NUFC Gutless/Spineless/Quitter XI

Crumpy Gunt

No doubt Coloccini and Jonas would have been on that list in September. Luckily we have sensible people in charge at the club at the moment who are getting the best out of them rather than hounding them out only to watch slack jawed as they perform perfectly well elsewhere.

Given has no place in there- he stayed with us for years while we were absolute dogshit. I don't blame him at all for leaving.

Who would you pick instead of the two-time transfer requesting, ship jumping prick?

Why is he 'ship jumping'? It's not like he's a Newcastle fan, he saw a better offer and left, as most players do. He probably had some decent offers during his time but decided to stay put. He was solid for us and never gave anything less than 100%; I don't understad why some football fans think that players with no connection to a club have some sort of loyalty to stay the?re. Would you commit yourself to your current employer for life?

Given has no place in there- he stayed with us for years while we were absolute dogshit. I don't blame him at all for leaving.

Who would you pick instead of the two-time transfer requesting, ship jumping prick?

Why is he 'ship jumping'? It's not like he's a Newcastle fan, he saw a better offer and left, as most players do. He probably had some decent offers during his time but decided to stay put. He was solid for us and never gave anything less than 100%; I don't understad why some football fans think that players with no connection to a club have some sort of loyalty to stay the?re. Would you commit yourself to your current employer for life?

So he's a quitter. :thup:

Again, who would you pick instead?

This thread is gutless and spineless. If you have a problem with someone, you should tell them to their face, not this cowardly talking behind their back bullshit on a forum. Fucking wankers. The lot of you.

Not at all, again, are you going to stay in the same job all of your life? Even if one came up allowing you greater satisfaction and more money? Given has no loyalty to Newcastle at all, it's a totally differnet situation to someone like Rooney.

I wouldn't pick anyone instead, because I think the 'quitter' part of the title is ridiculous, and I think we've actually had excellent keepers throughout the time I've supported the club.

Not at all, again, are you going to stay in the same job all of your life? Even if one came up allowing you greater satisfaction and more money? Given has no loyalty to Newcastle at all, it's a totally differnet situation to someone like Rooney.

I wouldn't pick anyone instead, because I think the 'quitter' part of the title is ridiculous, and I think we've actually had excellent keepers throughout the time I've supported the club.

We're going to get hammered without a goalkeeper. :lol:

Shaka Hislop?  Worth a shout surely.

Decent shout. :thup:

It's worth a shout but it's a bit harsh like - he was a good guy and was trying his best and that, he just shit himself.

This thread is gutless and spineless. If you have a problem with someone, you should tell them to their face, not this cowardly talking behind their back bullshit on a forum. f***ing wankers. The lot of you.

The irony of that post is fantastic. :lol:

Double morals ftw :lol:

Mike Hooper?

Tommy Wright?

Kevin Brock? - Sure he played in goal against Birmingham once. He wore a top that was way too big for him

He was under CONTRACT and basically was saying he wouldn't play for us again, more or less on strike and forcing us to sell him.

I loved him as a player but this outrageous behaviour means I'll not be welcoming him. He should have seen out the season and we would have sold him anyway.

Imagine if the club decided to tear up the contracts of some of the highly paid wasters, the players would be in uproar. Funny how it's OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

He was under CONTRACT and basically was saying he wouldn't play for us again, more or less on strike and forcing us to sell him.

I loved him as a player but this outrageous behaviour means I'll not be welcoming him. He should have seen out the season and we would have sold him anyway.

Imagine if the club decided to tear up the contracts of some of the highly paid wasters, the players would be in uproar. Funny how it's OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

What a load of bollocks,

At the time the whole team was up for sale. NUFC said he was for sale for 14 mil  City offered 5, Given said he wanted to talk to them, City offered 5.8 we accepted, there was no strike and he didnt say he wouldnt play for us again.. we didnt have to accept 5.8.

I'm back from the dead just to say......

Viana - For 'that tackle'

Maric - Because he was!

Agree with most of the others, maybe not Babayaro because of the Liverpool game, as someone mentioned.

Guest palnese

I'm back from the dead just to say......

Viana - For 'that tackle'

Maric - Because he was!

Agree with most of the others, maybe not Babayaro because of the Liverpool game, as someone mentioned.

He was shite here, but will always respect him for his decision to play after the loss of his brother.  :thup:

Guest Stephen927

Full respect for him playing against Liverpool but the majority of his time here he had no bottle and hid in the injury room with niggle after niggle.