly when other events in the footballing world unfold and shed some light on the underlying situation at every business.

Footballing-wise, there have been some horrendous mistakes made, especially the attempt to sign Harry Redknapp (wtf?!) then the doomed appointment of KK; however, it is noticeable that their decisions are improving (even if it's just because they are making fewer of them).

Business-wise, we can only really go off the numbers published at the end of every year, as we all know that the club have deliberately misled the supporters in the past. To date, the financial situation is improving, so I find it hard to fault Ashley for those decisions.

After over 40 years supporting this club I don't need you to tell me anything about perspective. We've been average to shite for most of that time, so I'm used to it and that is not why I think Ashley is a tosser of the highest order. It's more to do with HOW we can become shit.

I understand the financial situation across football in general, I'm not slagging Ashley for us not winning the PL, which is what the previous Board were slated for on this forum, I think he's an arse for a series of poor decisions that cost the club it's PL status. Nothing he does now is going to change history no matter how much he bleats on about putting money into the club. He made the investment and his crap decisions reduced the value of that investment, nobody else.

No, you're much dafter when you peddle the opinion that Ashley is somehow deliberately trying to mess up a business in which he's invested upwards of £250 million.

I don't see the word "deliberate" in there anywhere. Perhaps you can let everyone know where it is?

You said he had tried to undermine the club's promotion campaign. ("What they have done since is try to undermine a return to the PL right up until January.")

Trying to do something involves intent. It is a deliberate action.

If that's not what you were intending to say in that sentence, then perhaps you can explain what you were actually trying to say.

Agree with HTL tbh. What we obviously need is someone to buy the club without borrowing money, who is then prepared to pump in millions more of his/their own cash to get us where we want to be. Ashley is clearly failing to do this, I'm just absolutely disgusted that no other billionaire has come in and bought him out? What is the matter with these rich bastards FFS? It's clear as day what's needed to any toon fan yet these mega millionaires are dragging their feet to give us what we want.  :angry:

Agree with HTL tbh. What we obviously need is someone to buy the club without borrowing money, who is then prepared to pump in millions more of his/their own cash to get us where we want to be. Ashley is clearly failing to do this, I'm just absolutely disgusted that no other billionaire has come in and bought him out? What is the matter with these rich bastards FFS? It's clear as day what's needed to any toon fan yet these mega millionaires are dragging their feet to give us what we want.  :angry:

Just our luck to get one willing to spend hundreds of millions on an Evil Plan to deliberately piss off a few thousand Geordies.

Just our luck to get one willing to spend hundreds of millions on an Evil Plan to deliberately piss off a few thousand Geordies.

My mate who's ITK reckons Ashley has cunningly inserted a Cockney Wanker clause in the contract terms for any sale of the club. The clubs not for sale for less than £300m unless you have 5 years residence in London in which case you can buy it for a quid. Don't shoot me I am only the messenger.

You said he had tried to undermine the club's promotion campaign. ("What they have done since is try to undermine a return to the PL right up until January.")

Trying to do something involves intent. It is a deliberate action.

If that's not what you were intending to say in that sentence, then perhaps you can explain what you were actually trying to say.

Ok. How's this instead then, daft lad....

"What they have done is undermined a return to the PL right up until January"

:rolleyes:

When you said Laurent Robert was shite you showed how little you know mate. Nowt seems to have changed...

When you said Laurent Robert was shite you showed how little you know mate. Nowt seems to have changed...

I doubt very much I said that mate. He was one of the players I consistently stuck up for so I think you've got your wires crossed there.

I doubt very much I said that mate. He was one of the players I consistently stuck up for so I think you've got your wires crossed there.

Fine, though that doesn't make your post at the top of this quote any more relevant to the point.

So what's the problem with HTL's point???

The "whole series of bad decisions" made by the "inept wankers" led a lot of people to draw the conclusion that they were deliberately trying to destroy the club. Ashley has burned hundreds of millions of pounds before our very eyes, and there were a lot of people commenting on here, and elsewhere, that he was determined to put us into administration. I never went that far, but I'm in full agreement with HTL that the club is run by "inept wankers", and I'm not prepared to forgive and forget because we've had an amazingly successful season in the CCC despite Ashley and his cronies.

The "whole series of bad decisions" made by the "inept wankers" led a lot of people to draw the conclusion that they were deliberately trying to destroy the club.

The ineptitude is beyond question. Drawing the conclusion that were deliberately trying to destroy the club is laughable.

The "whole series of bad decisions" made by the "inept wankers" led a lot of people to draw the conclusion that they were deliberately trying to destroy the club. Ashley has burned hundreds of millions of pounds before our very eyes, and there were a lot of people commenting on here, and elsewhere, that he was determined to put us into administration. I never went that far, but I'm in full agreement with HTL that the club is run by "inept wankers", and I'm not prepared to forgive and forget because we've had an amazingly successful season in the CCC despite Ashley and his cronies.

:thup:

A sigh of relief from me. Good post, mate.

I don't bother much with this forum anymore and was starting to wonder what the hell was going on.

