MLS 2010

Kaizero

Yeah, I'm hoping to get over there for some games, might be nip/tuck with the stadium being done in time. I love the plans for the second stadium opened out to the waterfront. 

That squad is going to need some quality additions before Spring that is for sure. Should be an interesting season.

They were doing a really good job of keeping the new Timbers kits under lock and key but some webmaster accidentally posted them to the official store before the unveiling in only a few hours.

Here's the home one:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9929/portlandhome.jpg

I was a season ticket holder with the Clash/Earthquakes form '96 to '05.  I am finding it really difficult to support them with enthusiasm since they returned to San Jose, even though they had a decent season last round.  I suppose I still feel betrayed by what happened.  I live in LA now, and cannot for the life of me come around to supporting any Los Angeles team. 

So adidas held a few meetings with the supporter's group and the front office of the Timbers and made these kits with a lot of intricate detail, here's the outcome with some of the close-up details:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5532/porjers1620.jpg

Also the second kit is modeled after the nickname of Portland, the "Rose City"

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3848/porjers2620.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So adidas held a few meetings with the supporter's group and the front office of the Timbers and made these kits with a lot of intricate detail, here's the outcome with some of the close-up details:

That's pretty sound of them like, shame it doesn't happen over here.

That's pretty sound of them like, shame it doesn't happen over here.

Yeah it sounded pretty awesome.  Apparently they had something like 50 prototypes at the meeting with the board of the supporters group where they talked about what they really wanted in the kit and so on.  I think they were trying to get on their good side since Nike is HQd in Portland but everyone in MLS has to use Adidas.

• 1 month later...

Have no idea who the 'stars' are in this year's draft.

Perry Kitchen and Darlington Nagbe were the two "MLS-ready" players coming out of college.  Omar Salgado came out of left field, especially as (I think) he takes up an international roster spot because he's not signed on a Generation Adidas contract.

Everyone in Portland wanted Nagbe but it was pretty much a done deal to Vancouver until a few days ago.  Getting him was a big coup, but not as big as DC United (who have a horrible defense) being able to get Kitchen who plays DM/CB.

#8 Michael Nanchoff goes to Vancouver.  Midfielder, 10 goals, 9 assists last season (his second season in college).

That makes 5 players drafted from Akron University which gives them the most players drafted in the first round in history.

Is Taylor Twellman the anchor for this, and not the analyst?

Yeah it's him and Lalas in the studio.  Rob Stone and John Harkes are at the draft.

Weird. Former players don't often go for that role. Too bad he can't force himself into Lalas' role.

Is Taylor Twellman the anchor for this, and not the analyst?

Yeah it's him and Lalas in the studio.  Rob Stone and John Harkes are at the draft.

Weird. Former players don't often go for that role. Too bad he can't force himself into Lalas' role.

He's kind of a huge dudebro when analyzing but overall he's still better than Lalas.