The "whole series of bad decisions" made by the "inept wankers" led a lot of people to draw the conclusion that they were deliberately trying to destroy the club.

The ineptitude is beyond question. Drawing the conclusion that were deliberately trying to destroy the club is laughable.

1. Did ashley deliberately buy the football club without understanding exactly what he was buying?

2. Did ashley deliberately appoint Keegan?

3. Did ashley deliberately install a system that would not possibly work with a manager of that temperament?

4. Did ashley deliberately back Wise over Keegan?

5. Did ashley deliberately appoint a bloody joke as a manager?

6. Did ashley deliberately appoint a coach as a manager?

7. Did ashley deliberately appoint Shearer as manager, a man has no previous experience, thereby showing his panic at the situation?

9. Did ashley deliberately put the club up for sale then withdraw it from sale more than once, undermining the entire football club?

10. Did ashley deliberately see a surplus of money from transfer dealings during Jan 2009?

11. Was the club relegated by 1 point at the end of that season?

Whether the bastard deliberately set out to ruin the club is not the point because nobody said that anyway, but his actions have lead to almost total ruin of the football club and there is no excuse.

1. Did ashley deliberately buy the football club without understanding exactly what he was buying?

3. Did ashley deliberately install a system that would not possibly work with a manager of that temperament?

7. Did ashley deliberately appoint Shearer as manager, a man has no previous experience, thereby showing his panic at the situation?

9. Did ashley deliberately put the club up for sale then withdraw it from sale more than once, undermining the entire football club?

10. Did ashley deliberately see a surplus of money from transfer dealings during Jan 2009?

Whether the bastard deliberately set out to ruin the club is not the point because nobody said that anyway, but his actions have lead to almost total ruin of the football club and there is no excuse.

No, you said that. And not for the first time, either.

No, you said that. And not for the first time, either.

Oh well. You had the chance to engage properly but once again you choose not to do so. What a loser.

It wasn't just his actions though, you can't simply ignore what went on beforehand under Shepherd where we borrowed heavily and sooner or later the belt would have to be tightened. You can't just roll Souness and Allardyce's time here under a carpet when so much damage was inflicted by these appointments.

It wasn't just his actions though, you can't simply ignore what went on beforehand under Shepherd where we borrowed heavily and sooner or later the belt would have to be tightened. You can't just roll Souness and Allardyce's time here under a carpet when so much damage was inflicted by these appointments.

I never have. I know they were bad appointments, especially sourness. I've said so numerous times.

I also know that those who are somehow supporting ashley now are the same people (like mandiarse) who were telling everyone to give sourness time to build his own team. I also remember that when I posted I didn't want the Board to back Sourness with money in the January window I was slated and told that the Board HAD to stump up the cash otherwise they would be confirmed as being shite.

I do understand that people want to whinge on about the previous Board because we had a good team but didn't win the title, especially after only signing 3 players in 2003 when we should have apparently signed half a team, but everything Ashley has done has been far worse than anything done by the previous Board.

I never have. I know they were bad appointments, especially sourness. I've said so numerous times.

I also know that those who are somehow supporting ashley now are the same people (like mandiarse) who were telling everyone to give sourness time to build his own team. I also remember that when I posted I didn't want the Board to back Sourness with money in the January window I was slated and told that the Board HAD to stump up the cash otherwise they would be confirmed as being shite.

I do understand that people want to whinge on about the previous Board because we had a good team but didn't win the title, especially after only signing 3 players in 2003 when we should have apparently signed half a team, but everything Ashley has done has been far worse than anything done by the previous Board.

So what? The previous board sold up and fucked off with the money because they wanted to. No one held a gun to their head otherwise they could still be here now...and in fact if they wanted to invest some cash they could buy it back same way as Ashley did. But they won't because they don't want to put their money in Newcastle and neither does anyone else. Until someone does it's pointless whingeing at the only bloke who's putting anything in no matter how reluctantly he's doing it.

Whether the b****** deliberately set out to ruin the club is not the point because nobody said that anyway, but his actions have lead to almost total ruin of the football club and there is no excuse.

I also know that those who are somehow supporting ashley now are the same people (like mandiarse) who were telling everyone to give sourness time to build his own team. I also remember that when I posted I didn't want the Board to back Sourness with money in the January window I was slated and told that the Board HAD to stump up the cash otherwise they would be confirmed as being s****.

So what? The previous board sold up and f***ed off with the money because they wanted to. No one held a gun to their head otherwise they could still be here now...and in fact if they wanted to invest some cash they could buy it back same way as Ashley did. But they won't because they don't want to put their money in Newcastle and neither does anyone else. Until someone does it's pointless whingeing at the only bloke who's putting anything in no matter how reluctantly he's doing it.

:clap:

So what? The previous board sold up and f***ed off with the money because they wanted to. No one held a gun to their head otherwise they could still be here now...and in fact if they wanted to invest some cash they could buy it back same way as Ashley did. But they won't because they don't want to put their money in Newcastle and neither does anyone else. Until someone does it's pointless whingeing at the only bloke who's putting anything in no matter how reluctantly he's doing it.

That says everything which needs to be said.